Dont buy german cars anymore please

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Re: Dont buy german cars anymore please

Post by Mameluke »

kami_ryu wrote:I'm not buying any car until my honda gives up

which it won't

honda like mamelukes? they just dont die?
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

Fake news.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@pecelot

racism exists in this thread, can you plese delete it?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

gamevideo113 wrote:I disagree. While i don't think that time is more valuable now, i gotta say that nowadays the pace of our lives is surely faster than what it was in the last century (jobs are further away than how they were 50 years ago, probably the lunch break is shorter and whatnot). Still, for distances up to 5 km i think that the bike is probably the best solution, since there is at worst a 10 minutes difference between the time that it takes to run a 5 km distance by bike and by car, and i don't think that 15/20 minutes per day is a huge loss.
Obviously a car is always useful if you need to do shopping or go to another town since public transport is not always at its best efficiency, but this is another topic. I wouldn't say that the issue with bikes is the extra time that you spend traveling compared to a car, speaking of short distances. A car can always come in handy so it is mandatory to have at least 1 per family but i think a lot of people over-rely on it. You should also keep in mind that if you use your bike regularly you are also going to save a decent amount of money and you are also going to be more healty.

Well, this is something that I have in common with Americans. I like cars. I like the freedom to go anywhere that a car gives you. It's like a terrestrial ship. If you're on a bike, you might think twice if you really want to cycle your way to that city which is 100km away from you. If you're in a car, you only need to check if you have enough gas/battery.

Sure, I agree with everything else you said, about health and cutting costs. But I have a different mentality, I didn't grow up in the West, so I wasn't exposed to decades of car-shaming and promotion of cycling. So I like cars.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Bikes lewl
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

I have three Lambos, four Bugattis, one 8 series BMW and two Corvettes
c0ns!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

supernapoleon wrote:
pecelot wrote:
supernapoleon wrote:Just shows how close minded you are, you should be banned for nazi comparision @admins

You're closer to „getting banned" due to your language, now please, stop immaturely accusing each other.

I cringe a lot when I hear all those hyper-bike-enthusiasts that want to reduce the space on the roads, car parks and all of such infrastructure for some pavements and bike lanes. I'm a huge fan of cycling myself, don't get me wrong, though cars are the most effective way of transport that is economically profitable for all. In Warsaw I sometimes used the city bikes, but usually relied on public transport, mainly buses. Still, though, I get the entire point about automobiles usage and value it high.

"Objective ESOC modarator" - doesn't like my opinion and threatens me to getting banned. Even tho I'm no the one who calls other people using nazi methods.

I'm deeply saddened and disappointed by how you took that. No one is getting banned, as you can clearly see by the quotation mark above — I was referring to the comment you made. You don't get punished in any way for your opinions, unless they are highly offensive, including such comparisons, which are nothing more than just... well, comparisons. The „you get banned for »X«" rhetoric, so commonly used recently, bugged me a bit, as it's just blatantly false and insulting to the staff. Please, carefully and thoroughly familiarise yourself with our site rules, when in doubt. You mentioned a ban — I responded that we'd rather warn, perhaps, someone for rude and harsh language than such views like KoenigRother had. That said, though, naturally, we're not going to, as it's very trivial and it's completely unnecessary. Sorry for misunderstanding, I hope everything goes well from now on. :flowers:

Ashvin wrote:lol, don't worry @supernapoleon nobody is going to ban you, above statements were his own views and do not represent ESOC's view, you can enjoy surfing forums :smile:

Clearly, you fell for the same thing. The things you said are either partially false or truisms, let's keep it internal, shall we? :smile:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

don't call your house anymore..
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

vardar wrote:I have three Lambos, four Bugattis, one 8 series BMW and two Corvettes

only 10 cars. fucking plebs.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

he's got a Lamborghini, and a song about that Lamborghini...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Im in #teambicycles. Theyre actually quite a fast way to travel. I think that if Id somewhat try Id be faster than the car or comparable for a lot of destinations. If youre in shape, something like 8 kms away is a 20 minute bike trip and with the getting to the car, taking a suboptimal route, being stuck in traffic and parking you might just take longer.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

German cars are garbage
mad cuz bad
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I find especially audi quite beautiful.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

https://www.spiegel.de/international/ger ... 59471.html

The conclusion is that Daimler, BMW, Audi, Porsche and Volkswagen often no longer compete with one another. Instead, they secretly cooperate, very closely, in fact, in the same way one would normally expect of the subsidiaries of a single company to work together, as something like a "German Cars Inc." -- or a cartel.

Daimler, Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche have already admitted as much to the European Commission and the German Federal Cartel Office. In a brief dated July 4, 2016, Volkswagen issued what amounts to a voluntary declaration of its "participation in suspected cartel infringements." According to the VW statement, Daimler, BMW, Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche have coordinated matters relating to the development of their vehicles, costs, suppliers and markets "for many years -- at least since the 1990s and to this day."

It is not just a matter of the establishment of an exclusive club of the five German automakers with the goal of attaining economic advantages over the competition. The secret agreements are also detrimental to customers, who buy German vehicles because, among other things, they expect to be getting the best possible products from a technical standpoint. But how can a company produce the best if competition is curbed, and if the engineers stop doing their utmost to outdo the engineers working for other brands?

The cartel authorities face a Sisyphean task in their investigation of the auto cartel. There were more than 60 working groups in which the automakers cooperated. "We assume," Volkswagen wrote in its statement to the authorities, "that more than 1,000 relevant meetings took place in the last five years."

More than 60 working groups and more than 1,000 meetings.

K, so "everyone is cheating on emissions", but is really every carmaker part of a cartel in their own country?

Commenting on the fact that Audi, BMW and Mercedes together hold about 80 percent of the global market share in the premium segment, Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche said that one of the reasons was that "as neighbors, we are constantly stepping on each other's toes. In this sense, competition is an incredibly good thing." BMW CEO Harald Krüger said: "This competition constantly motivates us to achieve excellence." VW CEO Matthias Müller praised the competition among brands. And Audi CEO Rupert Stadler said that competition had "given us all a technological advantage."

ImageImage
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jerom wrote:Im in #teambicycles. Theyre actually quite a fast way to travel. I think that if Id somewhat try Id be faster than the car or comparable for a lot of destinations. If youre in shape, something like 8 kms away is a 20 minute bike trip and with the getting to the car, taking a suboptimal route, being stuck in traffic and parking you might just take longer.
bikes are for women
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

gibson wrote:bikes are for women

aye bicycling is basically vegan horse riding.
nothing what real man do.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
Jerom wrote:Im in #teambicycles. Theyre actually quite a fast way to travel. I think that if Id somewhat try Id be faster than the car or comparable for a lot of destinations. If youre in shape, something like 8 kms away is a 20 minute bike trip and with the getting to the car, taking a suboptimal route, being stuck in traffic and parking you might just take longer.
bikes are for women

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Thats quite enthusiastic. :p but yeah, as long as youre in the city, traffic jams and red lights makes the bycicle faster than most forms of transportation, including the tram. Metro is fastest probably, but thats assuming you live near a metro stop and dont have to go far from one. Bikes have only one drawback, you get dirty and wet, either from sweat or rain. So not always convenient
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Well it all depends on the infrastructure of the city. There's simply no support for bicycle travel in Nebraska's largest city and there shouldn't be. I mean it's a 30 minute car drive from my apartment to my parent's house and we both live in the same municipality.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I wouldn't ride a bike even if it was faster. I'll sit in my air-conditioned car while you're sweating your ass off in 100 degree weather with high humidity.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:
gibson wrote:bikes are for women

aye bicycling is basically vegan horse riding.
nothing what real man do.

real men ride women
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:

Thats quite enthusiastic. :p but yeah, as long as youre in the city, traffic jams and red lights makes the bycicle faster than most forms of transportation, including the tram. Metro is fastest probably, but thats assuming you live near a metro stop and dont have to go far from one. Bikes have only one drawback, you get dirty and wet, either from sweat or rain. So not always convenient

I dont sweat much though during physical activity so its okay.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

:love: I like my chinese car; volvo V60 T4. :lol:
My next car will prolly b american; Tesla mod 3 that will b a Great hit imo
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

what do you even do that you have so much money? dominatrix?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

umeu wrote:what do you even do that you have so much money? dominatrix?

A tesla model 3 will have about the same cost as a Ford Focus in Norway! Petrol and diesel cars are heavely taxed, and electric cars have zero tax :!:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.