Game of Thrones-season 7

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Game of Thrones-season 7

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:25 min in it's pretty shit
the end is pretty dope
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

ok because 32 min in it's still kinda bad
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

gibson wrote:
deleted_user wrote:25 min in it's pretty shit
the end is pretty dope

the whole fight is amazing
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I should have just read the books
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

oh i see we're going to have a bit of a surprise dragon raid
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Danaerys never pull out a stab wound.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

GoT fights are still better than the movies but that was all this episode was good for. That being said the fight was really good. They are always at their best when following a single individual in a long take (i.e. Jon in Battle of the Bastards and Bronn here). You really get the scope of the battle then.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

yea this seasons has been largely mediocre by got standards
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Thanks for the heads up, now I know to stop wasting my time with this series
Top quality poster.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Laurence Drake wrote:Thanks for the heads up, now I know to stop wasting my time with this series

That's what I said about age of empires. See you at the finale.
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

gibson wrote:yea this seasons has been largely mediocre by got standards

no surprise with the time they're given, sad thing.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Watched it like friday or so. Good episode, just like all the others.
Image Image Image
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

you watched episode 4 which aired yesterday on friday :O ?
probably the best episode so far but still mediocre at best. ONly making 7 episodes was such a big mistake. In my opinion episode count should have been increased not descreased for the last 2 seasons
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Ye got leaked.
Image Image Image
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

lordraphael wrote:you watched episode 4 which aired yesterday on friday :O ?
probably the best episode so far but still mediocre at best. ONly making 7 episodes was such a big mistake. In my opinion episode count should have been increased not descreased for the last 2 seasons
But HBO doesn't care about the story, only the profit. With that in mind it's not necessarily a mistake to shorten the show. It's clearly too expensive. By far the majority of the audience pirates the show, so they make a lot less money off of its popularity than you would think. Not directly anyway, and if the only goal is creating higher demand for HBO subscriptions the show has served its purpose by now.

I think the mistake was not selling this show separately for like 10$ a season, no strings attached. I wonder if they did the math on that. It seems like kind of a no brainer. At the very least they should've made it possible for the international audience to buy the show without having to wait for DVD releases. Seriously, what? I have to wait for the DVD? It's 2017. Just provide a simple way for people to throw their money at you and you're making tens of millions per season. It's really that easy.

And then they go and start an e-mail campaign against US-based pirates, completely ignoring their massive international audience once again. So clueless. You would think that even the oldest and most traditional TV executives would have learned how to deal with the internet by now. Maybe they just feel entitled, are stuck in this childish victim role or some shit and keep focusing on fighting the pirating by legal means instead of actually adapting their business model.

A shame that HBO's mistakes made the show worse and much shorter than it could've been. The story had/has so much potential still. Smh. Let's just hope GRRM finishes the books before his body says nope.
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Goodspeed wrote:Let's just hope GRRM finishes the books before his body says nope.

Well, they will find somebody to end it. That's what happend with Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. He died before end of season (book10/13 or so). Brandon Sanderson finished it (with the plot from Jordan, as he told his wife).

Ofcourse you like the original author, but if he couldn't finish it... :unsure:
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Goodspeed wrote:
lordraphael wrote:you watched episode 4 which aired yesterday on friday :O ?
But HBO doesn't care about the story, only the profit. With that in mind it's not necessarily a mistake to shorten the show. It's clearly too expensive. By far the majority of the audience pirates the show, so they make a lot less money off of its popularity than you would think. Not directly anyway, and if the only goal is creating higher demand for HBO subscriptions the show has served its purpose by now.

I think the mistake was not selling this show separately for like 10$ a season, no strings attached. I wonder if they did the math on that. It seems like kind of a no brainer. At the very least they should've made it possible for the international audience to buy the show without having to wait for DVD releases. Seriously, what? I have to wait for the DVD? It's 2017. Just provide a simple way for people to throw their money at you and you're making tens of millions per season. It's really that easy.

And then they go and start an e-mail campaign against US-based pirates, completely ignoring their massive international audience once again. So clueless. You would think that even the oldest and most traditional TV executives would have learned how to deal with the internet by now. Maybe they just feel entitled, are stuck in this childish victim role or some shit and keep focusing on fighting the pirating by legal means instead of actually adapting their business model.

A shame that HBO's mistakes made the show worse and much shorter than it could've been. The story had/has so much potential still. Smh. Let's just hope GRRM finishes the books before his body says nope.

GRRM said he shared the end of the story with other writers just in case he dies.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Was anyone else happy when the dragon got shot?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

ovi12 wrote:Was anyone else happy when the dragon got shot?
me, I was fucking shitting myself that whole scene afraid that bron or jamie was gonna die. I like them better then daeneryes for sure.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

gibson wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Was anyone else happy when the dragon got shot?
me, I was fucking shitting myself that whole scene afraid that bron or jamie was gonna die. I like them better then daeneryes for sure.

Yeah same lol. I really felt bad for the soldiers. The only one who had the right perspective on them was Robb Stark's girlfriend. Most of them are just farmer boys who are drafted into fighting.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Those Dragons are just ridiculous. I'm neither a fan of those nor the white walkers. That beautiful medieval family feud setting going full (even more) retard with those
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

^Not a fan of dragons and white walkers ?? hmm... who are you fan of then.... Theon ?
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

gh0st wrote:^Not a fan of dragons and white walkers ?? hmm... who are you fan of then.... Theon ?

Pork sausage
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

It's jesus ofc he loves men
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jesus3 wrote:Those Dragons are just ridiculous. I'm neither a fan of those nor the white walkers. That beautiful medieval family feud setting going full (even more) retard with those

U dumb or?