#ModTheEar

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Re: #ModTheEar

Post by Ashvin »

I just can't let an ear moderating the forums, I need a fully grown human.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Ashvin wrote:I just can't let an ear moderating the forums, I need a fully grown human.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

@hlueng let's publicise the list and include a poll! Esoc should be a democratic place!
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

Ashvin wrote:I just can't let an ear moderating the forums, I need a fully grown human.

Thats discrimination at it's best. The ear deserves a spot were it belongs at the head of esoc.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@hleung That's the thing, you keep describing it as a sacrifice and how difficult it is. I would do it gladly and enjoy the entire process! I'm also used to dealing with undeserved hostility so that wouldn't be an issue for me
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

dietschlander wrote:@hlueng let's publicise the list and include a poll! Esoc should be a democratic place!

Why should it be democratic?
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Ashvin wrote:
dietschlander wrote:@hlueng let's publicise the list and include a poll! Esoc should be a democratic place!

Why should it be democratic?

commies are suckt thats why
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

deleted_user wrote:Hleung is tired! He needs another moderator to share the burden!

"With many hands the load becomes light."

"With many hands the load becomes light." That's a good one!
I will use it next time the delivery guy struggle with my beers.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Why should esoc be a democratic place?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Light beers are boring.
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

fightinfrenchman wrote:@hleung That's the thing, you keep describing it as a sacrifice and how difficult it is. I would do it gladly and enjoy the entire process! I'm also used to dealing with undeserved hostility so that wouldn't be an issue for me

If you wanted to be mod you shouldnt have spend 90% of your post trolling the only forum for an otherwise dead game.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Gendarme wrote:Light beers are boring.

To add to that, people who dislike dark beers are boring
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

momuuu wrote:

Why not? It runs on donations...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

InsectPoison wrote:
momuuu wrote:

The idea of donating is that you don't actually influence the course of the cause you're donating to? Donating means you simply gift someone or some institute money. Like, if you give a homeless person money, you don't get to decide how he lives his life. This site is owned by Mitoe (or is it el dictator nowadays?), not by the people that donated.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

If Ear doesn't become moderator then justice is a construct and the very fiber of society has been compromised.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Gendarme wrote:Light beers are boring.
That depends on the beer. There is a lot of variety in light beers, too. I think what you meant to say is pilsner is boring.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I just wanted to say something funny with an intentional misinterpretation of Snuden's post.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I went to a local brewery and got their pilsner because I like pilsners and some wasted home-brewer drinking a 17% nitro stout like bitched me out and made fun of me for it like c'mon.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

If you're interested I can convince @MCJim to grant you an internship in the media team.

You'll never want to be in the staff again.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

InsectPoison wrote:
momuuu wrote:

That's where you are wrong.
First of all, *what jerom said*
Second, each and every dime of donation goes to the prize pool. Forum is paid by the pocket of a staff member.
Also you don't pay to exercise your control over esoc but you donate because you liked the content produced by esoc which includes recs, streams, vids, patch, maps and forum ofc.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

InsectPoison wrote:Why not? It runs on donations...

Please just read what Ashvin and Jerom said. I trust that none of us will have to address the matter further.
fightinfrenchman wrote:@hleung That's the thing, you keep describing it as a sacrifice and how difficult it is. I would do it gladly and enjoy the entire process! I'm also used to dealing with undeserved hostility so that wouldn't be an issue for me

Please do not just pull part of what I said out of the context. We dedicate a part of our time to ESOC forum, but that includes sacrificing some of our free time and potentially relations with others (keep in mind that we are all volunteers) into dealing with drama like the one that is currently taking place. I will not hide the fact that it is difficult, because it is; but since we want ESOC to be an even better place, we work behind the scenes quietly, no matter how complicated and heated things can get.

Also, most part of "undeserved" hostility directed towards you has been related to your own behaviour. Like Jerom said, you have been trolling/baiting on the forum; and ironically, at least half of your reports are about some others, who you disagree with, baiting/trolling you in return. Lately, you are also pushing the bottom line of the community team. Please keep in mind that some of us lifted your ban to give you another chance, not to let your ego expand. Being a moderator means being responsible for our behaviour in the past, present and the future - I trust that you have your mature side, but it seems to me, with your recent behaviour, that you are not ready for the job, even if you would do it gladly and enjoy the entire process.

Still, we will consider your application as part of our selection process, but please do not keep your hopes high. I hope further explanation from me is not required.

hleung
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@hleung This isn't drama
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Let’s get him modded already so he can shut down the damn trolls.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

@hleung mighty thanks for all ur services man. Moderating is truly a thankless job and man I really hate it especially when people try to target our long time stand in volunteer mods with their bullshit.

And boy this mod the ear meme is getting old get over it already it's been like years now
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

rsy wrote:@hleung mighty thanks for all ur services man. Moderating is truly a thankless job and man I really hate it especially when people try to target our long time stand in volunteer mods with their bullshit.

And boy this mod the ear meme is getting old get over it already it's been like years now

I agree, they should really just mod me so I can stop doing this