disclosing info about your peers in discord

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Re: disclosing info about your peers in discord

Post by gamevideo113 »

kami_ryu wrote:I wish I had so little problems that I would care about meaningless things as well

The starting issue is close to meaningless, yeah. I, for example, wouldn't care if people shared my private info (there isn't much to hide, my life is relatively boring). What strikes me though is that some people seem to think that it is completely fine to be a dick and just get away with it.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

@Goodspeed I thought inconsiderate implied thoughtlessness (i.e. not taking things into consideration). How can you be inconsiderate while being thoughtful? In any case I don't see why are discussing semantics (e.g. "You're literally just saying you shouldn't be considerate to people"). Is inconsiderate the newest buzzword on the market?
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Gendarme wrote:@Goodspeed I thought inconsiderate implied thoughtlessness (i.e. not taking things into consideration). How can you be inconsiderate while being thoughtful? In any case I don't see why are discussing semantics (e.g. "You're literally just saying you shouldn't be considerate to people". Is inconsiderate the newest buzzword on the market?

Well what you're describing seems even more unethical to me. You're considering how someone feels, then doing something that upsets them anyway because you don't care or even want to upset them.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

momuuu wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:You're literally just saying you shouldn't be considerate to people

You don't have to be considerate to people if you don't want to. PC culture is really deep in you americans man.

Nobody said you had to. It's just a thing decent people do.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Gendarme wrote:@Goodspeed I thought inconsiderate implied thoughtlessness (i.e. not taking things into consideration). How can you be inconsiderate while being thoughtful? In any case I don't see why are discussing semantics (e.g. "You're literally just saying you shouldn't be considerate to people". Is inconsiderate the newest buzzword on the market?
In this context people are using inconsiderate to mean rude essentially. The definition you first mentioned also works as well. Someone shares someone elses personal info because they haven't thought about what would happen if they did. The implication is the the action they are doing is not something someone who had thought about it would want to do. It assumes some sort of objective morals I guess.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

When in doubt, semantics it out 8-)
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

momuuu wrote:This thread as a whole is a joke. Nothing happens, crybaby cries and then the PC squad of ESOC led my mr decent Sircallen comes in and starts pointing fingers at each living being present so that they can assure themself of what good and politically correct human beings they are.

En garde, my squad! Arms at thine ready! A few more slain baddies and the Queen(ofdestiny) is sure to anoint us as proper knights of the white order!
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It implies thoughtlessness but in my view it doesn't require it. You can be willfully inconsiderate towards someone's feelings, ie you may have considered them but they didn't influence your decision.
Buzzword? :hmm:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

deleted_user wrote:
momuuu wrote:This thread as a whole is a joke. Nothing happens, crybaby cries and then the PC squad of ESOC led my mr decent Sircallen comes in and starts pointing fingers at each living being present so that they can assure themself of what good and politically correct human beings they are.

En garde, my squad! Arms at thine ready! A few more slain baddies and the Queen(ofdestiny) is sure to anoint us as proper knights of the white order!

Wee oo wee oo wee oo
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

@Goodspeed The last part was referring to Ear's post which I quoted. He responded to my post with that as if labelling me as inconsiderate refutes the points I made—i.e. ad hominem or straw man of sorts. I asked if it was a buzzword because he was using it as if it were. By buzzword I mean words like "racism" that mean nothing (or at least whose meaning is completely disregarded) and whose purpose is to put labels on people to allow for ad hominem or straw man-arguments (e.g. "What you're saying is racism and therefore it is wrong.").
No Flag bigsmoke
Skirmisher
ESO: Yvan_Le_Bon

Post by bigsmoke »

Not going to run away from it, but it was me who looked up your facebook. I didn't share it or any other private information however, I don't want to hurt your feelings at all and I'm sorry if this offended you.
Just want to reiterate that I didn't share any personal information. Just was curious.

Just want to make out as well there was no bad intent, but I apologise if this isn't the case.

I'm not going to debate whether this was inconsiderate or not or doxxing or whatever because your feelings have been hurt, debating stuff won't fix it and its easy to pass the blame.
~~ pecelot rip ~~
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Gendarme wrote:@Goodspeed The last part was referring to Ear's post which I quoted. He responded to my post with that as if labelling me as inconsiderate refutes the points I made—i.e. ad hominem or straw man of sorts. I asked if it was a buzzword because he was using it as if it were. By buzzword I mean words like "racism" that mean nothing (or at least whose meaning is completely disregarded) and whose purpose is to put labels on people to allow for ad hominem or straw man-arguments (e.g. "What you're saying is racism and therefore it is wrong.").

Did you mean something other than how Ear interpreted it? So far you haven't expressed as much.

If you want a bad case of "so-what-you're-saying-ism" check out Jerom's first post in this thread.

By definition, an adjective's definition is a label. Before claiming straw man please make yourself more clear.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

My dear Spanky bunny, I'm really sorry that happened to you. I hope you choose to stay in the community.

Look what I made! :flowers:

@spanky4ever
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

bigsmoke wrote:Not going to run away from it, but it was me who looked up your facebook. I didn't share it or any other private information however, I don't want to hurt your feelings at all and I'm sorry if this offended you.
Just want to reiterate that I didn't share any personal information. Just was curious.

Just want to make out as well there was no bad intent, but I apologise if this isn't the case.

I'm not going to debate whether this was inconsiderate or not or doxxing or whatever because your feelings have been hurt, debating stuff won't fix it and its easy to pass the blame.

ah so you were the one who spanky donated to? what's ur twitch handle?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

lejend wrote:My dear Spanky bunny, I'm really sorry that happened to you. I hope you choose to stay in the community.

@spanky4ever

Please explain to me how this is not patronizing.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Damn. lejend got caught red-handed!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Im really unsure about that @lejend. But thx for caring if I stay or leave
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

:shock:
Gendarme wrote:Damn. lejend got caught red-handed!

Ok, it clearly is. Is it acceptable in your opinion?
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

iwillspankyou wrote:Im really unsure about that @lejend. But thx for caring if I stay or leave

I care a lot. You just need to forget about it, learn from it, and let it make you stronger. The forum would be boring without you! :oops:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

deleted_user wrote:
lejend wrote:My dear Spanky bunny, I'm really sorry that happened to you. I hope you choose to stay in the community.

@spanky4ever

Please explain to me how this is not patronizing, and to the mods as well.

I do not find this offending. Even though lejend are on the opposite pole than myself, on a lot of issues, he still is kind of a nice person imo :shock:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

You need to get offended more 8-)
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

@spanky4ever let me guess... One of them was Xochiquentzin? :O
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

deleted_user wrote:You need to get offended more 8-)

my dude u need to stop caring about people and arguments some times. Like gendy jerom dont even really play the game that often or well hide under smurfs if they do, why do u care what they think. Sometimes u just need to take a step back and let karma do its work, the assholes will pay for it in time!
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

deleted_user wrote:
Gendarme wrote:@deleted_user4 No. Internet-acquaintances are not meaningful to everyone as they are to you. One does not necessarily care more about a person in this community than a complete internet-stranger simply due to having "known" them for more than a year. Sharing the discovered Facebook-account of a random person on the internet is not wrong and certainly does not make one a scumbag.

You love your moral high ground and claim to be caring, but ironically all you do is flame people who do not share your opinions when you're not busy shitposting. You insist on calling this person an asshole and a scumbag, but if there is one person in this community who deserves those names it is you yourself. Try to take a look in the mirror for once.

Oh, there's nothing ironic about it. It's very true I am also an asshole and a scumbag. I never said I wasn't. All I do is be toxic too. But I can still say things so I do.

Internet acquaintances are people. It's good to be considerate of people. We've all grown so impersonal, and I am no better.

Moral high ground? I'm a shitty individual. That's not where I'm coming from.

inb4 Matthew 7:5

if youre aware what a shitty person you are then why dont you change that. Ihavent been posting at all for the past few months and just reading the forum and when your latest pile of shit rained down on the forums i genuinely considered leaving ESOC forever. ESOC is probably dead and all of you posting in this topic have had their fair share contributing to it.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.