Off Topic PSA

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Off Topic PSA

Post by Papist »

Hi all.

There’s been some questionable posting in Off Topic lately and on behalf of the Community Team, I want to take some time to respond to it.

First of all, thank you to everyone who tries to create quality threads and posts. Forums like ESOC would not be able to survive without you, and everyone who enjoys posting here owes their positive experience to you.

However, there are some people who seem to make it their mission to derail anything constructive that happens on these forums. I get that a lot of this is done either for comedic value or to protest policies people think are overly harsh, but I can tell you from personal experience that logging on and seeing things like this every day is very demoralizing. There’s enough for us to do without having to deal with people who are deliberately trying to make moderating harder.

I know that I speak for the whole Community Team when I say that I don’t lock threads or warn/ban users for the fun of it. I do it because I want these forums to thrive and I don’t think they can if people have to wade through 20 spam threads to access the actual content.

My ask is that if people are trolling in off topic, don’t engage them. Just report the post and let us lock the thread/deal with the troll. More importantly, don’t pile on when we call someone out for trolling. There is nothing more frustrating than being attacked by the very people you are trying to keep the forums clean for.

The purpose of the Community Team is to make ESOC, the last real AoE3 community, a sustainable forum where people who love the game can have meaningful conversations and weed out people who make it their mission to undermine that. But we can only do that if users agree that this should be a place for constructive content, rather than an “anything goes” spam hub.

As always, the Community Team and ESOC staff appreciate your support, and thank you for your consideration.

Thanks,
Papist

P.S. Any grievances you have about moderation should be directed to the Small Claims Court. We want to be consistent and fair, and your feedback is critical to making that happen.