What is your favorite place to get Pizza?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.

Favorite Pizza?

Poll ended at 19 Sep 2017, 01:54

Little Caesar's
3%
Papa Johns
3%
Pizza Hut
10%
Domino's
17%
Other (Local)
48%
Other (Mainstream)
14%
I don't care, Pizza's Pizza!
3%

Total votes: 29

France benj89
Howdah

Re: What is your favorite place to get Pizza?

Post by benj89 »

I like hershey's it's just slightly too sugary to me. Actually one of the first things I noticed in the US: lack of good cheap chocolate like the kinder ones and lack of good candies (no dragibus!?). Comparing the average french/swiss chocolate to the average US one is like comparing the EU vs the US version of Nutella: one tastes more hazelnut/less sugary than the other. It's like when you put ketchup or chili sauce on everything, you forget that food is also about flavors other than salt/sugar/spice. I love lots of american foods and wish we had those in France, one that comes to mind is how delicious some BBQ restaurants are. For example, I had the best bacon/pork ribs/burgers/hot dogs/steaks/chicken wings/lobster/pancakes/popcorns/donuts and the list goes on. I don't go to restaurants often but I think american cuisine has great products, just lacks great dishes.

I like domino's too, ate it for 2 years without complaining and if domino's was 2/3 of the current price I would still consider buying it. However I've always found their pizza too salty for some reason.

The critique is not so much about american vs italian pizzas since some of the places I have in mind aren't even italian, it's just the fact that somehow domino's costs the same than actual pizza restaurants that use quality products, which is absurd. McDonalds is cheaper than any burger restaurants I can think of
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

This discussion prompted me to buy sweets from the vending machine downstairs at midnight.
No Flag Maiernator
Crossbow
ESO: Maiernator

Post by Maiernator »

In Germany you mostly go local italian restaurants, the only fastfood chain serving pizzas which is somewhat popular in my area is pizza hut, never saw any of the franchises.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Maiernator wrote:In Germany you mostly go local italian restaurants, the only fastfood chain serving pizzas which is somewhat popular in my area is pizza hut, never saw any of the franchises.

We have domino's as well, but almost only in bigger cities (used to be called joey's pizza or something like that). But yeah the vast majority buys their pizza in actual italian restaurants.