disclosing info about your peers in discord

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Re: disclosing info about your peers in discord

Post by Lukas_L99 »

I think we can all agree that we need more SIOUX in tournaments :!:
Germany Lenari
Musketeer
ESO: Lenari

Post by Lenari »

Most of the times reading the forum, I'm asking myself "how could that escalate so quickly?"....
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I think what Jerom really is opposing is how modern society overall has gone bunkers in PC'ness, with America leading the show. Everybody is so busy being nice to each other, often in the hopes of harvesting social (media) points.

It's like you are considered an evil person if you don't shed a tear every time there has been a mudslide in Bangladesh or it hasn't rained for a year in Sudan.

Mothers who breastfeed in in cafe's and restaurants goes on Facebook rages, when told to put their saggy breasts back where they belong. Men are being applauded for dressing as a woman, while men who openly state they are a man are being bashed for having such a conservative outlook. Even worse if you dare to say that you don't mind opening the door for a woman.

After the recent Oscar I heard some nonsense about some people being upset about too few blacks getting an award. I haven't bothered to read about it so I might have gotten it wrong.

Some philosophers (and Satanists) preach that you shouldn't waste your empathy on strangers, but rather use all that energy on people that really matters to you. Maybe they are right... Regardless if they are right or wrong, there is no need to be mean or inconsiderate to strangers, there is no need to tell a fat person that he/she is fat or to tell a gay that you find his sexual preference disgusting. Simply just ignore them.

A few months back I had hell on me for saying that I embraced older values in a relationship, I had hell on me for saying that I never cook, clean, do shopping, wash clothes, etc... Some people even said that I hated women and saw them as slaves. Things got worse when I also said that I liked making money using "cheap" labor.

Why was that not embraced? I mean, I lived my life like I wanted, didn't hurt anybody and followed all rules and regulations. Instead I was basically called a fraud and accused of doing shenanigans and exploiting people!

Yes, I think it is something among those lines Jerom and others are upset about.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Snuden wrote:It's like you are considered an evil person if you don't shed a tear every time there has been a mudslide in Bangladesh or it hasn't rained for a year in Sudan.

Mothers who breastfeed in in cafe's and restaurants goes on Facebook rages, when told to put their saggy breasts back where they belong. Men are being applauded for dressing as a woman, while men who openly state they are a man are being bashed for having such a conservative outlook. Even worse if you dare to say that you don't mind opening the door for a woman.

After the recent Oscar I heard some nonsense about some people being upset about too few blacks getting an award. I haven't bothered to read about it so I might have gotten it wrong.

Some philosophers (and Satanists) preach that you shouldn't waste your empathy on strangers, but rather use all that energy on people that really matters to you. Maybe they are right... Regardless if they are right or wrong, there is no need to be mean or inconsiderate to strangers, there is no need to tell a fat person that he/she is fat or to tell a gay that you find his sexual preference disgusting. Simply just ignore them.

I have zero qualms with any of this sentiment (with what I quoted). As the identified leader of ESOC PC culture, I'm not so sure where this overreaction comes from because I'm not heading its alleged attack. I have opinions about other things. Even in the relationship thread I stated mutual traditional relationships are not a problem, before any sort of argument about it. Then I cited some studies about mutual partner input/benefit. I've become too emotional about things, sure, and I'm sorry for that. I don't think anyone's taken me seriously in those seldom, isolated occasions. But it's seemed to earn me a reputation.

I've been told to look in the mirror twice today on these forums. I will extend the same invitation.
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon
ESO: VooDoo_BoSs

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

Snuden wrote:I think what Jerom really is opposing is how modern society overall has gone bunkers in PC'ness, with America leading the show. Everybody is so busy being nice to each other, often in the hopes of harvesting social (media) points.

I completely agree. In fact, I would describe myself as a classical liberal (right wing in Australia) and am extremely pro free-speech. In fact, one of the main reasons I disagree with legal restrictions on free-speech is because I believe society can and does condemn inappropriate or hateful speech. I call people out when they are rude because I am liberal and believe in free-speech.

It's like you are considered an evil person if you don't shed a tear every time there has been a mudslide in Bangladesh or it hasn't rained for a year in Sudan.

Ok?

You can't even begin to compare the two. Breastfeeding in public - I can understand why some people won't want to see that. I might disagree with that, but I respect people's view on it. Similarly, with racial issues - I don't believe that affirmative action should occur but I understand why many people believe that. Being rude by flaming or violating people's privacy is not a political or social issue, it is basic communication that there is literally only one-side to.

Anybody who genuinely believes that you should live without empathy will not get very far in life. In all honesty, nobody is saying anybody should be going out of their way to help people or get them a job or donate, etc. The central argument on this forum is why are people going out of their way to be inconsiderate by flaming or violating privacy.

A few months back I had hell on me for saying that I embraced older values in a relationship, I had hell on me for saying that I never cook, clean, do shopping, wash clothes, etc... Some people even said that I hated women and saw them as slaves. Things got worse when I also said that I liked making money using "cheap" labor.

I'm genuinely shocked you can live your life without washing your own clothes, more power to you! If you're a grown man / woman and you decide you'd rather spend your time on other things and hire help in that area, that's great. If you, however, are exploiting your mother or wife to get those done, then it's absolutely your right but I don't think it's great for your development or relationships.

Why was that not embraced? I mean, I lived my life like I wanted, didn't hurt anybody and followed all rules and regulations. Instead I was basically called a fraud and accused of doing shenanigans and exploiting people!

Yes, I think it is something among those lines Jerom and others are upset about.

This is not a social or political debate - the discussion is pretty simple here and centres around common decency. If you make a statement or argument in good faith to make a social or political statement, nobody here will judge you for it. If you are rude or violate somebody's privacy or flame needlessly, that falls under the category of basic courtesy and you will be judged.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

I did not blame you, but rather the overall PC movement as a whole.

@deleted_user4
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

@VooDoo_BoSs I didn't say without empathy, but rather focus on people you actually know and care about.

I don't think I exploit my partners by not doing "typical women chores" such as cooking, shopping, etc... I do other things in order to make my household complete.

I would have liked to reply more in-depth, but I have to go out for coffee (I don't even brew that myself) xD
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Snuden wrote:I did not blame you, but rather the overall PC movement as a whole.

@deleted_user4

This is a whole 'nother can of worms, one I'm not too interested in opening. We'd have to define "PC movement" in very detailed terms just to begin and that appears very difficult to do. I have absolutely no opinion on what I perceive to be far left social politics, the rhetoric which is too often touted to be what "PC culture" represents, I'm talking the type of things far right forums pick out from social media to make fun of. It's as absurd as what far left forums pick out from social media to make fun of. I have many conservative friends with whom I've had civil discussions with, who are great people, whom I respect, and I am not necessarily saying something different about you. The impersonal nature of the internet is at it again.

I do take issue with many of the things I read on these forums so I express it. I tend to feel greatly, it exasperates it. I'm working on it. But I'm hardly the barrier and besieger of white men and western culture (I never said you said this -- I feel the need to call out my unintentional straw man because of how frequently it's been called into use, this is for comparative effect only), no one here is. I believe there is a lot of feeling going on on both sides of every issue, and that's volatile for debate, and difficult to remove. It's undoubtedly led to some misunderstanding.

A lot of users here are tired of being labeled into hyperbole... myself, yourself, Jerom, Ear... except Gendarme, he's actually an anti-semitic sexist.
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

Snuden wrote:I don't think I exploit my partners by not doing "typical women chores" such as cooking, shopping, etc... I do other things in order to make my household complete.

Sure, that's between you and your partner. If you're the sole breadwinner and your partner has decided to do all the housework as their contribution, good for you both. On that note though, people are excellent at telling themselves they do nothing wrong - and no exploitative husband genuinely believes he exploits his wife. Doesn't mean its not possible.

Seriously, how do you live your life? Does your gf come behind you and pick up your underwear when you get changed? Do you yell across the house for your gf to make you a snack when you're hungry?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@VooDoo_BoSs thanks for saving me the time of typing out long paragraphs. Frankly I grow tired of trying to argue with someone who doesn’t believe in being considerate to humans with which you regularly commune. I guess we just need to be thankful that people like that were long ago weeded out by evolution and now we just get the random internet memer who thinks it’s edgy and cool to be different.
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

gibson wrote:@VooDoo_BoSs thanks for saving me the time of typing out long paragraphs. Frankly I grow tired of trying to argue with someone who doesn’t believe in being considerate to humans with which you regularly commune. I guess we just need to be thankful that people like that were long ago weeded out by evolution and now we just get the random internet memer who thinks it’s edgy and cool to be different.

Mostly an age thing I suspect. I started playing this game when I was 13 back in 2005, everybody back then was young and edgy.

If you look at the flaming done now, it's almost exclusively the <18 crowd. All the older players are very courteous and polite in my experience.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Also on a serious note, I do think Americans tend to be more pc because it’s a reaction. If you live in Europe, I can see why you’d wonder why we call a lot of the things we call racist racist and sexist sexist etc. it’s because we have many people who are genuinely racist, genuinely sexist,genuinely homophobic and we see it so regularly that we have reacted strongly ( and maybe sometimes over reacted). Like I said, maybe we have over reacted, but I would rather over react to perceived wrong then not react to genuine wrong. I’ve sat by the side and watched someone get bullied to the point where he was strongly considering suicide so if I over react please understand that my intentions at least are in the right place.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Calling community shit and then acting like shit is hypocrisy. Also acting shit because community may or may not be shit and because you simply don't care doesn't help community become a better place. If anything it makes community a worse place. How being inconsiderate, rude, offensive to others willingly is right or a generalized internet trend, so it's fine, even up for a debate?
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

gibson wrote: I’ve sat by the side and watched someone get bullied to the point where he was strongly considering suicide
Everyone's got that fat, speech-impediment-addled, bullied kid in high school who broke and, in a crying hysteria, claimed he should kill himself in the middle of basketball practice. It was then I donned my embroidered fedora and told him, "Hey kiddo, I don't give a shit about your feelings, punk. Stop being a victim." I encouraged the bullies further, to teach the kid a lesson, so as he would not act so vulnerable again. He told us it was illegal for us to bully him. What a ridiculous thing for him to say. I asked him if he knew how many people had just died in a mudslide in Bangladesh. When he blew his head up with his father's shotgun I pretended to cry at the funeral to get into Jessica's pants, reaping my social (media) points 8-)
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

gibson wrote:@VooDoo_BoSs thanks for saving me the time of typing out long paragraphs. Frankly I grow tired of trying to argue with someone who doesn’t believe in being considerate to humans with which you regularly commune. I guess we just need to be thankful that people like that were long ago weeded out by evolution and now we just get the random internet memer who thinks it’s edgy and cool to be different.

OR... Whoever did whatever they have done, might not think they have been inconsiderate at all.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
Snuden wrote:I don't think I exploit my partners by not doing "typical women chores" such as cooking, shopping, etc... I do other things in order to make my household complete.

Sure, that's between you and your partner. If you're the sole breadwinner and your partner has decided to do all the housework as their contribution, good for you both. On that note though, people are excellent at telling themselves they do nothing wrong - and no exploitative husband genuinely believes he exploits his wife. Doesn't mean its not possible.

Seriously, how do you live your life? Does your gf come behind you and pick up your underwear when you get changed? Do you yell across the house for your gf to make you a snack when you're hungry?

I don't work at all, my current gf works 6 days a week from 7 morning to 7 in the evening. I sometimes pick her up from work and we go out for dinner, if not, she will cook for us when she gets to my place. After dinner I catch an Aizamk stream, while she cleans the kitchen. Before we go to bed she usually do the laundry so it's dry the next morning.

Those days where she does not visit me, I either eat out or call for delivery.

In my eyes there is nothing wrong with that at all.

EDIT: For garden and pool maintenance I have hired a company to come twice a week.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Donate me some money for buy new clothes, Neko wants to be pretty. I promise I won't share any personal info.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

Snuden wrote:
VooDoo_BoSs wrote:

I don't work at all, my current gf works 6 days a week from 7 morning to 7 in the evening. I sometimes pick her up from work and we go out for dinner, if not, she will cook for us when she gets to my place. After dinner I catch an Aizamk stream, while she cleans the kitchen. Before we go to bed she usually do the laundry so it's dry the next morning.

Those days where she does not visit me, I either eat out or call for delivery.

In my eyes there is nothing wrong with that at all.

EDIT: For garden and pool maintenance I have hired a company to come twice a week.

Not sure if this is a joke or serious.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

I'm dead serious.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

We are living in a postfactal (i hope that is a word) time. The only thing that matters is if something is funny or not.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

Snuden wrote:I'm dead serious.

Is your gf your mom?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:

Is your gf your mom?

Freud would be proud.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:

Is your gf your mom?

Heh... no.

True story: My ex wife is Japanese and we would go to Japan 2-3 times a year to visit her parents, whenever we went, we would stay with her parents at their place. Her father did seriously not know where to find any of his clothes in the house and have practically never ever sat a foot in the kitchen xD

After dinner we would often sit and watch TV, her father would then grunt and within 2 seconds wifey would fly into the kitchen to get us beers and/or sake.

On my first visit I wanted to make a good impression and started to clean the floor after we had tucked our beds away for the day.
Her mother started to cry in disbelief and her father just had a blank stare in his eyes.

A few days later we went out for dinner and I officially had to ask permission the marry their daughter, after 15 minutes of awkward silence from her father he threw $50 on the table for the women to take a taxi home. The men then went to a hostess bar, where they explained to me that I needed to get a grip of reality and starting to act like a man. I explained that I started to clean out of respect for their hospitality. He accepted that excuse (to save me from loosing face)

He then ordered some Ladies of the night and we sang karaoke and drank all night. ;)
[Sith] - Baphomet
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

Snuden wrote:
VooDoo_BoSs wrote:

Is your gf your mom?

Heh... no.

True story: My ex wife is Japanese and we would go to Japan 2-3 times a year to visit her parents, whenever we went, we would stay with her parents at their place. Her father did seriously not know where to find any of his clothes in the house and have practically never ever sat a foot in the kitchen xD

After dinner we would often sit and watch TV, her father would then grunt and within 2 seconds wifey would fly into the kitchen to get us beers and/or sake.

On my first visit I wanted to make a good impression and started to clean the floor after we had tucked our beds away for the day.
Her mother started to cry in disbelief and her father just had a blank stare in his eyes.

A few days later we went out for dinner and I officially had to ask permission the marry their daughter, after 15 minutes of awkward silence from her father he threw $50 on the table for the women to take a taxi home. The men then went to a hostess bar, where they explained to me that I needed to get a grip of reality and starting to act like a man. I explained that I started to clean out of respect for their hospitality. He accepted that excuse (to save me from loosing face)

He then ordered some Ladies of the night and we sang karaoke and drank all night. ;)

I know you probably think you're "alpha", but you come across as just being a bit of an asshole and that will reflect in the quality of women in your life. I'm not going to ask why you're divorced, but having a woman work all day, then clean up after her unemployed partner does not sound like the recipe for a healthy and constructive relationship.

Best of luck with it.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
Snuden wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Heh... no.

I know you probably think you're "alpha", but you come across as just being a bit of an asshole and that will reflect in the quality of women in your life. I'm not going to ask why you're divorced, but having a woman work all day, then clean up after her unemployed partner does not sound like the recipe for a healthy and constructive relationship.

Best of luck with it.

If she doesn't complain and he doesn't beat her ass every night i don't see any problem.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar