Apology to community

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: Apology to community

Post by zoom »

pecelot wrote:@sirmusket it's ok fam we all know your account got hacked, you'd never cheat by yourself, just protect your passes better next time xoxo
Your ESOC account is only as safe as you want it to be. If you share your account information with anyone, you are compromising your ESOC account.
No Flag Forjustice
Advanced Player
EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Forjustice

Post by Forjustice »

:hmm: Well, an utterly improbable prophecy came true. Calculated
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Mitoe wrote:
rickytickitembo wrote:@Mitoe, you're being way too soft on him. You suggested mistakes happen the last time he made basically the same post. He's been a smug and arrogant prick the whole time about it as well.

Perhaps there is some truth in what you say; although I had already chastised him for this in private before the incident became public knowledge. In general I don't really see the value in talking down to someone—especially in public.

I could add my voice to the tens of others in this thread that are already saying he should have learned his lesson, or suggesting that he may never learn. What good does that really do, though? I'm sure he's well aware of the community's unhappiness towards him right now.

What I said in my post remains true, and it neither forgives nor defends him. The community's forgiveness is not important, really. It doesn't look like anyone is going to forgive him anyway: the important thing for him to take away from this incident is to avoid putting himself in a situation where he needs to seek forgiveness again.

The value of taking someone down is to show others that this behaviour is an absolute no go. Its a statement: I have zero tolerance for this behaviour. Meanwhile, youre actually showing to have some amount of tolerance for this stuff by not making that statement and actually contesting it. That attitude invites people to give cheating a shot and hope that they wont get caught.
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

I Feel bad for him because the community/game is a part of his life but he has made his bed.
Why shouldn't one just cheat and try to get away with it? If they get away with it, they do well and advance... If they get caught just make a future apology and join the next tournament.

I think he should be banned from all upcoming tournaments. There needs to be some sort of precedent set for cheating.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Roiarthurbis got banned from tourneys and there's no evidence that he even cheated in a tourney, sirmusket cheated in a tourney and has a history of cheating and nothing.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

kinda true
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

zoom wrote:
pecelot wrote:@sirmusket it's ok fam we all know your account got hacked, you'd never cheat by yourself, just protect your passes better next time xoxo
Your ESOC account is only as safe as you want it to be. If you share your account information with anyone, you are compromising your ESOC account.

how about a nice fresh breeze from some Turkish brothers
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

gibson wrote:Roiarthurbis got banned from tourneys and there's no evidence that he even cheated in a tourney

I'll believe it when he releases his recs vs Prince
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

you mean the recs where prince absolutely smashed him? Anyway even if he did cheat point still stands cause sirmusket cheated too and nothing happened
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

gibson wrote:you mean the recs where prince absolutely smashed him?

Yes I mean those recs. I'm nearly convinced he was playing with a mh. Watch them and tell me if you think otherwise. I'm 1/1 on cheating hunches (in fact meaningless).
gibson wrote: Anyway even if he did cheat point still stands cause sirmusket cheated too and nothing happened

"Nothing happened."

It probably just forgot to get mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if he's banned from future tournies too. He's just a much lower profile player than roi/uhlan playing in a much lower profile tournament. Besides there's time to work out both of those issues before the next tournament. It's not really relevant right now.

P.S. I missed this in Bramboy's post: "Further sanctions may follow." Giver 'er time.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Im not going to forgive you twise. One time perhaps? Twise ^, no way. Im so angry about this cos it has
Destroyed the game. That is the issue imo! And i can not get myself to give you a 3rd change. Yeah, i take cheating serious
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:Roiarthurbis got banned from tourneys and there's no evidence that he even cheated in a tourney, sirmusket cheated in a tourney and has a history of cheating and nothing.

lol, i thought you defend cheaters, aparantly not all cheaters? just buttbuddy roi. hmm ok. imo sirmusket should also be banned. but whatever.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:Roiarthurbis got banned from tourneys and there's no evidence that he even cheated in a tourney, sirmusket cheated in a tourney and has a history of cheating and nothing.

lol, i thought you defend cheaters, aparantly not all cheaters? just buttbuddy roi. hmm ok. imo sirmusket should also be banned. but whatever.
yea thats it. Unban roiarthurbis from everything and ban sirmusket from everything!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

nah roi deserves the ban. hence the "also"
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

yup he does
Netherlands Bachscharfschütze
Skirmisher
ESO: michel103

Post by Bachscharfschütze »

i also want to apologize here, someone has smurfed on my account to get it to 2nd lt. I did not achieve this goal by myself.
''brits c'est vraiment une civ de fdp''
- Kaiserklein, 2018
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

shhh it took me long to get u up there..
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I think sirmusket doesn't need to be banned from every single tournament from now on. Banning him from just the next one should already be a good enough punishment. Banning him from all upcoming tournaments might make a player lose interest in AoE3 and leave the community, but i don't think that's what we really want, is it?
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

gamevideo113 wrote:I think sirmusket doesn't need to be banned from every single tournament from now on. Banning him from just the next one should already be a good enough punishment. Banning him from all upcoming tournaments might make a player lose interest in AoE3 and leave the community, but i don't think that's what we really want, is it?

Well he has apologized for cheating twice now and is racist, so I wouldn't be upset if he left the community
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

even though the community is rather small, to me cheating should deserve a temporary ban from ESOC and its tournaments
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

nah, just one tourney.
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
No Flag Bucknasty
Musketeer

Post by Bucknasty »

A week before he did this apology he really didn’t seem to care

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13411&p=282908#p282908
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Bucknasty wrote:A week before he did this apology he really didn’t seem to care

lol I was in line at Moe's when I looked back at that thread and the lady making my steak nachos looked at me oddly as I let out a childish giggle
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

gibson wrote:
Bucknasty wrote:A week before he did this apology he really didn’t seem to care

lol I was in line at Moe's when I looked back at that thread and the lady making my steak nachos looked at me oddly as I let out a childish giggle

I always laugh in public when i look at my phone and see something funny. Probably people think i am a sociopath
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:I think sirmusket doesn't need to be banned from every single tournament from now on. Banning him from just the next one should already be a good enough punishment. Banning him from all upcoming tournaments might make a player lose interest in AoE3 and leave the community, but i don't think that's what we really want, is it?

Well he has apologized for cheating twice now and is racist, so I wouldn't be upset if he left the community

that's racist