Re: Coming Out

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: Sexuality

Post by spanky4ever »

momuuu wrote:But you will hold what a lion feels against him?

lol, how can you put those 1 + 1 together? why do you persist on trolling? Does this subject make you feel uncomfortable? Or are you just on "my tale" sniffing :biggrin:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Gendarme wrote:That is actually what he has been doing since his 12000th post. He's getting quite good I think.

hmm,. Im not laughing :sad: guess I dont share your kind of humour :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

You probably just didn't get the joke. It was a mockery of the neoliberal feminist delusion of gender subjectivity. Not a great joke by any means, but ya gotta make do with what ya got.
Pay more attention to detail.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Gendarme wrote:You probably just didn't get the joke. It was a mockery of the neoliberal feminist delusion of gender subjectivity. Not a great joke by any means, but ya gotta make do with what ya got.

hmm, if you think a joke is just a joke, and serious issues is just serious issues??
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

phpBB [video]
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

lordraphael wrote:
phpBB [video]

yo, this guy is looking joocy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5uQR9Ip5eA

fuark1
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@lordraphael sorry I am so slow, I had a real hard time to figure out what your point in sharing this vid was? was it a flame, or sarcasm, or support? I confused at this point ;) Help me to be figure this one out please :huh:
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

I'm not gay, although a lot of people seem to think that I am or have accused me of being gay including my boyfriend.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

:P funnu guy @Jam
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

Being gay is just gay af.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

from which century is lejend coming?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag bigsmoke
Skirmisher
ESO: Yvan_Le_Bon

Post by bigsmoke »

I don't really feel any government or organisation or other people - whatever, should have a say in someones sexual orientation. Its nice to talk about it and all and get insight into this whole LGBTQI+ thing (I don't really understand it and probably never will) but really people will be people and its their business who they like to love.
~~ pecelot rip ~~
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Damm this thread brought me into weird youtube videos... Transgender...
But honestly as long everyone is happy! Why not
shit juice :hmm:
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

The plain truth is - other than stated above - that homosexuality is not a (conscious or unconscious) choice, but a normal expression of sexuality. It is natural. The most common explanations for homosexuality are either genetic factors and/or environmental influences in early childhood. And whatever the exact reasons may be, there is not much the individual can do once the sexual orientation is set. No studies have ever shown that efforts to change the sexual orientation work. The few people who claim so are mostly religiously motivated and to be honest, the classic Christian viewpoint is comparable to the Flat Earth Movement.

Even the classic dichotomy of homo- and heterosexuals is simplistic as fuck (!). To varying degrees everybody is somewhere between these to poles. There a less people considering themselves gay than you have people having had gay experiences.
No Flag bigsmoke
Skirmisher
ESO: Yvan_Le_Bon

Post by bigsmoke »

I think it can get pretty weird and maybe some people put a spin on it for the media, but many of my friends are part of the LGBTQI community and I respect that and I hope in time I can learn to understand it more because they are my friends and their happiness matters to me.
~~ pecelot rip ~~
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

I do find 'legend' entertaining. But if SirCallen has a problem with him, I guess I do aswell. I will support Callen's campaign 100%, and if that means potentially banning 'legend', so be it.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Lejend is carrying off-topic at the moment. Without him this place would be an echo chamber.
Pay more attention to detail.
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

An echo-chamber of truth? You can mourn all you want about the fact that you feel your political and social views are isolated in this. Of course you may state your opinion. But freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Here we are talking about something completely different, whether your sexuality is a matter of choice or not is a fact. Overwhelming evidence points to sexual preference being determined at a very young age. Genetic factors do play a major role, environmental factors as well, the exact weight is disputed. But saying it’s just a choice and it leads to problems is not an opinion but plainly wrong. Especially when oppressing sexual preferences is the only thing leading to misery. Pointing that out has nothing to do with restricting freedom of speech.

Lejend: I really don’t know why you put so much effort in interpreting my comments to your liking. That more people have had homosexual experiences than people considering themselves gay does only show one thing: sexuality and desires are more complex than gay / not gay. And your sexual orientation is not determined by choice, but genetics and environment.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

@lejend what makes a sexual act "wrong" to you? how is it damaging to society? why, exactly, is it wrong?

i'll say the link you provided at the beginning of the thread does pose one important fact in that the anus is not biologically suited for sex and for that reason does have some increased risk of injury for those who choose to engage in anal sex. but what that primarily means to me is that an understanding of safe sex practices, including good communication between partners and an intentional knowledge of ergonomics of the sex, becomes much more important to the benefit of society re: long-term physical health.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

lejend wrote:So far only Cometk and Xeelee have bothered to try to discuss this seriously. The absolute state of ESOC...

Why would people bother discussing anything seriously with you? :hmm:
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

@lejend we do not agree at all. You say there is no straight and gay, only right and wrong sexual acts.

I say there is more than just gay and straight, but a lot of variations in between. And I really don't know what science you are talking about. The only hard evidence there is, points to sexual orientation being rooted in genetics and (early) environmental factors. And I am not talking about rocket science here, this is comment sense from which you are far off.

Wikipedia, sexual orientation, causes :
Though researchers generally believe that sexual orientation is not determined by any one factor but by a combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences,[12][14][15] with biological factors involving a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment,[14][16] they favor biological models for the cause.[12] They believe that sexual orientation is not a choice,[12][13][14] and some of them believe that it is established at conception.[54] That is, individuals do not choose to be homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, or asexual. Current scientific investigation usually seeks to find biological explanations for the adoption of a particular sexual orientation.[12] Scientific studies have found a number of statistical biological differences between gay people and heterosexuals, which may result from the same underlying cause as sexual orientation itself.

And sorry @lejend I do trust Wikipedia (+ my biology courses + friends studying medicine) more than you
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

By "science" Lejend is referring to some books written by a guy named Moses.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Great Britain _NT_sven
Dragoon
Donator 06
Clan: NTDE

Post by _NT_sven »

Lejend, you may have to pay more effort when engaging in such kind of discussion.

Arguing against homosexuality needs the backup of certain moral systems. This is unavoidable. For the baseline of liberalism is non-harm principle. It could be really hard to persuade most people that homosexuality is intrinsically something harmful. Harmful - yet based on what? Certainly bodily damage is not. If you are referring to a spiritual harm, then again you need some worldview to support you, which might not be accepted by others.

-Further, you argued by statistics. That could establish the case in a public policy, but perhaps not so in a moral issue. As long as there are "genuine loving relationships" in gay people, statistics has nothing to do with them.

On the other hand, the argument that homosexuality is alright just because it's inborn doesn't seem to be logical. You need to show "everything which is inborn is good". But the disposition to do bad things could not simply explained by acquired free choices, for surely at least there is the potentiality of doing bad things in human beings. You do not legitimize it simply because it is inborn.

I am not assuming that homosexuality is bad, but being inborn does not legitimize it as morally good. Besides, I think mostly "conservative" people do not condemn people simply for this inborn fact, but rather how they apply their choice regarding this sexuality. These two things need to be distinguished.

Also consider another challenge offered by kind of movie like "call me by your name". Your opponents may argue that erotic love does not have to be specified towards any gender - One "happens" to be the same gender as you are and you "happen" to love him/her, it's just that simple. To refute this argument you need to show how a constant boundary between different sex or genders must be maintained. This is not easy to do either.

Actually, I am on your side and I don't mind being called homophobia. People will label me for my opinion, anyway. I just find that the way you start this argument is not going to generate anything positive. The controversy about homosexuality depends on deeper moral and sexual systems, and even philosophical presuppositions such as liberalism, or moral relativism, and so on. I would advise against starting such a talk here. Look forward to your further formulations, though.
Plum blossoms fall below the steps like whirling snow;
They cover me still though brushed off a while ago.

-Tune: "Pure Serene Music", Li Yu (937-978 AD), the Last Lord of Southern Tang Dynasty