Empire's Apart Discussion

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Empire's Apart Discussion

Post by giveuanxiety »

Hey guys Empire's Apart is in closed beta atm but the game is released March 29th. At first glance it looks cartoony and perhaps a shitty game. However it is the first real RTS game since like SC2. The game play is real similar to games like aoe2, aom. It is actually quite fun to play and there are already some real big names playing the game. TheViper and Daut have been streaming the game basically daily for the last week or so. The developers are really great and interact a ton with the community and they watch and chat in the live streams. The developers want the game to make an ESPORTS scene and be a competitive RTS game. There is observer mode and leader boards already with 6 civs. I suggest you guys give it a try, I believe it will be fairly large at launch and there will be some cash tournament arising for sure.
On another note there is no real forum site for the game atm, all they have is discord and steam group. Neither of those really act as a proper forum to discuss strategy and host tournaments and all that good stuff. Perhaps esoc should just make 1 small sub section for EA discussion? Doesn't have to be any real commitment or anything from esoc. We could probably very easily make a small sub forum for it. (very easy and basic one), and just keep it around for like 2 weeks post launch and then decide to either get rid of it or decided to expand it depend on successful it is. What are your thoughts?

Here is a nice commentary for a 1v1 by Moolyftw @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0rUpDRiHKk&t=909s
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Re: Empire's Apart Discussion

Post by gamevideo113 »

Actually EA will have its own forums after release at http://empiresapart.net i think. For now they are still down because the devs are fully concentrated on finishing the polishing of the game before release. Slitherine (the publisher) also has some Empires Apart dedicated forums, but i hope that the main hub will be on the actual Empires Apart website.

Pssst, the name of the game is Empires Apart, not Empire's Apart! :P
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

oh ok ya that may be true.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

The game has released!
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

How does it relate to AOEo? Because it seems pretty much identical.
Image Image Image
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Apparently this game features uncounterable gendarmes @Gendarme
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Didn't check actual gameplay (will watch more videos on yt) but I like the simple graphic both for gameplay and system requirements. Graphic and first glance mechanics appear extremely similar to AOEo but the pace seems slightly slower and units less bumpy and more clicable. Seems like a mashup of various AOE games, (relics/gameplay from aoe2, civs from aoe3) which is basically what MS should have done.
Seems cool. If the concept is really to make it an esport then it has potential.
Is it still in beta or released? F2p or?
Image Image Image
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

It released today and you can get it with a launch discount for 23.79 euros.
This might disappoint you a bit Garja, but for now the game's snappiness is not optimal and system requirements aren't that low.
The team will keep working on the game for the next months though, they care a lot about feedback and they'd like to improve it as much as they can. Considering that the core team of the dev studio consists in 3 developers, they did a really good job in my opinion.
[spoiler=Steam Page]http://store.steampowered.com/app/530630/Empires_Apart/[/spoiler]
The focus of the game is multiplayer and some good RTS players have already started playing it.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

ahah ye my system can't handle it. Might eventually consider it if I buy new PC.
Image Image Image
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Apparently this game features uncounterable gendarmes @Gendarme
Idk what this is but sign me up!
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

It's great that the devs care about feedback and all, but they release an unfinished game and act like it's done. It's straight-up misleading.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

edeholland wrote:It's great that the devs care about feedback and all, but they release an unfinished game and act like it's done. It's straight-up misleading.

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to here?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Well, I checked out the game, but it looks really unfinished. The devs do promise they will fix the bugs and expand the gameplay, but my opinion is that you shouldn't try to sell an unfinished game while acting like it's already done and has all the features.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

There are many problems, like FPS go down from 100+ to 10- for no raisons, lag connexion, and they just need to fix things, like the minimap, add new maps ...
I checked dev's post, and they know the problems and they already are working on it
But in general, the game has a good potential and I personally like it
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

I bought it yesterday and this game has a really huge potential to be a great rts.
We feel a mixt between all aoe games, mainly aoe2 for his mechanics, aoeo for his graphics, aoe3 for civ (aztec, fr, chinese, ottoman ?, and mongols looks like sioux ), some units (flamethrowers op!) ,their sounds, and there is even some sc2 aspects, (for the stats at the end of the game and display apm to enjoy when you see you had been rekt by a 50apm player) and the speed of the game : its not play in fast mode but you don't need to walk 1hour or wait 10-15min to up age2 like in aoe2, fights can begin at 3-4min of game.
Also, there is much difference between civ than on aoe2, less than aoe3, i would have love more differences but it still good.
Bad aspect is that atm, game lacks a lot of things in game (no chat, leaderboard is outside of the game :O ? etc...) and civ seems not very well balanced but the game probably will have a lot of updates (developpers are often talking with viewers/player to have feedbacks in twitch chat).
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

Hmm I have heard some people say they have some fps issues, but most ok. I never experienced any issues there. It really requires a somewhat higher pc? I wouldn't say the game is released unfinished. There are 6 civs, 1v1 to 4v4. and other stuff. not to mention its normal now a days to release pc games and continue making them post release. The community is shaping up to be pretty nice, there are some really great rts players that have been playing and streaming already. TheViper, Tatoh, Mista, Zerton, Carnage, striker, adne, Ironsteel, GUA, and some others. It's pretty fun, that are definitely some things I hope they improve tho. But ya I would like to see you guys give it a try. If any of you get the game message me and we can play some 1v1's or team games together and represent that ESO community for EA.

No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

kami_ryu wrote:what's the playerbase like? if it's active and it's easy to find games that's a huge plus

http://steamcharts.com/app/530630
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Today i've played two games and it took me both times less than 30 seconds to find people in quicksearch (one of those games was vs Tit btw). So the game is reasonably active for now, and there are a lot of good RTS players on it as GuA is saying.
The thing about the game's completeness really depends on what you expect of it. The focus of the devs was competitive MP so if you are mainly a SP player you might find it lackluster, as there is only roughly 1 hour of challenges and the rest is skirmish/survival. There are also some performance issues with it and optimization is not the best, i have to admit it. But many people make it look like it's a lot worse than what it actually is.
I've been following developement for 3 years though and i can assure you that the devs are not liars and they don't want to leave their costumers with an uncomplete game. They have had like 20 hours of sleep in the last week just to fix as much as they can asap. They have poured their soul into the game and they will keep doing so until they can. Ignore any review who says the devs don't care about the game and that they just want to sell an incomplete product. I cannot deny that there are issues but i'm really hopeful, and i won't give up on the game even if it has issues now. The game is a breath of fresh air and i'd play it daily if my PC wasn't a terrible toaster.

On the gameplay, if you think it's just an AoE2 clone you couldn't be more mistaken. There is really a lot more to it than just that. Arguably even just the fact that it's a new game makes it interesting because the meta still needs to be figured out and you can try unoptimal builds pretty comfortably.
On balance, obviously the crowds like to scream "that's OP", but it's really never that simple. Now everyone is saying that the french charge is OP but in the game i played vs Tit i actually was able to find a way to counter it in that specific circumstance. The balance is not really terrible. Obviously there will be changes in the future because it is impossible to get it right the first time.

If you like RTSs you should just give it a shot. It costs like 23 euros and if you find it terrible you can just refund before 2 hours (the game will surely improve though, you need to remember that).

EDIT: Wtf?! Why every time i write "de vs", the word "dev(eloper)s" gets replaced with "script kiddies"? :ohmy: :hmm:
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

kami_ryu wrote:14 players? wait, humor me. is the game released?

Those charts aren't accurate for small games.
Also, the average keeps into consideration stats from the last 30 days but the game released 2 days ago. It's really not a fair average.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

kami_ryu wrote:14 players? wait, humor me. is the game released?

I see 200 and rising. If you're looking at "average", well, don't. The game has released just a day ago so it has obviously like zero players average in the past month - it wasn't playable during almost the entirety of that time...
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

As eagle says you're looking at the wrong figure kami.