Charlottesville

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Charlottesville

Post by deleted_user0 »

So where's the thread on this?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/1-dead-19-i ... ttesville/

Car killing, ideological motivated violence, dead and wounded. No terrorism? Color me chunfused. Anyone explain??

I wonder why his religious beliefs arent mentioned in the headlines...
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Re: Charlottesville

Post by lejend »

umeu wrote:I wonder why his religious beliefs arent mentioned in the headlines...

Same reason the religion of terrorists like Blm isn't mentioned. Do you want his music tastes mentioned as well? :huh:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lejend wrote:
umeu wrote:I wonder why his religious beliefs arent mentioned in the headlines...

Same reason the religion of terrorists like Blm isn't mentioned. Do you want his music tastes mentioned as well? :huh:

Can you stick to the topic please? We're not discussing blm. Make a separate thread if you want to talk about that.
depends, is there a connection between him listening to satanic hardrock and the act?
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

umeu wrote:
lejend wrote:

Can you stick to the topic please? We're not discussing blm. Make a separate thread if you want to talk about that.
depends, is there a connection between him listening to satanic hardrock and the act?

Ah, so this just another troll thread? Okay.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I asked a question. You make no attempt to answer the question. In that case, you can just stay away. If you want to answer it, please go ahead.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

What question?
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Both sides are idiots.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:Both sides are idiots.

interesting thesis. are they both equally idiotic? or is there a difference.

anyway, who'se talking about sides. it's the action of one man we're discussing here.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lejend wrote:What question?

i'm asking why many people aren't calling this an act of terror, even though they did so when it happened on a bridge in london. i'm also wondering where the typical rash solutions are that are normally called for when someone drives a car into a crowd.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

umeu wrote:

interesting thesis. are they both equally idiotic? or is there a difference.

anyway, who'se talking about sides. it's the action of one man we're discussing here.

on my news it was the riots that were emphasised.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

the riots had already been broken up by the police at the time of this event.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Oh I see. Ignore my comment then!

It probably was out of racial hate that this happened but the truth is its a touchy subject in the US and no one wants to acknowledge its a problem. So it got removed from the headline.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

umeu wrote:
lejend wrote:What question?

i'm asking why many people aren't calling this an act of terror, even though they did so when it happened on a bridge in london. i'm also wondering where the typical rash solutions are that are normally called for when someone drives a car into a crowd.

What people and what solutions? You seem to believe these people or organizations have official spokespeople on this forum or something.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

oh no, not at all. but some of the people that fit the description do post on this forum. you among them.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

It's funny because liberals never seem to drive vehicles into crowds or throw bombs into religious buildings. White supremacists and radical muslims do, though.
Top quality poster.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Must I promptly classify each of the thousands of daily crimes as terrorist or not terrorism?

New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Laurence Drake wrote:

It's funny because liberals never seem to drive vehicles into crowds or throw bombs into religious buildings. White supremacists and radical muslims do, though.

Both sides are exaggerating to the point its ridiculous. Although I have more of a problem with Nazis ofc, but you can't take any side here because they are both a complete joke of themselves.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lejend wrote:Must I promptly classify each of the thousands of daily crimes as terrorist or not terrorism?

not necessarily, but it's odd you do seem to do so when it comes to a particular group. hmmmm, why?
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

umeu wrote:
lejend wrote:Must I promptly classify each of the thousands of daily crimes as terrorist or not terrorism?

not necessarily, but it's odd you do seem to do so when it comes to a particular group. hmmmm, why?

I seem to do what? Classify each incident within hours?

Now I know I have better things to do than that, so let us see your evidence.

Here is a list of incidents this year fyi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_t ... ts_in_2017
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Laurence Drake wrote:

Both sides are exaggerating to the point its ridiculous. Although I have more of a problem with Nazis ofc, but you can't take any side here because they are both a complete joke of themselves.

Dead people aren't joking
Top quality poster.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Im out of the loop, can someone summarize what's going on? What we know for a fact so far?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Laurence Drake wrote:

You're honestly probably closer to the truth than just about anyone else. Ideologically I find myself pretty far to the left, yet I have completely alienated myself from and do not consider myself a part of the left in the United States because its incredibly polarized and reactionary. Take for example all the racial violence. The right is generally speaking unwilling to accept that a very large part of why the African American community is not as well off as other races is do to racial injustice leading back to slavery. This is clearly not correct. If it wasn't for slavery and the racial injustice that followed the African American community would almost certainly be in a better spot than it is today. However, the left takes it way too far. You have people calling for white genocide, African Americans today who are becoming racist against white people and in so doing becoming the very thing they are trying to fight against, African Americans who blame their plite today directly upon white people today, etc. Now the thing is the vast majority of people on both sides are much more moderate than I just described, but because everything is so polarized you either have to make compromises in your beliefs which drive you more towards the extreme side of things or denounce your side entirely. I've seen it first hand. People I know who were moderately right or left are now making posts on facebook and saying things that 2 years ago would have been considered extreme, but are slowly becoming the norm. Its creating an Us vs Them mentality which is really hurting this country. I've lost good friends because they considered me a "bad guy" because I didn't agree with them politically. Its sad really.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

lemmings121 wrote:Im out of the loop, can someone summarize what's going on? What we know for a fact so far?

The municipality of Charlottesville has plans to remove the statue of general Robert E. Lee, the prominent military figure of the Confederate forces in the American Civil War. To prevent this from happening, lots of right-wing protesters marched against removing the statue, which they consider a symbol of the South.

A counter-manifestation has been organised by leftists, which led to occasional physical altercations.

Some guy from Ohio, James Field, drove his car into a crowd of left-wing protesters, which led to at least one death and 15 injured. At this time, the police are charging him with 2nd degree murder and other things, which means they don't have any evidence to show there was any planning or premeditation behind his act.

Usually terrorist acts are carefully planned beforehand, they're not committed on the heat of the moment.
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Post by glorious_ »

Dolan wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:Im out of the loop, can someone summarize what's going on? What we know for a fact so far?

The municipality of Charlottesville has plans to remove the statue of general Robert E. Lee, the prominent military figure of the Confederate forces in the American Civil War. To prevent this from happening, lots of right-wing protesters marched against removing the statue, which they consider a symbol of the South.

A counter-manifestation has been organised by leftists, which led to occasional physical altercations.

Some guy from Ohio, James Field, drove his car into a crowd of left-wing protesters, which led to at least one death and 15 injured. At this time, the police are charging him with 2nd degree murder and other things, which means they don't have any evidence to show there was any planning or premeditation behind his act.

Usually terrorist acts are carefully planned beforehand, they're not committed on the heat of the moment.

Who said he didn't plan it?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

glorious_ wrote:
Dolan wrote:

Who said he didn't plan it?
he may have, but if there's no evidence that he did plan it how can anyone know lol