2018 Amsterdam meetup

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: 2018 Amsterdam meetup

Post by Garja »

bwinner1 wrote:Let's be honnest : it's Amsterdam only because goodspeed is dutch and @XeeleeFlower made the tread^^

There was like 50 people who die by terrorism in Paris in the last decade and I guess like 100 millions people came here, so the risk is ridiculous^^
I also think that there are more fr and ger player than dutch player.
I already went to Amserdam and don't think at all it's the most beautiful city in the world lol, not even top 10 Imo (even if it's not especially bad either).

Btw I don't see any reason to do it somewhere else either, so you could just arg this is a random big city in europe where young people can make party.

Anyway I don't intend to take hollydays to see foreign aoe people I have never seen...

PS : who the fuck want to pay >150$ per night ??? As I came there I esily found a bed for <30€ (can't remember but I think it was like 23€)...

My previous post wan't too serious, but honestly it's just the most obvious choice. It's just the most in anglophone state after UK and most central in Europe. Germany of France your going to make it more expensive for either western or eastern europeans. I suppose Paris is maybe a bit cheaper to flight to for Americans. Definitely it is more expensive for accommodation and other stuff. I suppose Hostel franchises cost more or less the same regardless of the city tho.
Image Image Image
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

Maybe if people don't like amsterdam we could have a poll? I've never been myself so it would be a cool experience!
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

kami_ryu wrote:Paris sucks in a few ways, honestly I don't like the city. I've been there many times on business. It's probably expensive.

I will say though after Chicago & Denver, I can safely say that the French have the best public transit system ever. Except maybe for the Japanese.

CHINA NUMBER ONE
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

kami_ryu wrote:Paris sucks in a few ways, honestly I don't like the city. I've been there many times on business. It's probably expensive.

I will say though after Chicago & Denver, I can safely say that the French have the best public transit system ever. Except maybe for the Japanese.

I member it was so easy to get around in paris.. same for london really
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It's Amsterdam because
- Has a big international airport
- Reachable by car for the many Dutch and German people in the community
- Some of the Dutch may be able to host people
- Everyone speaks English
- Isn't super expensive
- Plenty of tourist attractions
- Weed is legal

It's a no-brainer really
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yeah Tokyo probably has everyone beat when it comes to subway systems. Maybe Seoul.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Goodspeed wrote:

Yeah Tokyo probably has everyone beat when it comes to subway systems. Maybe Seoul.

Now unironically: Shenzhen. Very cheap and advanced from what I've heard, read and seen. At least on par with Tokyo
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I see. You weren't kidding with the China #1 post.
A list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metro_systems
If you sort by ridership (millions) you can see the busiest ones on top. Interestingly Shenzhen metro opened only 13 years ago. No surprise then that it's modern.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Prague seems to be a better choice then, if only because it's more reachable for most Germans and for the Eastern Europeans.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Djigit wrote:Prague seems to be a better choice then, if only because it's more reachable for most Germans and for the Eastern Europeans.

And Czech is extremely cheap too.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

It really depends on where the most people interested in this are coming from.
From what I've seen the majority is from France and germany, so amsterdam would be in the middle of those.
Also its only 400 km far away from me ^^
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

doesn't really matter for me so long as its either where i dont need to get a visa, so in like the EU or in a nice cheap place like china or something. SEA is cheap as and everything is really nice. I'd be keen for a place i've never been to before so like make a week of it you know visit museums and stuff see the sights.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Goodspeed wrote:It's Amsterdam because
- Isn't super expensive

Compared to what? :hmm:
It definitely is super expensive compared to, say, Czech Republic/Slovakia/Poland...
Amsterdam is like top 5 most expensive in Europe.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

its amsterdam, boys and girls, for all the reasons goodspeed listed (although the "cheap" aspect can be argued about). Prague would also be fine, if not more convenient for me, but I see why Amsterdam should be chosen.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Better if its late August or early September tbh.
Top quality poster.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

After hearing these new suggestions , Amsterdam is much better.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Doesn't have to be Amsterdam for all 5 (or more) days right? Could potentially travel to other cities in The Netherlands. It's such a small country you can travel to every given place from every given place in like 3 hours.

Could go to Rotterdam Harbor or The Open Air Museum or something, but of course there are plently of options in Amsterdam.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Age of Empires 3 taught me that Rotterdam = Amsterdam.
Pay more attention to detail.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Europa Universalis 4 taught me that Netherlands = Belgium
Top quality poster.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

1- Has a big international airport
2- Reachable by car for the many Dutch and German people in the community
3- Some of the Dutch may be able to host people
4- Everyone speaks English
5- Isn't super expensive
6- Plenty of tourist attractions
7- Weed is legal

It's a no-brainer really

1-Like every other big city... (I just checked : London and Paris r bigger and Frankfurt is the same in term of passenger/year)
2-Yeah this make London out of the discution Imo, but it's far for many countries like Italia, Spain, Poland ect as well
3-Same in other countries lol (exept is someone offer to host everyone ?)
4-well, even though people are less fluent, everyone speak more or less English in european big cities anyway so that's not a big deal
5-False as many people said
6-Like in ther european big cities^^
7-True, I give you this one, even if I don't rly care about this, I understand that it can attract people

Lukas_L99 wrote:It really depends on where the most people interested in this are coming from.
From what I've seen the majority is from France and germany, so amsterdam would be in the middle of those.

Not at all lol, check the picture in attachement
Attachments
Capture d’écran (8).png
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

bwinner1 wrote:
1- Has a big international airport
2- Reachable by car for the many Dutch and German people in the community
3- Some of the Dutch may be able to host people
4- Everyone speaks English
5- Isn't super expensive
6- Plenty of tourist attractions
7- Weed is legal

It's a no-brainer really

1-Like every other big city... (I just checked : London and Paris r bigger and Frankfurt is the same in term of passenger/year)
2-Yeah this make London out of the discution Imo, but it's far for many countries like Italia, Spain, Poland ect as well
3-Same in other countries lol (exept is someone offer to host everyone ?)
4-well, even though people are less fluent, everyone speak more or less English in european big cities anyway so that's not a big deal
5-False as many people said
6-Like in ther european big cities^^
7-True, I give you this one, even if I don't rly care about this, I understand that it can attract people

Lukas_L99 wrote:It really depends on where the most people interested in this are coming from.

Not at all lol, check the picture in attachement

So we meet in Alsace-Lorraine?
Top quality poster.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Lol, would be good for this reason, but obviously bad for the locomotion ways and tourist attractions^^
But that was just to show this reason is rly bad because Paris, Bruxelle, Frankfurt, Munchen or Bern would be better choice in term of location if you considere it has to be in the middle of fr and ger
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

bwinner1 wrote:Lol, would be good for this reason, but obviously bad for the locomotion ways and tourist attractions^^
But that was just to show this reason is rly bad because Paris, Bruxelle, Frankfurt, Munchen or Bern would be better choice in term of location if you considere it has to be in the middle of fr and ger

ESOC WW1 re-enactment?
Top quality poster.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Laurence Drake wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:Lol, would be good for this reason, but obviously bad for the locomotion ways and tourist attractions^^

ESOC WW1 re-enactment?

A LAS ARMAS !