2018 Amsterdam meetup

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Re: 2018 Amsterdam meetup

Post by Rikikipu »

French sux at english. Imagine a whole country full of a mix between Kickass_OP and sudmakmak and then you'll probably not far from the reality.
Amsterdam is probably the best location for everyone, I don't think that a lot of Portuguese, Spanishes or Garjalianis are intersted to join anyway, so going a bit north and east is good.
One big forgotten asset that Paris got though, is the baguettes.
One big forgotten drawback that Amsterdam got though, is the horrible dutch electro-dance music.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

That circle isn't even centered correctly on the red line. I demand a new picture.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

bwinner1 wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:It's Amsterdam because
1- Has a big international airport
2- Reachable by car for the many Dutch and German people in the community
3- Some of the Dutch may be able to host people
4- Everyone speaks English
5- Isn't super expensive
6- Plenty of tourist attractions
7- Weed is legal

It's a no-brainer really

1-Like every other big city... (I just checked : London and Paris r bigger and Frankfurt is the same in term of passenger/year)
2-Yeah this make London out of the discution Imo, but it's far for many countries like Italia, Spain, Poland ect as well
3-Same in other countries lol (exept is someone offer to host everyone ?)
4-well, even though people are less fluent, everyone speak more or less English in european big cities anyway so that's not a big deal
5-False as many people said
6-Like in ther european big cities^^
7-True, I give you this one, even if I don't rly care about this, I understand that it can attract people
Not at all lol, check the picture in attachement
It's not cheaper than Prague, which I've heard is one of the best places in Europe to go to, but it's cheaper than Paris and London. I've always wanted to go to Prague. But it doesn't have some of the other benefits. People from the US would very likely have stops in their flights which is a pain, there wouldn't be many people close by who could potentially host anyone, people don't speak English as well, and people from western Europe (which is a large percentage of the people interested in this) would have to fly instead of drive. Oh and weed isn't legal.
Most importantly we wouldn't have ~5 people who live less than an hour away by car and could potentially host. There are a lot of Dutch people in this community and it's a small country which means they live close to AMS.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Also red light district
Top quality poster.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Now those are better arguments. ;)
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Goodspeed wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:It's Amsterdam because
1- Has a big international airport
2- Reachable by car for the many Dutch and German people in the community
3- Some of the Dutch may be able to host people
4- Everyone speaks English
5- Isn't super expensive
6- Plenty of tourist attractions
7- Weed is legal

It's a no-brainer really

1-Like every other big city... (I just checked : London and Paris r bigger and Frankfurt is the same in term of passenger/year)
2-Yeah this make London out of the discution Imo, but it's far for many countries like Italia, Spain, Poland ect as well
3-Same in other countries lol (exept is someone offer to host everyone ?)
4-well, even though people are less fluent, everyone speak more or less English in european big cities anyway so that's not a big deal
5-False as many people said
6-Like in ther european big cities^^
7-True, I give you this one, even if I don't rly care about this, I understand that it can attract people
Not at all lol, check the picture in attachement
It's not cheaper than Prague, which I've heard is one of the best places in Europe to go to, but it's cheaper than Paris and London. I've always wanted to go to Prague. But it doesn't have some of the other benefits. People from the US would very likely have stops in their flights which is a pain, there wouldn't be many people close by who could potentially host anyone, people don't speak English as well, and people from western Europe (which is a large percentage of the people interested in this) would have to fly instead of drive. Oh and weed isn't legal.
Most importantly we wouldn't have ~5 people who live less than an hour away by car and could potentially host. There are a lot of Dutch people in this community and it's a small country which means they live close to AMS.

From the 1st informations I checked : https://www.priceoftravel.com/1979/euro ... ker-index/
Paris is cheaper than Amsterdam, which is one of the most expensiv city in europ (Paris is one of them aswell), so that's definitly a bad reason to make it in Amsterdam.
Also as there is twice as much ger/fr players as Dutch player the 2nd reason doesn't sound relevant for me either (I mean doing it in one of thoose country would be better).
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Like I said most importantly there aren't ~5 people an hour away by car from Paris or London, or any other EU city except AMS. There may be more fr/ger players interested in coming (is that even true?) but those countries are much bigger so they wouldn't necessarily be at a drivable distance. I think the price thing is probably debatable, it depends on what you're doing. Either way due to the possibility of people hosting, the average price for a place to stay will be lower.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

bwinner1 wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes

From the 1st informations I checked : https://www.priceoftravel.com/1979/euro ... ker-index/
Paris is cheaper than Amsterdam, which is one of the most expensiv city in europ (Paris is one of them aswell), so that's definitly a bad reason to make it in Amsterdam.
Also as there is twice as much ger/fr players as Dutch player the 2nd reason doesn't sound relevant for me either (I mean doing it in one of thoose country would be better).

but in paris people speak french
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yeah @bwinner not all of the reasons I listed individually make AMS the best choice. It's the combination of all of them.
Are you even coming? you didn't fill out the form.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Goodspeed wrote:Like I said most importantly there aren't ~5 people an hour away by car from Paris or London, or any other EU city except AMS. There may be more fr/ger players interested in coming (is that even true?) but those countries are much bigger so they wouldn't necessarily be at a drivable distance. I think the price thing is probably debatable, it depends on what you're doing. Either way due to the possibility of people hosting, the average price for a place to stay will be lower.

I already met with 5 other people that live in Paris (in the same time), and kaiser wasn't there, which already make 7 (including me). And I am sur there is a lot more aoe player who live in Paris.

Btw I am not comming (exepect if it's in Paris), I am just here to annoy you :devil:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

bwinner1 wrote:Anyway I don't intend to take hollydays to see foreign aoe people I have never seen...

BIASED
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yeah.. That's great about the 7 people from Paris, but are they on this forum? This is an ESOC meetup. I'm sure there are tons of aoe players in any big city. You may not be interested in meeting other European players, which is funny because that's the whole point of this thing, but on the other hand I don't think any of us are interested in meeting random Frenchies.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Chattanooga Tennessee is the best place for a meet up
European Union KoenigRother
Skirmisher
ESO: Darky_soocer

Post by KoenigRother »

bwinner1 wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Like I said most importantly there aren't ~5 people an hour away by car from Paris or London, or any other EU city except AMS. There may be more fr/ger players interested in coming (is that even true?) but those countries are much bigger so they wouldn't necessarily be at a drivable distance. I think the price thing is probably debatable, it depends on what you're doing. Either way due to the possibility of people hosting, the average price for a place to stay will be lower.

I already met with 5 other people that live in Paris (in the same time), and kaiser wasn't there, which already make 7 (including me). And I am sur there is a lot more aoe player who live in Paris.

Btw I am not comming (exepect if it's in Paris), I am just here to annoy you :devil:

Thats the most French Thing i have ever read lol
notoric treehugger
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

gibson wrote:Chattanooga Tennessee is the best place for a meet up

chattanooga sounds like some chips brand. Hey b u d, pass me some of those sick chattanoogas
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Sounds more like a creative Cherokee/Nootka build created by StrategicJoeL but named by DITISSPARTA.
Pay more attention to detail.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Well if its in Frankfurt I'd come for sure
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Well if its in Frankfurt I'd come for sure
Yeah honnestly in Frankfrut I may considere to join too, because it's very close from Paris, but no way I travel to amsterdam
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Well cologne could also be an option... If its during August there's the gamescom too.

Maybe a possibility to test AoE4?!?!
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

boohoo what a loss
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Well cologne could also be an option... If its during August there's the gamescom too.

Or AoE3:DE even. I think this is a rather interesting idea.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

On second thought, Amsterdam can actually be interesting to see if some dutchmen here are as obnoxious IRL.

Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Well cologne could also be an option... If its during August there's the gamescom too.

Actually i would most probably come if it was in cologne, i have family friends there. We could go in the gamescon season aswell. that would be sick.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

ez
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

InsectPoison wrote:Why amsterdam though? Why not Paris or Brussels.
ESOC privilege. Don't buy into Göbbelsspeed's high Dutch propaganda.

Also, for the love of fuck – please not Paris!