disclosing info about your peers in discord

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Re: disclosing info about your peers in discord

Post by tabben »

Snuden wrote:Finally, I also said that whenever I pick her up, we go out for dinner.

So I guess we've arrived at the million dollar question: Who pays for dinner when you go out? Or do you go dutch? ;)
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

This is the type of thread that keeps this place alive actually.
Pay more attention to detail.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

To summarize:

"Doxxing people is wrong and antisocial"
"I have the right to be antisocial"
"Just because you have the right to doesn't mean you should"
"Lol I don't care it's the internet"
"My wife is basically my mother"

Did you guys really need 8 pages for that?
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

tabben wrote:
Snuden wrote:Finally, I also said that whenever I pick her up, we go out for dinner.

So I guess we've arrived at the million dollar question: Who pays for dinner when you go out? Or do you go dutch? ;)

Come on man... I am a man, bot a boy.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Kaiserklein wrote:And then everyone cries that ESOC is dead. But why even take the bait when snuden is obviously trolling with his extremely macho stories? It's just derailing the thread again.

There is no bait to be taken, I am asked a question and I answer.
Macho? I'm an engineer ffs, nothing macho about that. The reason I don't wear a watch is because my arms are too skinny.

What the hell is so wrong with my woman is cooking? I honestly don't get it.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Jam wrote:To summarize:

"Doxxing people is wrong and antisocial"
"I have the right to be antisocial"
"Just because you have the right to doesn't mean you should"
"Lol I don't care it's the internet"
"My wife is basically my mother"
Most people on ESOC are unable to read.

Did you guys really need 8 pages for that?
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Snuden wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:And then everyone cries that ESOC is dead. But why even take the bait when snuden is obviously trolling with his extremely macho stories? It's just derailing the thread again.

Macho? I'm an engineer ffs, nothing macho about that. The reason I don't wear a watch is because my arms are too skinny.

You live your life wrong and you should feel bad. I am telling you this not because I want you to know this but I want the rest to know that I treat women like gods and cook for them!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Snuden wrote:
gibson wrote:@VooDoo_BoSs thanks for saving me the time of typing out long paragraphs. Frankly I grow tired of trying to argue with someone who doesn’t believe in being considerate to humans with which you regularly commune. I guess we just need to be thankful that people like that were long ago weeded out by evolution and now we just get the random internet memer who thinks it’s edgy and cool to be different.

OR... Whoever did whatever they have done, might not think they have been inconsiderate at all.
valid point
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

momuuu wrote:
Snuden wrote:

You live your life wrong and you should feel bad. I am telling you this not because I want you to know this but I want the rest to know that I treat women like gods and cook for them!

Straw manning again... Look i don't even have a gf so there isn't anyone i can treat like a god. Snuden initially presented a situation where he said he doesn't work, he prefers to hire people for whatever reason while his wife instead works 12 hours per day and then comes home to do all the chores for him. Idk if he was trolling or what, since in the following posts he started reiterating and adding details with every post to make the situation look different. Now he is saying he takes care of some of the housekeeping business and i am glad that he does, because the initial situation he described, where he does nothing and lets his wife work 14 hours a day, was quite bad in my honest opinion and i hope you would agree with me on this. Ofc you can live without doing anything and have someone else do all the chores for you but at least don't fucking tell me that it is a perfectly fine way to build a relation. Let's be honest here and cut this "stop telling him how to live" nonsense, no one is doing that.

There is nothing wrong with women cleaning dishes and cooking, there is something wrong if someone just lives as a parasite on someone else's back (and no, i am not saying Snuden is a parasite, as he explained that he does his share of work in his family).
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

momuuu wrote:Half of the time I swear people just say 'nice' thing so they look good themselves.
Frightening world you live in where speaking any opinion about something can be automatically dismissed like this. Or, what is to stop me from saying the same of you? People have convictions and want to share them because it's a part of our identity and this world we live in, the only things we know.
momuuu wrote:This thread is a perfect example. Basically nothing happened, spanky hardly even knows what was up but makes a bitchthread instead of just sending a pm. Next thing all the white knights of esoc come in trying to show how nice and correct they are, while knowing even less what is up.
deleted_user wrote:I guess this is some sort of issue between certain people in this thread. It's impossible to know what really transpired and why it transpired. Well, it's sad to see in any light.
(From the very first page). The discussion quickly became less about a specific scenario, which it became obvious no one had any information on, and more about internet etiquette in general: sharing information with others from a PM, sharing a facebook account disclosed in a PM, and using paypal information from a donor to find a facebook account. I don't see why a conversation can't occur over these topics, and it did. In fact, I only participated in that conversation with about two sentiments:

1)People who share things expressed in PMs are being inconsiderate and impolite.

2)Using a donor's online paper trail from paypal to try to find their personal information is weird and creepy.
momuuu wrote:Cant we just have an opinion about stuff. Just think momuuu is an asshole and move on, instead of trying to take any opportunity to assure the community that you are a human being with a perfect moral compass.
deleted_user wrote:It's very true I am also an asshole and a scumbag. I never said I wasn't. All I do is be toxic too. But I can still say things so I do.

Internet acquaintances are people. It's good to be considerate of people. We've all grown so impersonal, and I am no better.

Moral high ground? I'm a shitty individual. That's not where I'm coming from.

inb4 Matthew 7:5
momuuu wrote:The ironic part is that people like Callen are just being dicks by trying to showcase their moral compass.
I am not some model person, nor do I pretend to be, nor do I want others to think I am, nor is that my aim. I've been damn good at showcasing my personal shortcomings all over the forums. But I want to point out again when I say it's scary to just automatically dismiss an opinion like this, that I can't participate in threads without that happening. I have convictions, opinions, and I want to share them because it is who I am and what I believe! Who was it who first accused who of "thought policing" on ESOC? And you speak of irony...
momuuu wrote:This entire thread has no point and I feel like the normal thing to do is to ignore this blatant cry for attention while handling the matter in private. But thats not the ESOC way unfortunately.
No names were released in the OP. The issue could have very well been handled in private, but as I recall, you were the very first post in this thread and chose to open with a wonderful, public straw man rather than a PM. It is not the burden of any one person involved in the conflict to handle it in a private way when the OP was devoid of names. Besides, if I had an issue with information disclosed in a PM being shared with others why would I want to open another conversation in a PM? Again, I'll say that no one really knows what happened, and no one is even saying anything about you specifically, least of all me, because no one knows what happened. But the discussion became about, "well, what if this happened?" And if "what if this happened" really happened, then you might be able to draw some conclusions.

I don't know what else to say to you. I think you've got it in your head something that isn't really true about myself and my expressing of myself. When you say as much it's difficult for me to take you seriously and so I don't.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@Snuden Do you seriously have a pool? How am I just now hearing about this?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

lol nice trying reasoning with jerom. For a man who has supposedly studied science his capability for critical thinking is quite low.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

fightinfrenchman wrote:@Snuden Do you seriously have a pool? How am I just now hearing about this?
The real question is is it salt water or chlorine.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

gibson wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:@Snuden Do you seriously have a pool? How am I just now hearing about this?
The real question is is it salt water or chlorine.

There are so many questions I have! @Snuden post your pool specs
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Aww. Best friends in the making!
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Yesh I have a sweet little 8x4 meter chlorine pool.
Our previous correspondence have mostly been limited to name calling.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Snuden wrote:

What kind of filter, heater, material (vinyl or concrete), and do you have an automatic cleaner?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Kaiserklein wrote:And then everyone cries that ESOC is dead.
Only fools do. If ESOC were dead, would this thread have 200 replies in 1 day?

And people cry about drama, too. Come on guys, clearly we love it. :chinese:
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Snuden wrote:

What kind of filter, heater, material (vinyl or concrete), and do you have an automatic cleaner?

I can check the filter tomorrow and on Wednesday I can ask the pool dude about specs. It is unfortunately not heated so using it from late November to early-ish May can be a little cold.

I don't know the correct pool jargon so pardon me... The top of the pool is flush with the garden. It is a concrete with a liner(?)

Everything is automatic controlled by a timer. Cleaning of the bottom is done manually.

Depth is from 0.8m - 1.6m
[Sith] - Baphomet
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

gibson wrote:Exactly voodoo......somehow jerom thinks that being considerate of those in your community is being overly pc, which is mind boggling to me. How he has any friends I’ll never know.

exactly........................not even debatable tbh.....................
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

pecelot wrote:
gibson wrote:Exactly voodoo......somehow jerom thinks that being considerate of those in your community is being overly pc, which is mind boggling to me. How he has any friends I’ll never know.

exactly........................not even debatable tbh.....................
yesh
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:lol nice trying reasoning with jerom. For a man who has supposedly studied science his capability for critical thinking is quite low.

It's unfortunate you can't say much but throw insults at someone.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

We should have this conversation over voice chat! It would be very intriguing I think.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

momuuu wrote:
gibson wrote:lol nice trying reasoning with jerom. For a man who has supposedly studied science his capability for critical thinking is quite low.

It's unfortunate you can't say much but throw insults at someone.
dick