What's with all the complaining/locking?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: What's with all the complaining/locking?

Post by Gendarme »

It is important to remember that games are unrated before 2 minutes unless they are quicksearch-games.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Proving there's a problem by becoming it. Gotta respect the approach.
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

Very ez
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

Goodspeed wrote:Proving there's a problem by becoming it. Gotta respect the approach.

It's not a problem to begin with, so there is not creating the problem right?
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

Goodspeed wrote:Proving there's a problem by becoming it. Gotta respect the approach.

It's not a problem to begin with, so there is not creating the problem right?
Ez double post.
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

To clarify: I am not drunk, maybe something else though, I'm seeing funny.
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

How does the double post work?

Edit: I'll stop, but it seems that the EZ thing is an inside joke that gets people in trouble sometimes, and not others. Shows that it's uncontrollable, or a degree of moderation bias.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

PeachTree wrote:Ok thank you I will get on spamming likes and ez. Thanks for permission.

I wish you had discussed this for a little longer before going mad. Spamming posts to prove a point is not going to work out in your favor I am afraid.
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

edeholland wrote:
PeachTree wrote:Ok thank you I will get on spamming likes and ez. Thanks for permission.

I wish you had discussed this for a little longer before going mad. Spamming posts to prove a point is not going to work out in your favor I am afraid.

I apologize for the spam, ez doesn't seem to be a problem at all in moderation (like chocolate). What's the original source of the meme anyways?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

PeachTree wrote:
edeholland wrote:

I apologize for the spam, ez doesn't seem to be a problem at all in moderation (like chocolate).

Goodspeed is saying it's opinion it's not a problem. If you think it is, why would you start spamming it? It's not like Goodspeed is the dictator here.
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

edeholland wrote:
PeachTree wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I apologize for the spam, ez doesn't seem to be a problem at all in moderation (like chocolate).

Goodspeed is saying it's opinion it's not a problem. If you think it is, why would you start spamming it? It's not like Goodspeed is the dictator here.

I saw some evidence of there being censoring/moderation as a result of an 'ez' post. If it isn't a problem the why would that occur?
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

@PeachTree

Yes, we have deleted posts only containing "ez" before.

The way I see it is this:
-When in a serious thread a meme/shitpost/oneliner is made, it can be quite funny. It can serve as the comic relief of the thread.
-When people are deliberately spamming memes/shitposts/oneliners everywhere, or 10 times in the same thread, it can be annoying to read and it's just spam.

This is of course a very sensitive subject. Who is to decide what is funny? What if I don't want memes in my strategy thread? What is wrong with a thread filled with shitposts, as long as it's not annoying? Who decides what is annoying?

Sircalled polled it some days ago. The results are pretty close: 21 for Yes (and Yes, more so) and 30 for No. That makes it even harder. For now the Community Team is moderating those shitposts based on intuition. A meme from time to time can't hurt, but when it's just spam it's time to moderate.

I am also thinking of something like a [serious] tag, where all off-topic posts will be deleted. For the strategy board, I am willing to try out a week-long [serious] discussion, meaning that in all threads all off-topic posts will be deleted. Does this sound like a solution to you, or do you maybe have a better idea? I'm really interested to hear what you think is best.
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

I think the idea of a serious tag seems interesting. Adding a disclaimer before making a post could lend to the authenticity of the tag. For example, in an old halo forum I used to visit, they had 'opt-in' sections or threads for super serious lore discussion.
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

kami_ryu wrote:Like everything, it's about moderation.

I think you linked or found 3 ez posts and had to go back several days to get to them. I don't think that's a problem. Now your last 10 posts have been ez and you've opened a thread about it. Obviously, that's a problem. It's about the volume of meme-posts versus serious posts. You know this, I know this, we all know it.

You're throwing a tantrum that a 10 year old would find shameful. There are way more mature ways to prove your point or discuss a problem. If you want us- rather, me, to take your point of view seriously, then act seriously.

It's annoying and it's also annoying to see the self-fulfilling prophecy that people have in the off topic section. "we can't have political discussions because they suck" and then proceed to resort to personal attacks and flaming when politics or other such topics are discussed. Well, obviously it'll be a problem. You're making it one.

I'd like to re-iterate this: I think that ESOC shouldn't be catering to the belligerent teenager that just found what cussing is. We should be catering to intelligent and mature people, not the lowest common denominator.

You're absolutely right. Thanks for pointing that out. The way I spammed ez was certainly shameful, simply to make a (weak) point with a pathetic example of circular logic. Apologies. Glad @edeholland straightened this out.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Apology accepted. :flowers:

I am willing to try out a tagging system or something like that, but it might be a good idea to poll it first.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I think you linked or found 3 ez posts and had to go back several days to get to them. I don't think that's a problem. Now your last 10 posts have been ez and you've opened a thread about it. Obviously, that's a problem. It's about the volume of meme-posts versus serious posts. You know this, I know this, we all know it.

You're throwing a tantrum that a 10 year old would find shameful. There are way more mature ways to prove your point or discuss a problem. If you want us- rather, me, to take your point of view seriously, then act seriously.

It's annoying and it's also annoying to see the self-fulfilling prophecy that people have in the off topic section. "we can't have political discussions because they suck" and then proceed to resort to personal attacks and flaming when politics or other such topics are discussed. Well, obviously it'll be a problem. You're making it one.

I'd like to re-iterate this: I think that ESOC shouldn't be catering to the belligerent teenager that just found what cussing is. We should be catering to intelligent and mature people, not the lowest common denominator.
It's about moderation and ESOC moderating.
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

zoom wrote:

What's ITT,
Noticed you edited post....
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

In This Thread
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

Ah got it.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

PeachTree wrote:
zoom wrote:

What's ITT,
Noticed you edited post....
Yes. My bad. I decided to make the concession. The whole truth isn't necessarily preferable.
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

What do you mean @zoom ? I acknowledge my temper tantrum. Daylight savings as well as my prescription are making me really irritable.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Jerom doesn’t enjoy reading about pools, so when a pool post is in off topic he’ll try to get the thread locked. It’s not hard to understand his goob viewpoint.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums