Who will win?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.

Who will win?

The bonds we've made over years from playing and discussing a game we are all passionate about
38%
-10 hp
62%

Total votes: 65

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Who will win?

Post by deleted_user »

I heard in a twitch chat "EP is literally dividing the community" but it seems rather silly to let it do that so easily.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Re: Who will win?

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

deleted_user wrote:I heard in a twitch chat "EP is literally dividing the community" but it seems rather silly to let it do that so easily.

How can you hear written words?
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Just wanna 9/10 in peace tbh
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

tis a bit silly tbh, considering india is probably stronger than before as long as you're not the type to make pure sepoy.
oranges.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

The bailbondsh we've made over years from playing and discussing a game we are all passionate about
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Aizamk wrote:tis a bit silly tbh, considering india is probably stronger than before as long as you're not the type to make pure sepoy.
Not everyone can start with a TP and advanced wonders :chinese:
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Aizamk wrote:tis a bit silly tbh, considering india is probably stronger than before as long as you're not the type to make pure sepoy.

This is a common mistake to make. "Advanced Wonders" does not make a civ stronger.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

The bonds that have been made are what allow for such complaining and everyone still playing regardless.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

deleted_user wrote:I heard in a twitch chat "EP is literally dividing the community" but it seems rather silly to let it do that so easily.

This is an opinion I stole from mitoe btw. He said, at some point, that he thought it might have been better if we had never made ep. The point goes way beyond this patch really. It's actually a fact, unless you still play games with the japanese community.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Jerom wrote:

This is an opinion I stole from mitoe btw. He said, at some point, that he thought it might have been better if we had never made ep. The point goes way beyond this patch really. It's actually a fact, unless you still play games with the japanese community.

which jp community ? theres isnt one. And before Ep there hadnt been one either. Jp com died a long time ago.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Ep4 EleGiggle
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Reading this I remember, around an year ago. I wanted to make a strategic map(scenario, cant ever script) which could be balanced for RE patch.
With map design and starting buildings to buff turtling(which is weak in aoe3). Allowing boom civs to more easily survive rushes.
While having TP line, treasures and location of resources designed to allow rush civs like otto to have boom option. Making important to scout a lot, and Rock paper scissors countering of strats.
Made some drafts on paper, but never got time to watch the map making video tutorials..

Has anyone tried this. Or can link to similar scenarios?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

lordraphael wrote:
Jerom wrote:

which jp community ? theres isnt one. And before Ep there hadnt been one either. Jp com died a long time ago.
I guess he means the one team game they play per week thats password protected and is always a number from 0-10 that I always join, say como estas, and usually get kicked.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

How did I get the nickname Prince of sepoys then???
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Jerom wrote:

I don't give a shit who said it. It's an extremely crude and reactionist opinion which doesn't have to become true, really there is no reason for it to.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

It was meant to be food for thought and there is some truth to it at least. I figured you were just ridiculing everything I said without giving it second thought because thats what it seemed like for the last few days so I thought I'd add the source.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

The core idea of the statement would probably be that people used to accept all differences in balances and in maps and stuff as things they wouldn't ever be able to fix and it was fine that way and people would just have fun and try to discover how to play civs well in unfavorable positions with very little balance whine but then the patch came and it promised to balance the game which led to endless discussions about what balance change to do and what civ is strong and split people in camps of different opinions. It's just the way people work I suppose but one could in the end wonder if it was worth it without making these lame sepoy hp comments, especially once anti cheat stopped working too.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Seems a little strange to get so upset about the patch at this point when an updated version of the game is on the way
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

gibson wrote:I guess he means the one team game they play per week thats password protected and is always a number from 0-10 that I always join, say como estas, and usually get kicked.

ur just jealous you don't get to play team games with piroshiki
oranges.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

gibson wrote:
lordraphael wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I guess he means the one team game they play per week thats password protected and is always a number from 0-10 that I always join, say como estas, and usually get kicked.

oi Jesús al lugar, que pasa?
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

I loved the game,
right from the start,
but with 10hp,
you broke my heart.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jam wrote:I loved the game,
right from the start,
but with 10hp,
you broke my heart.

damn
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

-10hp sepoy? you think thits is about -10hp kid? its absurd to think the reason is only 10hp! IT IS MUCH MORE THEN THAT! you want to know what else? uhm? -5HP ON UHLANS!.

thats too much, cant stand ep anymore, literally unplayable.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

lemmings121 wrote:-10hp sepoy? you think thits is about -10hp kid? its absurd to think the reason is only 10hp! IT IS MUCH MORE THEN THAT! you want to know what else? uhm? -5HP ON UHLANS!.

thats too much, cant stand ep anymore, literally unplayable.

yesh
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

lordraphael wrote:
Jerom wrote:

There has been this fake perspective that the EP and our lack of care for the Japanese community caused them to quit the game all together.

Always good to bring up some fake news and link anyone not playing aoe anymore to the EP.

In reality we worked closely with boneng to understand their desires and he also shared that in general the Japanese community was quickly shrinking as some key people moved on to other games.