What are you purchasing in Steam sales?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Re: What are you purchasing in Steam sales?

Post by WickedCossack »

I purchased battlerite ... for free, since it's free. Boy am I shit at it though.

Did some 2v2's with chrisie, anyone else got it?
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

kami_ryu wrote:I just stumbled upon this game and it looks kind of cool: https://www.gog.com/game/hellblade_senuas_sacrifice

Anyone with first hand recommendations? It looks good on paper but I'm a cheap shit so $23 is something.

Edit I also avoid buying games on steam if I can because of DRM. gog is fantastic so I try to get my games from there if I can. Unfortunately some titles are missing from their catalogue. However, yeah, GOG4LIFE

While I don't have first-hand experiences on this game, it is a decent game overall but can feel a bit short and repetitive. There is, however, an extremely important game element that should not be underestimated - since there is no better way of saying it, I will directly quote from a youtube video (the full video is here: https://youtu.be/XuGW1lk6cuI)
Certain parts of the gameplay in this game are kind of disturbing... If you don't like seeing realistic depictions of mental illness and suffering, you might want to think about skipping today's video,
because that's something that Hellblade does, in a way that I haven't seen any other games do.

I hope the info I have provided helps you decide on whether or not you are going to grab the game while it's on sale. :chinese:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

WickedCossack wrote:I purchased battlerite ... for free, since it's free. Boy am I shit at it though.

I got it also since it was free, haven't opened it up yet though
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I just purchased Ghosts Master, It's an old game I used to play 12 years ago, funny how this game makes sense now that I can read English.
Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Post by Timba »

WickedCossack wrote:I purchased battlerite ... for free, since it's free. Boy am I shit at it though.

I recently got it too, and am also terrible at it.
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Bayonetta, Pyre (made by the same people that made Bastion and Transistor), Darkwood (don't know much about this game but it looked interesting), Overwatch (because I haven't been verbally assaulted enough recently).
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

I am purchasing ESO-Community.net and shutting this whole place down.