Dont buy german cars anymore please

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Re: Dont buy german cars anymore please

Post by Asateo »

lordraphael wrote:Everyone is doing the same. Its just that VW and all other german companys are the scapegoats for the entire industry now.

Indeed. But, has anybody thought of the idea just not buying cars and using bicycle and public transport. Just a thought. :flowers:
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Asateo wrote:
lordraphael wrote:Everyone is doing the same. Its just that VW and all other german companys are the scapegoats for the entire industry now.

Indeed. But, has anybody thought of the idea just not buying cars and using bicycle and public transport. Just a thought. :flowers:

ye thats certainly what should be done. If you live in a city you really dont need a car anymore. Car sharing, bicycle and public transport should be more than enough.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Cars EleGiggle

Also you're pretty late with your rant on that emission-scandal
European Union KoenigRother
Skirmisher
ESO: Darky_soocer

Post by KoenigRother »

@jesus3 I was more about the Kartellscandal which is pretty fresh... I should have mentioned that one first then...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/201 ... emissions/
notoric treehugger
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Reminds me of CNN being the scapegoat for the other news networks.
Pay more attention to detail.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's the 21st century, though. Bikes are so 20th century.

It's more important now to get somewhere faster and so do more things in less time, than waste a lot of time cycling back to your home.

When I think about the future, I don't imagine it belongs to bikes.
Skirmisher

Post by KoenigRother »

@Dolan i strongly disagree... In Berlin we use a combination of train and bikes which is way quicker than using your car. In addition there is not just a time variable in bikes (in big cities the bike is faster anyway) but also a space and a health aspect in there and maybe the most important for me, that you get to see humans and loose the anonymity of a closed car. In addition, big cities beeing considered the most advanced in terms of transport are those, who manage the bike vs car conflict the best -> having a biking percentage of 40% a day (Amsterdam and Copenhagen)
notoric treehugger
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well, yeah, if you need to get through an area with congested traffic, you're better off taking a metro train or a bike and you get there faster. But for long-distance travel (between cities) and normal traffic, a car is better.

Also, since I don't have a close-by supermarket, I have to take the car to get to a big one. It wouldn't be practical to haul my groceries a few kilometres just because I'm a die-hard tree-hugger.
Skirmisher

Post by KoenigRother »

if you had the right bags and an electronic motorization on your bike? why do you have to be a tree hugger to support bikes? i avoided green arguments on purpose in my argumentation...
notoric treehugger
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

supernapoleon wrote:
KoenigRother wrote:@supernapoleon nice morals , worked fine for nazi germany

Just shows how close minded you are, you should be banned for nazi comparision @admins

You're closer to „getting banned" due to your language, now please, stop immaturely accusing each other.

I cringe a lot when I hear all those hyper-bike-enthusiasts that want to reduce the space on the roads, car parks and all of such infrastructure for some pavements and bike lanes. I'm a huge fan of cycling myself, don't get me wrong, though cars are the most effective way of transport that is economically profitable for all. In Warsaw I sometimes used the city bikes, but usually relied on public transport, mainly buses. Still, though, I get the entire point about automobiles usage and value it high.
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

pecelot wrote:
supernapoleon wrote:

Just shows how close minded you are, you should be banned for nazi comparision @admins

You're closer to „getting banned" due to your language, now please, stop immaturely accusing each other.

I cringe a lot when I hear all those hyper-bike-enthusiasts that want to reduce the space on the roads, car parks and all of such infrastructure for some pavements and bike lanes. I'm a huge fan of cycling myself, don't get me wrong, though cars are the most effective way of transport that is economically profitable for all. In Warsaw I sometimes used the city bikes, but usually relied on public transport, mainly buses. Still, though, I get the entire point about automobiles usage and value it high.

"Objective ESOC modarator" - doesn't like my opinion and threatens me to getting banned. Even tho I'm no the one who calls other people using nazi methods.
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

I guess I'm lucky to be able to use public transportation for free and to not depend on a car?
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

lol, don't worry @supernapoleon nobody is going to ban you, above statements were his own views and do not represent ESOC's view, you can enjoy surfing forums :smile:
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Henri Ford played a role in that to. Not that he build them armed cav but still
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

kami_ryu wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:I guess I'm lucky to be able to use public transportation for free and to not depend on a car?

Well how is it free for you?

I can understand paying for good public transit but I can't see it being free.

I use a car because that is what works most efficiently in the USA. Public transit where I am, is mediocre at best.

When you're a student in Germany you get a ticket which allows you to use public transportation for free in your state, with the exception of those high-speed long-distance trains. But you can use every bus, the tram, the subway, almost any train and can get everywhere. It's pretty cool.
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

That's nice. @Lukas_L99

In the USA a car is indeed more needed, but they also build infrastructure around the car. So it gets a vicious circle.
In Belgium 60-80% of the people take the car for a distance between 3 and 10 km. That's perfectly ciclycable.
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:I guess I'm lucky to be able to use public transportation for free and to not depend on a car?

Well how is it free for you?

I can understand paying for good public transit but I can't see it being free.

I use a car because that is what works most efficiently in the USA. Public transit where I am, is mediocre at best.

When you're a student in Germany you get a ticket which allows you to use public transportation for free in your state, with the exception of those high-speed long-distance trains. But you can use every bus, the tram, the subway, almost any train and can get everywhere. It's pretty cool.

*a few parts of germany
Skirmisher

Post by KoenigRother »

:chinese: er :chinese: @kami_ryu just dont buy german cars :ship: :ship: :mrgreen:
notoric treehugger
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Dolan wrote:It's the 21st century, though. Bikes are so 20th century.

It's more important now to get somewhere faster and so do more things in less time, than waste a lot of time cycling back to your home.

When I think about the future, I don't imagine it belongs to bikes.

I disagree. While i don't think that time is more valuable now, i gotta say that nowadays the pace of our lives is surely faster than what it was in the last century (jobs are further away than how they were 50 years ago, probably the lunch break is shorter and whatnot). Still, for distances up to 5 km i think that the bike is probably the best solution, since there is at worst a 10 minutes difference between the time that it takes to run a 5 km distance by bike and by car, and i don't think that 15/20 minutes per day is a huge loss.
Obviously a car is always useful if you need to do shopping or go to another town since public transport is not always at its best efficiency, but this is another topic. I wouldn't say that the issue with bikes is the extra time that you spend traveling compared to a car, speaking of short distances. A car can always come in handy so it is mandatory to have at least 1 per family but i think a lot of people over-rely on it. You should also keep in mind that if you use your bike regularly you are also going to save a decent amount of money and you are also going to be more healty.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

I always feel like sitting in a car is a waste of time. I don't own one and probably won't unless I end up in a situation where it is a necessity. Though I imagine I'd try and avoid ending up in a situation like that.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

WickedCossack wrote:I always feel like sitting in a car is a waste of time. I don't own one and probably won't unless I end up in a situation where it is a necessity. Though I imagine I'd try and avoid ending up in a situation like that.

Then never come to America
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

Anybody has much free time and wants to teach me in AoE 3 a lil bit? :D
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers: