Are you sociopathic?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.

Do you consider yourself to be sociopathic

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 54

Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Are you sociopathic?

Post by Gendarme »

The world would hence be better off without humans. I think all other forms of life would agree.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Dont worry he has potential specific gross population sizes which shouldn't be reached. He only really advocates for the murder of the half of several populations but not for all populations.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

I would also like to know how one would measure intelligence. IQ tests are flawed. An individual's GPA is not a valid measurement, nor is the GRE, MENSA, etc.

With regards to antisocial personality disorder, there is a strong correlation between social media use and a higher prevalence of the disorder. One could argue that we simply see more APD behaviors exhibited because we see more individuals, or that individuals who are prevalent on social media tend to have some form of the disorder. I take the stance, however, that an increase of social media, an increase of "connectedness", if you will, contributes to more individuals developing the disorder. (I really don't like the word "disorder", by the way. It feels like a negative judgment and isn't very objective.)

The increase of APD in our society has the potential to either destroy humanity, or to recreate it. If the individuals are not self aware, then chaos and anarchism will ensue. If, however, they are able to turn their feelings (yes, they tend to have feelings, the feelings relate to themselves, not others) toward their future offspring and think from a biological perspective a bit, then they will be able spur us toward transhumanism. This is because, I feel, in the future, humanity will (if we don't kill ourselves first) replace itself with AI. Emotions and feelings will get in the way of that. It is evolution. I am glad I will not be alive to see it.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night itā€™s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

umeu wrote:rofl... goodspeed is gone for a few seconds, and you guys start to plot the murder of half the planet... kids these days.

I liked pinky and brain very much and it motivated me to try taking over the world everyday

hi
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

XeeleeFlower wrote:I would also like to know how one would measure intelligence. IQ tests are flawed. An individual's GPA is not a valid measurement, nor is the GRE, MENSA, etc.

With regards to antisocial personality disorder, there is a strong correlation between social media use and a higher prevalence of the disorder. One could argue that we simply see more APD behaviors exhibited because we see more individuals, or that individuals who are prevalent on social media tend to have some form of the disorder. I take the stance, however, that an increase of social media, an increase of "connectedness", if you will, contributes to more individuals developing the disorder. (I really don't like the word "disorder", by the way. It feels like a negative judgment and isn't very objective.)

The increase of APD in our society has the potential to either destroy humanity, or to recreate it. If the individuals are not self aware, then chaos and anarchism will ensue. If, however, they are able to turn their feelings (yes, they tend to have feelings, the feelings relate to themselves, not others) toward their future offspring and think from a biological perspective a bit, then they will be able spur us toward transhumanism. This is because, I feel, in the future, humanity will (if we don't kill ourselves first) replace itself with AI. Emotions and feelings will get in the way of that. It is evolution. I am glad I will not be alive to see it.

You're being entirely too forgiving. It's not a matter of measurement but of obvious disconcertment.

It's not an argument about APD but of someone wanting to murder half the planet.

I'm honestly baffled any such discussion is occurring that isn't immediate alienation of whack job site.

APD will never succeed as any dominating force - 96% of the planet yet has feelings. Imagine that!

The world could do better with more David Hume in their lives.
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

deleted_user wrote:You're being entirely too forgiving. It's not a matter of measurement but of obvious disconcertment.

It's not an argument about APD but of someone wanting to murder half the planet.

I'm honestly baffled any such discussion is occurring that isn't immediate alienation of whack job site.

APD will never succeed as any dominating force - 96% of the planet yet has feelings. Imagine that!

I understand your position. Unfortunately for me, alienating people is not something I am able to do. Unless I continue to get used, then I'm pretty good at not letting someone back in. While exhausting, I want to know people. I want to know and understand why people think what they think. Without knowing and understanding, there's no way to have a conversation. It's just talking over each other. How can I engage if my argument is based upon one thing while his is based on another. Picking apart an argument is critical to altering the way an individual thinks. If you (general you, not just you) don't know and understand the argument, how can you pick it apart?

I am too forgiving, I do care too much. I like people. I didn't read through the entire discord, but I do believe that @site is not too entrenched in his thinking to be unable to think critically. If he wants a thought experiment, then engaging in one with him seems prudent. Frankly, it exhausts me. I'm way too sensitive. Yet, it's worth it to me if he, or someone else, whether it's admitted or not, becomes a more caring and loving person towards society, no matter how slight that change is.

Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

XeeleeFlower wrote:[spoiler=spoiler]
deleted_user wrote:You're being entirely too forgiving. It's not a matter of measurement but of obvious disconcertment.

[/spoiler]

I understand your position. Unfortunately for me, alienating people is not something I am able to do. Unless I continue to get used, then I'm pretty good at not letting someone back in. While exhausting, I want to know people. I want to know and understand why people think what they think. Without knowing and understanding, there's no way to have a conversation. It's just talking over each other. How can I engage if my argument is based upon one thing while his is based on another. Picking apart an argument is critical to altering the way an individual thinks. If you (general you, not just you) don't know and understand the argument, how can you pick it apart?

I am too forgiving, I do care too much. I like people. I didn't read through the entire discord, but I do believe that @site is not too entrenched in his thinking to be unable to think critically. If he wants a thought experiment, then engaging in one with him seems prudent. Frankly, it exhausts me. I'm way too sensitive. Yet, it's worth it to me if he, or someone else, whether it's admitted or not, becomes a more caring and loving person towards society, no matter how slight that change is.

Ffs can somebody give xeelee a flower???? :flowers:
Might be boring for some, but engaging thought experiment for me.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I am a zoisciopath.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

BrookG wrote:
XeeleeFlower wrote:[spoiler=spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Ffs can somebody give xeelee a flower???? :flowers:
Might be boring for some, but engaging thought experiment for me.
Don't count on Goodspeed to.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ffs I'm the only one who doesn't want to consider the murder of half the persons currently alive?

Honestly very telling of this website...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

NekoBerk wrote:Maybe antisocial
I think this is a common feature with AoE3 players. Perhaps RTS players or internet users in general, in fact.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

deleted_user wrote:Ffs I'm the only one who doesn't want to consider the murder of half the persons currently alive?

Do you see now?
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

:love:
Gendarme wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Ffs I'm the only one who doesn't want to consider the murder of half the persons currently alive?

Do you see now?

You can't guilt me into possessing anti semitic and genocidal views I'm sorry.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

Sociopathy /=/ Anti-social. Sociopathy is basically interchangeable with Psychopathy and is probably due to organic damage to, or genetic poor development of, the amygdala and/or the limbic 'system'.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

oats13 wrote:Sociopathy /=/ Anti-social. Sociopathy is basically interchangeable with Psychopathy and is probably due to organic damage to, or genetic poor development of, the amygdala and/or the limbic 'system'.
I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. Please don't take offense. :flowers:

United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

There are fundamental differences between sociopathic and psychopathic behaviors.

While there are many similarities, it is thought that sociopaths have a less severe lack of empathy and lack of guilt. Furthermore, sociopaths can form deep bonds, such as with family, friends, and romantic partners - while psychopaths cannot.

Sociopathy is antisocial behavior disorder, psychopathy is a step beyond that.
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

According to Kelly McAleer, Psy.D,

"The psychopath is callous, yet charming. He or she will con and manipulate others with charisma and intimidation and can effectively mimic feelings to present as "normal" to society. The psychopath is organized in their criminal thinking and behavior, and can maintain good emotional and physical control, displaying little to no emotional or autonomic arousal, even under situations that most would find threatening or horrifying. The psychopath is keenly aware that what he or she is doing is wrong, but does not care.

"Conversely, the sociopath is less organized in his or her demeanor; he or she might be nervous, easily agitated, and quick to display anger. A sociopath is more likely to spontaneously act out in inappropriate ways without thinking through the consequences. Compared to the psychopath, the sociopath will not be able to move through society committing callous crimes as easily, as they can form attachments and often have 'normal temperaments.' . . ."
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I dont consider myself anything. Wasting enregy of thinking. Rather play some aoe3.
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Post by j_t_kirk »

According to this test I am not sociopath. (30%)
http://illnessquiz.com/sociopath-test/
ImageImageImage
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

XeeleeFlower wrote:
oats13 wrote:Sociopathy /=/ Anti-social. Sociopathy is basically interchangeable with Psychopathy and is probably due to organic damage to, or genetic poor development of, the amygdala and/or the limbic 'system'.

I'm sorry but this is simply not true.Please don't take offense.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/ ... sociopath/
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Wtf many of us are in our 20's. Why is anybody giving their opinion on half the population as if their opinion had validity? We haven't even got ourselves figured out, much less half the population. Executing half the population is something an irrational moron would say, one that lacks empathy and the basic understanding of the development of society/human civilization. Anybody with half a brain cell can recognize that humans have only come this far through cooperation and teamwork. Logically, you would have to denounce the luxuries and amenities of modern life before you can denounce half of humanity/society. It's only logical since we can't have one without the other.

Edit: sorry for the small flame but executing half the population is just dumb to me
De Funk
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

oats13 wrote:
XeeleeFlower wrote:

I'm sorry but this is simply not true.Please don't take offense.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/ ... sociopath/

Umm, your link disagrees with your initial statement and agrees with mine. Have I misread something again? I am so confused. Wait, am I being trolled?

No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

no it happens when you quickly search for something on google to back up your claims *cough* metis *cough*
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

jesus3 wrote:
umeu wrote:rofl... goodspeed is gone for a few seconds, and you guys start to plot the murder of half the planet... kids these days.

I liked pinky

me too :cry: :cry: :cry:
@tedere12
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

No it does not contradict my claims, it directly confirms my claims that sociopathy is basically interchangeable with pychopathy in that it explicitly states that the dsm uses the same pool of standardising diagnostics for both conditions- the other point I make is i'm not sure even challengeable- i.e that being anti-social /=/ sociopathic.

I'm not being funny here but when I use the word basically I mean it in it's actual sense, not as a literary adjunct.

The intention of the original post was to state that there is quite some difference between a social 'condition' and a severe mental disorder.