FBI discovers that Russian hackers are behind every bad thing that has ever happened

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

FBI discovers that Russian hackers are behind every bad thing that has ever happened

Post by Laurence Drake »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... sis-report

US intelligence officials believe Russian hackers planted a false news story that prompted Saudi Arabia and several allies to sever relations with Qatar, according to CNN.

FBI experts visited Qatar in late May to analyse an alleged cyber breach that saw the hackers place the fake story with Qatarā€™s state news agency, the US broadcaster said.

Saudi Arabia then cited the false report as part of its reason for instituting a diplomatic and economic blockade of Qatar, the report said. The blockade was joined by several other Gulf states and has spiralled into the worst diplomatic crisis for the region in decades.

smh
Top quality poster.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Re: FBI discovers that Russian hackers are behind everything bad that has ever happened

Post by lejend »

Because Russia never hacks anything ever.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: FBI discovers that Russian hackers are behind everything bad that has ever happened

Post by pecelot »

It's a football rivalry, Russia just wants to host the best Mundial ever and is afraid Qatar can dethrone them 4 years later! :maniac:
Jaeger

Re: FBI discovers that Russian hackers are behind every bad thing that has ever happened

Post by Laurence Drake »

By 2022 they'll have collected enough bones from the bodies of dead labourers to build the stadiums out of them.
Top quality poster.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: FBI discovers that Russian hackers are behind every bad thing that has ever happened

Post by deleted_user »

Bones seem like they'd be a terrible building material
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

no it's darth sidious
No Flag wolfAOE3
Crossbow

Post by wolfAOE3 »

Imma add "Russian Hacker" to my resume to impress an employer who will play me $2,000,000 dollars in cash.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

wolfAOE3 wrote:Imma add "Russian Hacker" to my resume to impress an employer who will play me $2,000,000 dollars in cash.

you should apply for a job at the goldmen sachs im sure they would hire you
Top quality poster.
No Flag wolfAOE3
Crossbow

Post by wolfAOE3 »

Laurence Drake wrote:
wolfAOE3 wrote:Imma add "Russian Hacker" to my resume to impress an employer who will play me $2,000,000 dollars in cash.

you should apply for a job at the goldmen sachs im sure they would hire you

The crooks on wall street would hire a devil worshipping Russian hacker if it would make them another dollar. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world ... ata-breach
No Flag wolfAOE3
Crossbow

Post by wolfAOE3 »

@Jam
How social media can bring down the idiot rich criminals so easily. I see the media is really trying to make a link of hackers to Russia. Is there any evidence these crimes were sanctioned by the Russian government?
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

In France all medias also said that russian hackers were responsible of emmanuel macron leaks for the french election.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

"ah yeh qatar and us, that was like totally cool n stuff, we liked funding terrorists, drinking tea, eating roasted camel balls and doing other fun wahhabism things together, but since some nerdy russian hacker changed a bunch of 1s to 0s, that bromance is over dude..." -dat saudi king

"yeah we were all like voting for some decent president using our brains and things, but then we got hacked and *pow* there was trump" -every american voter ever

but then...

No Flag wolfAOE3
Crossbow

Post by wolfAOE3 »

"Russian Hackers" wasn't even a thing until Trump won the election. Does anyone really think Russia is really trying to influence elections? If so how would it benefit them? Leaders change but the core polices never change.
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

wolfAOE3 wrote:"Russian Hackers" wasn't even a thing until Trump won the election. Does anyone really think Russia is really trying to influence elections? If so how would it benefit them? Leaders change but the core polices never change.

"Russian Hackers" has been a "thing" since the very beginning. Russia has hackers, China has hackers, USA has hackers. Everyone has hackers vying for power, influence, intelligence etc. Russia DID influence the US election. Russia HAS compromised our electoral process. Leaders have profound impact on every fucking aspect of how a country is run. Core policies do change. I can't take you seriously at all.
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
No Flag wolfAOE3
Crossbow

Post by wolfAOE3 »

sc wrote:
wolfAOE3 wrote:"Russian Hackers" wasn't even a thing until Trump won the election. Does anyone really think Russia is really trying to influence elections? If so how would it benefit them? Leaders change but the core polices never change.

Have you been living under a fucking rock?

"Russian Hackers" has been a "thing" since the very beginning. Russia has hackers, China has hackers, USA has hackers. Everyone has hackers vying for power, influence, intelligence etc. Russia DID influence the US election. Russia HAS compromised our electoral process. Leaders have profound impact on every fucking aspect of how a country is run. Core policies do change. I can't take you seriously at all.

I didn't mean to say it didn't exist at all. What I meant to say is that wasn't such a controversy and talked about in the media every single day since Trump won the election. It appears that the democrats and Hillary are all pointing fingers and blaming everyone else but themselves for the loss. There is a reason hillary lost and it wasn't because of the Russian hacker... how can you take that seriously?

I disagree that presidents have that much influence. Remember when Obama promised to shut down Guantanamo Bay? It never happened during his 8 years and that's one of his initial promises to give people a fair trial on US soil.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

The (former) head of one of the world's greatest intelligence agencies seems to think so.

"BURR: Do you have any doubt that Russia attempted to interfere in the 2016 elections?

COMEY: None."
No Flag wolfAOE3
Crossbow

Post by wolfAOE3 »

Full interview of Putin with Megyn Kelly asking tough questions regarding this issue.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIH1DAE-bgY[/youtube]
No Flag wolfAOE3
Crossbow

Post by wolfAOE3 »

Just don't take what the media says at face value even if it's convenient for your political agenda. How about giving the other side of the coin a chance?
Dragoon

Post by sc »

wolfAOE3 wrote:Just don't take what the media says at face value even if it's convenient for your political agenda. How about giving the other side of the coin a chance?

I don't watch the media.
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Levin, a postdoctoral fellow at the Institute for Politics and Strategy at Carnegie-Mellon University, found that the U.S. attempted to influence the elections of foreign countries as many as 81 times between 1946 and 2000.
https://www.google.no/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... L7yooC7Z2w

Ex FBI director Comey also said in his statement, that it did not manipulate any votes, - How does this come even anynear close to USA meddling all over the world.????
Im stunned by the double morality of USA.

Btw, there are lots and lots of sources on this - just go for a quick search online. Its no secret I guess, except for the USA ppl
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm not surprised that everyone everywhere is trying to influence elections. I merely said that there is evidence Russia attempted to do so in 2016. I was replying to the one bit of wolfAOE's post and really didn't say or imply anything else.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

What is really scary with this hacking story, is that its almost all corporate media are covering in USA right now. Meanwhile Trump administrations are fast tracking disastrous health care deal. There are literary no media cover on the budget they are trying to push trough, giving astronomical tax breaks to the wealthy, on the backs of poor ppl.
This is the real scandal here, if you ask me!
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Dragoon

Post by sc »

wolfAOE3 wrote:
sc wrote:

Have you been living under a fucking rock?

I didn't mean to say it didn't exist at all. What I meant to say is that wasn't such a controversy and talked about in the media every single day since Trump won the election. It appears that the democrats and Hillary are all pointing fingers and blaming everyone else but themselves for the loss. There is a reason hillary lost and it wasn't because of the Russian hacker... how can you take that seriously?

I disagree that presidents have that much influence. Remember when Obama promised to shut down Guantanamo Bay? It never happened during his 8 years and that's one of his initial promises to give people a fair trial on US soil.

Big media is pretty toxic. You gotta ignore the propaganda and manipulation tactics and focus on the issues. You may become nauseous when Russian Hackers is mentioned in the news, because it brings with it connotations of Rep VS Dem, and all the bullshit arguments the media has been spilling. Ignore the clickbait and BS vitriol the media is spewing and focus on the issue. The US Intelligence Committee has unanimously agreed that Russia DID in fact interfere with the election. Russia hacking has ALWAYS been a thing, but in recent years they have significantly stepped up their game to undermine our democracy, and quite frankly, force us into the position we are currently in. This is not Rep vs Dem BS. This is fact. This happened. If you can't trust our entire IC, give up now and tune out from all politics until the revolution because otherwise we are all fucked from here.

Hillary lost for many reasons. Dumbing it down is pointless. I'm certainly not arguing that Hillary lost because of Russia. Maybe that's an argument being made by the media you're following. Doesn't change the fact that Russia played a part.

Presidents are the most influential people in US. Really not worth arguing. It's fact. Their power isn't absolute, but they have the most clout. Just because they aren't able to always get their way, doesn't change that.