Gender Issues and Poll

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.

Gender?

Male
76%
Female
10%
Bigender
No votes
Genderfluid
4%
Non-Binary
4%
Transgender (M->F)
4%
Transgender (F->M)
2%

Total votes: 49

No Flag Kommander
Musketeer

Gender Issues and Poll

Post by Kommander »

Hello, I am curious as to how many females are apart of the ESOC community and some ways we could be progressive by encouraging female streamers and gamers to engage in this community for the sake of diversity and equality, as it is 2017.

Thank for your engagement. :love:

I believe that we could encourage females to start playing Age of Empires (1, 2, 3, 1 DE, 2 DE, 3 DE, and 4) by making sure that Microsoft hears our complaints through email and encouraging Microsoft to give free keys to female streamers, make their marketing gender neutral, and allowing the players to create more diverse and inclusive marketing and advertising, and for a final idea, we could start protesting and refusing to purchase the new games unless they reach a status of progress and equality that meets with the standards of 2017 (I do not know how to enforce this yet).

Thank you for reading my post. It is appreciated that you will take the time out of your day for this thread. :biggrin:
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Re: Gender Issues and Poll

Post by Hidddy_ »

Optional female heroes would be badass
De Funk
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

I'm female but no one watches my streams.
No Flag Kommander
Musketeer

Post by Kommander »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:I'm female but no one watches my streams.

:hmm:
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

I'm Llama
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

I'm a female Llama
No Flag Kommander
Musketeer

Post by Kommander »

Only Llamas in this thread :hmm:
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

I am a male, but i identify as a female. Will Microsoft give me a free key as well?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Animals only.
r]
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Name: Novislav Đajić
Interests: War Crimes, Genocide, Scout Sniping, Accordion

phpBB [video]
Top quality poster.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

Laurence Drake wrote:Name: Novislav Đajić
Interests: War Crimes, Genocide, Scout Sniping, Accordion

phpBB [video]

@tedere12 you have to see this !
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

thats quite a lot of llamas we have here.

I demand royalties
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

lemmings121 wrote:thats quite a lot of llamas we have here.

I demand royalties

Marshal lemmings, the great chief commander !
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Kommander wrote: I believe that we could encourage females to start playing Age of Empires (1, 2, 3, 1 DE, 2 DE, 3 DE, and 4)
Females do play AoE.
encouraging Microsoft to give free keys to female streamers
This is ridiculous. Why should females be granted free keys simply because they are females? Perhaps Microsoft should offer free keys to top streamers, whether they are male or female.
make their marketing gender neutral
it already is...
and allowing the players to create more diverse and inclusive marketing and advertising
so the players should do the marketing and advertising? Or, are you referencing player driven sites such as this one?
and for a final idea, we could start protesting and refusing to purchase the new games unless they reach a status of progress and equality that meets with the standards of 2017 (I do not know how to enforce this yet).
Pretty sure that this game doesn't suffer because of equality reasons. That makes zero sense. But yes, go ahead and protest if it makes you feel better.

Many females play this game. I play with them on ESO. I converse with them here and on Discord. Some lurk. Others have been driven away. Why? Because they don't feel welcome. Because they've been harassed. Because people treat them differently. Because they worry about being 1 of just a few females in the community. Because they worry that their English isn't strong enough. Because as they're learning the game, people bash their noobness on the fact that they're female. Because they have a IDGAF attitude. Because they do care, and it hurts. There are many reasons. This list is not conclusive, nor inclusive of all.

I recognize that this is bait. I am taking it. Try to pull me up from the sea, you may drown. :flowers:
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Scotland grip_of_lron
Crossbow
ESO: I'll tell u later

Post by grip_of_lron »

i echo XeeleeFlower.

i HOPE this is bait, or you're going to live a shitty life blaming all your problems on gender inequality.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

We declare it a bait regardless of what it was initially.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

@XeeleeFlower what you write is true, but there's also simply way less females interested in aoe (and generally speaking, in video games) than males. I mean, a ton of people play more or less anonymously on this game, without anyone knowing anything about them, and barely typing. How could you even know that anonymous person is a female, let alone harass her? So yeah, there's a lot of misogynist dicks out there, but I doubt it's the main reason why females don't play the game.

Then you can wonder why would females be less attracted by video games, but that's another topic.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Kaiserklein wrote:Then you can wonder why would females be less attracted by video games, but that's another topic.
Although a very interesting one. The only interesting thing regarding this whole thing, I'd say.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

@Kaiserklein I am not saying that these are the reasons why females don't play the game. I am saying that this is why it doesn't appear that many females play. :flowers: This is, of course, based upon reasons that I have been given by other females, as well as my own feelings prior to delurking. Thanks to @QueenOfdestiny streaming, I decided to delurk on this site because I finally felt comfortable enough to do so.

Based upon the ratio of people that I know that play, I would say that approximately 10% of the players are female. Yes, this is a low number. Yes, there are more males that play than females. I am well aware of that. Perhaps we can discuss those reasons in a different thread. Perhaps you wish to continue here. :flowers:

In any case, you all are lovely. There's beauty in all of you. I just hope you can find it before it's far too obscured by ugliness.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Probably less than 10%. Pubg has like 3% female and I don't see why aoe would be more attractive
United States of America Blondie1011
Crossbow

Post by Blondie1011 »

Im female and I play. Not very good at it , but try.....
A few of u know that ...
I stole my husbands game....Because he was worse then me playing ....lol....And I actually just found out there are a few more girls playing today while i was in a game. And ill take any free ESO keys for stream for being a girl lolol jk
I am probally the second worst player in the History of AOE :ohmy:
United States of America Blondie1011
Crossbow

Post by Blondie1011 »

And if I ever streamed a game people would run after seeing 5 mins of my gameplay lmao !! So Its a good thing this female never live streams, but who knows maybe one day
I am probally the second worst player in the History of AOE :ohmy:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

gibson wrote:Probably less than 10%. Pubg has like 3% female and I don't see why aoe would be more attractive
Completely different genre. Maybe women don't appreciate FPS as much as men. But where are you getting the 3% from?
10% does sound like a lot, but I'd think it's more than 3.
Gendarme wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Then you can wonder why would females be less attracted by video games, but that's another topic.
Although a very interesting one. The only interesting thing regarding this whole thing, I'd say.
I think on average women are less into games in general, including video games. Especially video games because they require a larger investment of money (hardware) and, generally, time.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I'd say 10% is way too high based on my experiences in both aoe3 and real life. I don't actually think I know a female in real life that's a serious gamer (like pr 20+ serious).
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Goodspeed wrote:
gibson wrote:Probably less than 10%. Pubg has like 3% female and I don't see why aoe would be more attractive
Completely different genre. Maybe women don't appreciate FPS as much as men. But where are you getting the 3% from?
10% does sound like a lot, but I'd think it's more than 3.
A survey taken by aprox 9k players