Are you sociopathic?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.

Do you consider yourself to be sociopathic

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 54

United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Are you sociopathic?

Post by site »

I am curious.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Are you sociopathic?

Post by Gendarme »

Curious to see how close to 4% it gets? I'd take the results with a grain of salt as this is le internet.
Pay more attention to detail.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Maybe antisocial
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Relevant signature.

Site is getting his rocks off thinking a 34 ACT makes him special and correct.

TBH it's a bit late in the adalescent's growth for the edge lord phase to develop but it appears to be a serious case nontheless.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

NekoBerk wrote:Maybe antisocial

That's the correct DSM 5 diagnosis for this behavior, yes.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

I think we need a thread to discuss Callen's signature.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's literally the easiest thing ever to defend against the murder of 3.5 billion individuals. Site is delusional.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Well, the discussion is about the practicality of the whole thing, not the morality. See it as a thought-experiment.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

wtf happened to site btw?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Gendarme wrote:Well, the discussion is about the practicality of the whole thing, not the morality. See it as a thought-experiment.

He believes it to be genuinely justified and has said if he could he would enact it. He does not believe the murder of 3.5 billion people to be "wrong" in any way. In fact he believes morality to be completely subjective in every regard. He admits it "wouldn't be easy" is all. This is highly disturbing.

The issue is entirely an ethical one - that is the obvious umbrella it falls under.

Site never started talking about its practical effectiveness until you brought it up halfway through the conversation. To think that was its entire and initial discussion is simply false.

Anyways I'm all for the thought experiment if site would denounce it as obviouslly immoral and entirely theoretical. But the fact that he genuinely believes this to be true is concerning and worth denouncing.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

rofl... goodspeed is gone for a few seconds, and you guys start to plot the murder of half the planet... kids these days.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Saying "the world would be a better place" implies practicality. What else would that mean?

Sure, you can denounce his lack or morality, but I think it is rather irrelevant. A thought experiement is much more interesting than Site's morals.
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

You must separate your conceptions of morality and ethics from simulations such as this. Of course unprecedented murder is "Bad". Would humanity bounce back as being overall "better off" with a higher median intelligence though?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's a barely interesting at best and easily answerable thought experiment in its own right. More likely it's just pure asinine.

But no - I'm focused on his actual belief in this system which to me seems much more relevant fixture.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

site wrote:You must separate your conceptions of morality and ethics from simulations such as this. Of course unprecedented murder is "Bad". Would humanity bounce back as being overall "better off" with a higher median intelligence though?

This is literal damage control. If any of you are interested in watching his insane views unfold naturally read the dramahub discord history and hope no one has deleted anything.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

umeu wrote:rofl... goodspeed is gone for a few seconds, and you guys start to plot the murder of half the planet... kids these days.

go to bed dutchlucifer
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

site wrote:You must separate your conceptions of morality and ethics from simulations such as this. Of course unprecedented murder is "Bad". Would humanity bounce back as being overall "better off" with a higher median intelligence though?

you sound like pol pot ^^ except he killed those with iq over 50.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Hazza54321 wrote:
umeu wrote:rofl... goodspeed is gone for a few seconds, and you guys start to plot the murder of half the planet... kids these days.

go to bed dutchlucifer

its 1.30 pm here you fool. i just woke up XD
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

How are you going to murder 3.5 billion people? Has anyone actually have a plan for this? Who's going to pick up the garbage and deliver mail?

Good thing Americans won't just elect some random guy without political experie... oh wait.
Finland fungu
Musketeer
ESO: vati

Post by fungu »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:How are you going to murder 3.5 billion people? Has anyone actually have a plan for this? Who's going to pick up the garbage and deliver mail?

Well, when you kill off the sub-human idiots, the remaining intellectuals will develop telekinesis and telepathy in a few generations. No need for clunky old mail and garbage will be flying through the air as fast as their thoughts will allow. Which in some sense is already happening...
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:How are you going to murder 3.5 billion people? Has anyone actually have a plan for this? Who's going to pick up the garbage and deliver mail?

Good thing Americans won't just elect some random guy without political experie... oh wait.

Of course someone would find a way to relate the random musings of a sociopath to Donald Trump's election...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY OF THE ASCENSION OF THE GOD-EMPEROR EVERYONE
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I don't see how the world society would benefit from a higher average IQ of its members. Do you think it would make things any better? Smart people with bad intentions are a worse thing for society than "dumb" people. If you are so cynical to the point where you think that the murder of 3.5 billion people would be completely acceptable, if life has no meaning to you, then you probably should not even care about society. What makes our world different from any other inanimate mass of rocks orbiting around a star is life (personally i see it as the only truly objective value that can be attributed to this planet), i don't think our world would be "better" if such an outrage to life like a murder of billions of people happened.
Besides, intelligence is a totally arbitrary criterion to determine the value of a human life. I could be wishing for the murder of everyone below the 50th percentile for height and it would be the same.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It comes down to the fact there exist no natural differences in individuals which assumes an arbitrary right to moral superiority. There is nothing which presupposes one to more protection of life, liberty, and property than another. It is an arbitrary right to superiority over another, morally speaking. Yes, morality is an overarching truth to most of everything to an extent, and especially to an extent which covers half the worlds popultion. Nearly all ethical theories agree on the most obvious of unethical behavior - murder - not to say the murder of 3.5 billion peoples. It's quite clear. More people should read more.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

I must say I stalked the discord a bit. (Kudos to Ear btw) I understand that intellectual and considered votes should be more relevant than random, uneducated and biased. However, there are many problems with this thought. What is intelligence and can it be measured? If it can, is IQ test the only intelligence that needs to be credited? What about emotional intelligence, and so on. Also, artificial intelligence isn't yet that advanced to be able to make "moral" decisions. If we don't know what intelligence is, we cannot make an artificial one. Finally, imagine you kill 3.5 billion dumb ppl, ignoring consequences and many other things. Where does it stop? I, the highly intelligent being, am much smarter than you and to me, you are still a silly stupid one. And there is another human smarter than me and another one. Should we just start a plunge?

EDIT: It's sociopath.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)