disclosing info about your peers in discord

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: disclosing info about your peers in discord

Post by Goodspeed »

If she doesn't complain and he doesn't beat her ass every night i don't see any problem.
Notice the "ex-"
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

It has nothing to do with being alpha at all. I obviously do other things at home.

Kinda on topic, you are now not only judging me, but also judging my women based on whether I clean the dishes or not.
You are being inconsiderate towards me and my partner.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon
ESO: VooDoo_BoSs

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

NekoBerk wrote:
VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I know you probably think you're "alpha", but you come across as just being a bit of an asshole and that will reflect in the quality of women in your life. I'm not going to ask why you're divorced, but having a woman work all day, then clean up after her unemployed partner does not sound like the recipe for a healthy and constructive relationship.

Best of luck with it.

If she doesn't complain and he doesn't beat her ass every night i don't see any problem.

Let's break it down.

If Snudeh doesn't do ANY house work or "women" tasks, and doesn't have a job, then he is bringing some other value to the relationship that she values.

By definition, if she is working 6 days a week and doing all the housework, then that must be the only value (or most of the value) she is bringing to the relationship - if she was bringing anything more than she would probably get a partner who has a job and contributes around the house. If not, then maybe she has incredibly low self-esteem which is also not conducive to an empowering relationship.

Therefore, the only value he is getting out of the relationship is somebody to clean up after him. In essence, he is trading not doing housework for all the incredibly constructive and positive attributes that many marriages have. My partner, for exampe, has been extremely influential in my personal and professional growth, and I would not trade that for somebody who cleans up after me.

Nobody is saying what you're doing should be illegal or even unethical - I think it's just the sign of somebody who has very unhealthy and unconstructive relationships.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

NekoBerk wrote:
VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I know you probably think you're "alpha", but you come across as just being a bit of an asshole and that will reflect in the quality of women in your life. I'm not going to ask why you're divorced, but having a woman work all day, then clean up after her unemployed partner does not sound like the recipe for a healthy and constructive relationship.

Best of luck with it.

Yeah. She obviously don't complain, if she did we would of course find another way to live together. And of course I don't beat her besides the occasional butt slap.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

Snuden wrote:It has nothing to do with being alpha at all. I obviously do other things at home.

Kinda on topic, you are now not only judging me, but also judging my women based on whether I clean the dishes or not.
You are being inconsiderate towards me and my partner.

Your comments thus far:

- You don't work
- You don't do any work around the house
- Your partner works 6 days a week, 7am to 7pm
- Your partner cleans up after you

I am not being inconsiderate, I am making an observation on the limited information you have said that this relationship doesn't seem healthy and functional. Seriously, if you tally up most low socio-economic households or relationships that end in divorce, they would look like the above. You may be in the small minority that don't fall in to that camp, but it is not an irrational observation to make.Most people would agree with me. I'm happy to change my mind but you haven't given me that much to work with.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
NekoBerk wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Let's break it down.

If Snudeh doesn't do ANY house work or "women" tasks, and doesn't have a job, then he is bringing some other value to the relationship that she values.

By definition, if she is working 6 days a week and doing all the housework, then that must be the only value (or most of the value) she is bringing to the relationship - if she was bringing anything more than she would probably get a partner who has a job and contributes around the house. If not, then maybe she has incredibly low self-esteem which is also not conducive to an empowering relationship.

Therefore, the only value he is getting out of the relationship is somebody to clean up after him. In essence, he is trading not doing housework for all the incredibly constructive and positive attributes that many marriages have. My partner, for exampe, has been extremely influential in my personal and professional growth, and I would not trade that for somebody who cleans up after me.

Nobody is saying what you're doing should be illegal or even unethical - I think it's just the sign of somebody who has very unhealthy and unconstructive relationships.

Well, I am past the stage where I need influence on my professional decisions, a good advice is always welcome though.
Of course I get more out of my relationships then a cleaning lady, if not I would simply have hired such instead.

It's not like we sat down and talked about how things should be done or I have demanded she did all the cleaning, it's just how things are and we are both happy with that. Besides, it's not like she spend hours and hours daily on cleaning, we are talking about a few dishes and 2 cups. While she does those things I might take out the garbage, prepare her a glass of wine or sweep the veranda floor.

Now what if the roles had been opposite, would you congratulate me for being a modern man?
[Sith] - Baphomet
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

Snuden wrote:
VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Let's break it down.

Well, I am past the stage where I need influence on my professional decisions, a good advice is always welcome though.
Of course I get more out of my relationships then a cleaning lady, if not I would simply have hired such instead.

It's not like we sat down and talked about how things should be done or I have demanded she did all the cleaning, it's just how things are and we are both happy with that. Besides, it's not like she spend hours and hours daily on cleaning, we are talking about a few dishes and 2 cups. While she does those things I might take out the garbage, prepare her a glass of wine or sweep the veranda floor.

Aha! So you actually do chores around the house! See, if you led with that (I don't like cooking so I do more yard work), nobody would have blinked an eyelid.

Now what if the roles had been opposite, would you congratulate me for being a modern man?

Nope, there are lots of different categories of housework, don't think some are better than others.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
Snuden wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Aha! So you actually do chores around the house! See, if you led with that (I don't like cooking so I do more yard work), nobody would have blinked an eyelid.

Nope, there are lots of different categories of housework, don't think some are better than others.

I said that I don't do what is traditionally looked at as "womens work" I also said that I obviously does other things.
It was you that said that I was not only unemployed but also had a "non quality" woman most likely with low self esteem.

Another member quickly jumped in pointing out that (obviously) I am divorced because who can live with a man that does not cook or clean the dishes!?
[Sith] - Baphomet
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

Snuden wrote:
VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I said that I don't do what is traditionally looked at as "womens work" I also said that I obviously does other things.
It was you that said that I was not only unemployed but also had a "non quality" woman most likely with low self esteem.

Another member quickly jumped in pointing out that (obviously) I am divorced because who can live with a man that does not cook or clean the dishes!?

Then be more specific - you were very specific about all the things your partner does for you but did not go into any detail about what value you provide. You cannot blame people for making false assumptions if you give one-sided and limited information.

I think we went massively off-topic.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
Snuden wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Then be more specific - you were very specific about all the things your partner does for you but did not go into any detail about what value you provide. You cannot blame people for making false assumptions if you give one-sided and limited information.

Yea, ESOC don't allow pictures of private parts.
And now I want to play AOE.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Snuden wrote:
VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yea, ESOC don't allow pictures of private parts.
And now I want to play AOE.

Thank you for this magnificent burn.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

@Snuden
No, i would blame your wife for being an inconsiderate partner.
In the end you do what suits you, if you and your wife are happy with how things are then it's good, but i think every good relationship is about giving and recieving. I would't define a relationship "healthy" when either giving or recieving is missing.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Just let snuden live like he wants to and live like you want to.. nobody needs to know that you guys think you shouldnt let a woman do the general woman stuff and that you think what snuden is doing is bad. Youre literally being inconsiderate to showcase how correct you are.. basically completely confirming what snuden was saying in the beginning.

Half of the time I swear people just say 'nice' thing so they look good themselves. This thread is a perfect example. Basically nothing happened, spanky hardly even knows what was up but makes a bitchthread instead of just sending a pm. Next thing all the white knights of esoc come in trying to show how nice and correct they are, while knowing even less what is up.

Cant we just have an opinion about stuff. Just think momuuu is an asshole and move on, instead of trying to take any opportunity to assure the community that you are a human being with a perfect moral compass. The ironic part is that people like Callen are just being dicks by trying to showcase their moral compass.

This entire thread has no point and I feel like the normal thing to do is to ignore this blatant cry for attention while handling the matter in private. But thats not the ESOC way unfortunately.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
Snuden wrote:I'm dead serious.

Is your gf your mom?

@Interjection @WickedCossack @Mitoe @Gendarme Sounds familiar?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

@momuuu
This thread basically became Relationships 101 because apparently some people seem to lack this basic knowledge, or at least they want to prove that they ignore it. This is not about PC paladins who want to show off their wonderful morals. This is a discussion where everyone is free to chime in and say their opinion, without necessarily being willing to tell people how to live.
Anyway i don't need other people's approvals for my morals. I already feel good about it myself.
Btw Callen might be over-sensitive at times but your fight against political correctness is no less annoying since you often tend to straw man anyone who speaks about a morally/ethically debatable behaviour.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gamevideo113 wrote:@momuuu
This thread basically became Relationships 101 because apparently some people seem to lack this basic knowledge, or at least they want to prove that they ignore it. This is not about PC paladins who want to show off their wonderful morals. This is a discussion where everyone is free to chime in and say their opinion, without necessarily being willing to tell people how to live.
Anyway i don't need other people's approvals for my morals. I already feel good about it myself.
Btw Callen might be over-sensitive at times but your fight against political correctness is no less annoying since you often tend to straw man anyone who speaks about a morally/ethically debatable behaviour.

If this was relationships 101 then everyone would have just ignored the childish cry for attention from spanky to be honest. Imagine this happening in real life lol, that'd be so fucking ridiculous.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

This is the same as real life, silly Jerom. Makes me wonder why there is a meetup when we can just create a thread and LARP.
Pay more attention to detail.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Snuden wrote:
VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
Snuden wrote:I don't think I exploit my partners by not doing "typical women chores" such as cooking, shopping, etc... I do other things in order to make my household complete.

Sure, that's between you and your partner. If you're the sole breadwinner and your partner has decided to do all the housework as their contribution, good for you both. On that note though, people are excellent at telling themselves they do nothing wrong - and no exploitative husband genuinely believes he exploits his wife. Doesn't mean its not possible.

Seriously, how do you live your life? Does your gf come behind you and pick up your underwear when you get changed? Do you yell across the house for your gf to make you a snack when you're hungry?

I don't work at all, my current gf works 6 days a week from 7 morning to 7 in the evening. I sometimes pick her up from work and we go out for dinner, if not, she will cook for us when she gets to my place. After dinner I catch an Aizamk stream, while she cleans the kitchen. Before we go to bed she usually do the laundry so it's dry the next morning.

Those days where she does not visit me, I either eat out or call for delivery.

In my eyes there is nothing wrong with that at all.

EDIT: For garden and pool maintenance I have hired a company to come twice a week.

this sounds so unlikely that id only believe it if I saw it myself. Or you make a vblog of yourself for 1 week and upload it here. Becuase no woman does that. At least not in a first world country.
I call BS on that.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Sounds pretty normal and healthy to me. What's so incredible about it?
Pay more attention to detail.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Gendarme wrote:Sounds pretty normal and healthy to me. What's so incredible about it?

it actually doesnt. Apparently shes working 6 days a week and makes the household. Thats not even close to a normal, conservative relationship. In those the man would work 5 / 6 days a week while the woman would stay at home and make food, clean the house etc. What snuden described is not a classical, conservative relationship. For someone who always talks about classical conservative hes pretty far from it. Thats why Im pretty sure hes talking out of his ass.

You were probably just baiting but w.e.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

lordraphael wrote:
Snuden wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I don't work at all, my current gf works 6 days a week from 7 morning to 7 in the evening. I sometimes pick her up from work and we go out for dinner, if not, she will cook for us when she gets to my place. After dinner I catch an Aizamk stream, while she cleans the kitchen. Before we go to bed she usually do the laundry so it's dry the next morning.

Those days where she does not visit me, I either eat out or call for delivery.

In my eyes there is nothing wrong with that at all.

EDIT: For garden and pool maintenance I have hired a company to come twice a week.

this sounds so unlikely that id only believe it if I saw it myself. Or you make a vblog of yourself for 1 week and upload it here. Becuase no woman does that. At least not in a first world country.
I call BS on that.

Feel free to call whatever you want. I don't need to prove how I live my life, and certainly not here.
The reason I mentioned how I live my life, is because I was asked.

It seems like you think she does a ton of work but as I previously mentioned we are talking about 2 plates and 2 cups.
I also mentioned that I do other things, it's not like the fireplace ignite by itself, or the garbage disappears from the kitchen by magic. Finally, I also said that whenever I pick her up, we go out for dinner. As for laundry, that's maybe once a week.

I don't know if you have actually tried to be responsible for a house and it's general functions, but let me tell you that there is a whole lot more involved than cooking and doing the dishes. Yes, I have help 2 times a week for 1.5 hours each time, which obviously is not enough, when dealing with garden, balcony's and a swimming pool.

Once you leave school, you will realize this yourself.

Now one could argue that you are not being very considerate towards 3rd world country citizens, almost passively suggesting that they would be the only one accepting "my demands" as they had no other choice. That's not very respectful is it?
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Gendarme wrote:Sounds pretty normal and healthy to me. What's so incredible about it?

There is nothing incredible about it, people seem to think that she comes home after a 12 hour day (with 3 hours break during the day) only to work an additional 3 hours to satisfy my dictatorship.

Reality is that she either roast a chicken or fry a piece of meat, mixed with some salad.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

So now you're calling her lazy
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Goodspeed wrote:So now you're calling her lazy

Only if breakfast is not served in bed on her day off.
[Sith] - Baphomet
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

And then everyone cries that ESOC is dead. But why even take the bait when snuden is obviously trolling with his extremely macho stories? It's just derailing the thread again.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..