R.I.P Chester from Linkin' Park 1976-2017

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

R.I.P Chester from Linkin' Park 1976-2017

Post by NekoBerk »

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: R.I.P Chester from Linkin' Park 1976-2017

Post by EAGLEMUT »

FUCK. No. I don't want to believe :(((((

Edit now that I've calmed a bit:
Quite possibly my favorite band. I remember I got Meteora & Hybrid Theory as a gift back in like 2003 when I was a kid, it was the first and only music CD I ever got and I loved it.
I listen to all of their stuff to this day, just yesterday I went through basically half the albums. I wish I could've seen them live, of course I totally fuckin' missed out as they were in Czech Rep just last month.. insane. :sad:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeah, he left 6 kids and a wife behind.

Why would you have kids if you know you're so troubled that you might off yourself at some point.

Just..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Dolan wrote:Yeah, he left 6 kids and a wife behind.

Why would you have kids if you know you're so troubled that you might off yourself at some point.

Just..

Just.. stop.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Damn why always artists suicide.
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer
ESO: ProjectW

Post by ProjectW »

Dolan wrote:Yeah, he left 6 kids and a wife behind.

Just..

Agree, seems like an incredibly selfish and narrow minded person.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Don't pretend to know what goes on in the mind of a suicidal person. You can avoid looking like a jackass that way.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Wasn't a huge fan but still kinda shocked :/
Saw them live 1 month ago in Paris too
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

wow, people judging someone else's life without even having a clue about it.
rip bennington :cry:
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

RIP Chester :ccc great vocalist, musician, performer
De Funk
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

dicktator_ wrote:Don't pretend to know what goes on in the mind of a suicidal person. You can avoid looking like a jackass that way.

Whatever goes on it's treatable. And he wasn't some poor bum, he had money, he had a big family, he had access to therapy and social support.

I'm sick and tired of this lame attitude of forgiving dead people everything, just because they committed suicide. They're no heroes, they are losers.

I wonder what was going on in his thoughts when he offed himself: I have 6 kids, but I don't give a shit, my problems are more important.

It sickens me to see people who have kids and cannot handle the responsibility. And by killing themselves, they destroy the lives of others too. Can't have sympathy for someone who does this.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

One of my favorite artists since i was 10. I have 137 linkin park song son my pc. Never even got to see him live. Poor guy, never thought he was that troubled.
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

Dolan wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:Don't pretend to know what goes on in the mind of a suicidal person. You can avoid looking like a jackass that way.

Whatever goes on it's treatable. And he wasn't some poor bum, he had money, he had a big family, he had access to therapy and social support.

I'm sick and tired of this lame attitude of forgiving dead people everything, just because they committed suicide. They're no heroes, they are losers.

I wonder what was going on in his thoughts when he offed himself: I have 6 kids, but I don't give a shit, my problems are more important.

It sickens me to see people who have kids and cannot handle the responsibility. And by killing themselves, they destroy the lives of others too. Can't have sympathy for someone who does this.

FYI, today was one of his close friends birthday, whom had committed suicide 3 months ago.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yes, I know, Chris Cornell. Who most likely died because he took two pills of lorazepam, anxiety medication, instead of one. Could have been accidental or just a miscalculation on his part. Still, if you are a parent, you should take your responsibility more seriously than that. Six kids, man.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Dolan wrote:

I think you're missing a key point of depression (or mental illness in general) which is that you are not in an appropriate mental place to be making life changing decisions and you can make mistakes which you wouldn't do in another state of mind.

You are asking him to do something he can't.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Having depression doesn't make someone unable to make rational decisions at any point in life. This wasn't new to him, most likely. If he took drugs and had had alcohol problems all his life, it looks like he had a lot of time on his hands to get help. It's impossible that his family didn't know anything about this.

You can't absolve him of any responsibility, both of having kids, when he knew he was troubled, and then killing himself, when he knew he had so many lives who depended on him. That's just so selfish and irresponsible.
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

Dolan wrote:Having depression doesn't make someone unable to make rational decisions at any point in life. This wasn't new to him, most likely. If he took drugs and had had alcohol problems all his life, it looks like he had a lot of time to get help. It's impossible that his family didn't know anything about this.

You can't absolve him of any responsibility, both of having kids, when he knew he was troubled, and then killing himself, when he knew he had so many lives who depended on him. That's just so selfish and irresponsible.

Maybe you are missing the thought that he knew he was being selfish and irresponsible, but was in enough pain that he STILL did it. You clearly cant imagine feeling so horrible, so stop speaking on the subject.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

I DON´T UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE CALL SOMEONE WHO DID SUICIDE A LOOSER!!!
you have NO rl NO idea whats going on in people who do suicide!!!
they don´t see anything else it´s like there last door in ther brain what is open.
people who do this are sick and i feel really sad for them do you know how many famous pp have some psychological problems?
they compaire it with to be famous to get what they missed on some point or to take there brain bussy or w/e
never judge when you have no idea about the background!!!!
shit juice :hmm:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Oh really? Did he feel suicidal all the time, @Queen? Did he feel suicidal when he married two women and had 6 kids? Must have been such a chore to have the kids. No point whatsoever at which he could have gone to have therapy or pills for his condition, right? Everybody who went through depression killed themselves, right? It's inescapable..
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

No one is gloryfing him but saying hes a loser is just as bad if not worse than gloryfing a dead person. This very much reminds me of one of my history classes which was about denazification. Our lecturer judged people only by file entries and said that "they could have avoided getting into the wehrmacht or the SS" while infact she had no idea what could or couldnt have been avoided. I dont like if people judge overeagerly about other people lives without knowing everything.

And youre doing exactly that. Generalizing and judging without knowing all facts. Maybe he could have done more, maybe he took "the easy way out " , maybe not. Maybe he tried everything but still felt the need to end his live. We may never know. Just dont rush forward and claim someone is a loser for killing himself
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeah, well, as someone who has studied the brain and some neuropsychology, I know that such illness doesn't come suddenly, it has a long and slow progression until it gets to the point that someone feels suicidal. But he probably got used to treating his depression with drugs and alcohol. Can't speculate more than that. You're right, maybe I was wrong to flat out call such people losers. Maybe I lost my temper, because it seems so irresponsible to me to kill yourself when you're the father of six.

But I do know for a fact he had a history of drugs and alcohol. Which shows this is how seriously he took his life as a father.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

it may not be the case that he was a selfish or nattow-minded person, but the action he took was selfish

i agree with Dolan that suicide is for losers, because nothing is cool about killing oneself
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Cometk wrote:it may not be the case that he was a selfish or nattow-minded person, but the action he took was selfish

i agree with Dolan that suicide is for losers, because nothing is cool about killing oneself
13 reasons why told me otherwise
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

Dolan wrote:Yeah, well, as someone who has studied the brain and some neuropsychology, I know that such illness doesn't come suddenly, it has a long and slow progression until it gets to the point that someone feels suicidal. But he probably got used to treating his depression with drugs and alcohol. Can't speculate more than that. You're right, maybe I was wrong to flat out call such people losers. Maybe I lost my temper, because it seems so irresponsible to me to kill yourself when you're the father of six.

But I do know for a fact he had a history of drugs and alcohol. Which shows this is how seriously he took his life as a father.

Did you also study what people deal with when they have been raped as a child?
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Hard to judge, really. I can understand the opinion of both sides, but it just isn't as black and white as some people are stating it here.

Also not too much is known about him yet regarding this topic I think. Maybe he was in therapy? Maybe he was taking medication and it just wasn't enough or the therapist did a poor job?