Game of Thrones-season 7

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Re: Game of Thrones-season 7

Post by jesus3 »

gh0st wrote:^Not a fan of dragons and white walkers ?? hmm... who are you fan of then.... Theon ?

As Jakey already suggested, I'm a fan of pork sausage.

Nah, it's just that I find it too convenient to impose those as gamechangers and not some witty characters instead. Why not just let Daenerys win with her regular army here? It's just too much "magic" sometimes for my taste
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

jesus3 wrote:
gh0st wrote:^Not a fan of dragons and white walkers ?? hmm... who are you fan of then.... Theon ?

Nah, it's just that I find it too convenient to impose those as gamechangers and not some witty characters instead. Why not just let Daenerys win with her regular army here? It's just too much "magic" sometimes for my taste

Skilled knights > unsullied.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

you're implying they're unskilled. They're clearly not and also the moment of surprise was on their side even without the dragon
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

jesus3 wrote:you're implying they're unskilled. They're clearly not and also the moment of surprise was on their side even without the dragon

No I mean like theres a difference between Knights in armour and trained etc. Fighting knights is a lot of difference to fighting in Essos. Remember the pit in Mereen where Jorah rekt everyone else, Jorah isn't particularly special in terms of combat in Westeros. In terms of experience the unsullied aren't that well off.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

The unsullied have been 'made' for warfair... How are they not experienced?
And Jorah won a tournament in Westeros. Thus clearly being above average at fighting.
Before they (unsullied) were liberated we constantly heared how good they were. Discipline, phallax warriors, etc. So I doubt they're 'not good'. ^_^
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
jesus3 wrote:

Skilled knights > unsullied.
Those weren't unsullied, anyway numbers matter. Iirc she has 10k dothraki and in that little army with Jaime were like 300 dudes at most. Definitely didn't need a dragon but then again why not
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

Goodspeed wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:Skilled knights > unsullied.
Those weren't unsullied, anyway numbers matter. Iirc she has 10k dothraki and in that little army with Jaime were like 300 dudes at most. Definitely didn't need a dragon but then again why not

Dothraki are pretty sick in open field and on horseback, I actually don't think a mounted dothraki would lose to a mounted knight 1 on 1 in the scenario from the battle in last episode.

Robert Baratheon once said: "Only a fool would meet the dothraki in open field".
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

is jamie dead
Top quality poster.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

no he's not, show need him to kill [spoiler=spoiler]cersie[/spoiler]
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

Laurence Drake wrote:is jamie dead

Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

i really liked how dirty player bronn finally met some1 who fought even dirtier than him.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

gh0st wrote:no he's not, show need him to kill [spoiler=spoiler]cersie[/spoiler]

yeah i can already see it coming tbh
Top quality poster.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I just hope daenerys gets screwed bc she didnt listen to snow and tyrion. Nothing more annoying than women throwing a tantrum
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

jesus3 wrote: she didnt listen to snow and tyrion.

She did listen. She didn't attack Kings Landing with the dragons. Snow and Tyrion didn't want her to kill city and common folk. Nothing was said about an army if I remember correctly.
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

lordraphael wrote:i really liked how dirty player bronn finally met some1 who fought even dirtier than him.

Yeah but I think that was just stupid, all Bronn needed to do is point his sword downwards and he would've cut the guy's face.

And I don't think Bronn "didn't have time to react" or "was too schocked to react". Bronn is a veteran who knew the Dothraki live their lives on horses.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:

This can happen; one of the ways it can happen is when abandoned mines fill up with water. We know the Tyrells had a lot of gold, so perhaps there was an abandoned gold mine there. It is possible to have a gold mine in an open field: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_mining (on the right you can see the Super pit gold mine in Western Australia, which looks like it is in an open field.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Asateo wrote:
jesus3 wrote: she didnt listen to snow and tyrion.

She did listen. She didn't attack Kings Landing with the dragons. Snow and Tyrion didn't want her to kill city and common folk. Nothing was said about an army if I remember correctly.

ah right, for a moment I thought it just had to do with using the dragon in general just now. But she's bound to not listen at some point. So I might as well correct myself and say "doesn't" instead of "didn't"
Lancer

ovi12 wrote:

This can happen; one of the ways it can happen is when abandoned mines fill up with water. We know the Tyrells had a lot of gold, so perhaps there was an abandoned gold mine there. It is possible to have a gold mine in an open field: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_mining (on the right you can see the Super pit gold mine in Western Australia, which looks like it is in an open field.

im not questioning the fact that this is physically possible (we are watching a fantasy show here anyway :P ).

i just found it randomly amusing that fine mr. jamie was doing sum horse riding in shallow waters whilst 2 meters to the right to him there is literally the fucking mariana trench and that other fella (who escaped twice a full petard explosion sized dragon fireball by jumping 5 feet) thought it would be a wise idea to tom cruise jump save jamie IN FULL FUCKING ARMOR into the mariana trench where he sank 36.000 feet deep in armor down to whatever there is in a game of thrones world but at least hes save from those "easy to dodge fireball but only if you are still relevant for the story line and not a generic lannister soldier" - dragons.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Lol
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

ovi12 wrote:
AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:Image

im not questioning the fact that this is physically possible (we are watching a fantasy show here anyway :P ).

i just found it randomly amusing that fine mr. jamie was doing sum horse riding in shallow waters whilst 2 meters to the right to him there is literally the fucking mariana trench and that other fella (who escaped twice a full petard explosion sized dragon fireball by jumping 5 feet) thought it would be a wise idea to tom cruise jump save jamie IN FULL FUCKING ARMOR into the mariana trench where he sank 36.000 feet deep in armor down to whatever there is in a game of thrones world but at least hes save from those "easy to dodge fireball but only if you are still relevant for the story line and not a generic lannister soldier" - dragons.

I didn't like those scenes very much either, but perhaps I can still find excuses for them.

For Bronn surviving Drogon by jumping 5 feet:

If he jumped and went under the wagon, I guess he could've been ok. Drogon was hurt so maybe he couldn't breathe as much/as hot of a fire as before. Drogon also breathed a lot of fire just before this, so perhaps his reserves were a bit depleted.

Drogon also wasn't so concerned about killing Bronn; his top priority was just disabling the ballista so that he can land witouth threat and have Danny remove the arrow from him ASAP.
Lancer

well yeah cool whatever bet next episode they are both fine and super healthy and all like "woah we escaped this lets do some war again vs a young lady who literally has firebreathing dragons bet we will be fine and win this all cool GG"
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:well yeah cool whatever bet next episode they are both fine and super healthy and all like "woah we escaped this lets do some war again vs a young lady who literally has firebreathing dragons bet we will be fine and win this all cool GG"

Hmm if they do survive I don't see how they could escape capture, but we will see.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

the fight was good
Top quality poster.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Anyone else hate Arya now? Wtf beheading leaders for "insulting" Jon? And then expecting their armies to still follow? Is she a complete idiot?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

The show has largely turned to shit, story wise. I am too invested personally to stop watching and simultaneously disappointed enough to read where the books left off. It's some sort of corporate wet dream GRRM and HBO have crafted more cunningly than any GoT plot...

I'm a sort of sad, incessant fan hooked - not satisfied - eager to become satisfied.