Apple announced iPhone 8 and iPhone X

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Re: Apple announced iPhone 8 and iPhone X

Post by jesus3 »

thanks @_NiceKING_ so that actually does make sense in a techy way but the inconvenience of an extra adapter is a huge turnoff for people like myself. Didn't really plan on buying an iphone as my next phone anyways but that plus the ground cost does it for me, no more apple
United States of America Blondie1011
Crossbow

Post by Blondie1011 »

_NiceKING_ wrote:
Blondie1011 wrote:They will intorduce the wirless headphones soon too to go with it

They introduced AirPods last year

I dont
know where I was at when they did lol...Im so far beind !!
I am probally the second worst player in the History of AOE :ohmy:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Blondie1011 wrote:Its really not to much of a splurge....Its like 40 extra a month interest free tacked on the phone bill....
How is that not much? Most dont even pay 40/mo to begin with?
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

for some reason I was expecting a lot from this year's iphone and end up disappointed once again. It's hard to quit apple when you have a mac and an iphone that works perfectly fine even after falling multiple times a week since years. I'll keep my 5s another year and see then
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

iPhone X now comes with animoji (animated emoji) support, so im sure @pecelot would like it
Error 404: Signature not found
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

I don't like the iPhone X. I need at least one hardware button in my life. Not a fan of the gesture - I imagine it could get quite annoying in Fruit Ninja!
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

The strip seems obnoxious.
For me it's not an option simply because of the lack of a headphone jack. I have a lot of headphones none of them wireless, none of them easily replaced. Removing that still seems like a silly choice to me.
Besides, there's no way Apple keeps up in the software department. They're competing with Google ffs. The time where Apple's UI was smoother or more intuitive has long passed. Anyone sticking with the brand at this point is just being stubborn.

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

Goodspeed wrote:The strip seems obnoxious.
For me it's not an option simply because of the lack of a headphone jack. I have a lot of headphones none of them wireless, none of them easily replaced. Removing that still seems like a silly choice to me.
Besides, there's no way Apple keeps up in the software department. They're competing with Google ffs. The time where Apple's UI was smoother or more intuitive has long passed. Anyone sticking with the brand at this point is just being stubborn.

I only knew the inner workings of iOS from 2010 to 2012 but it's still rock solid compared to android imo. I bought a Galaxy S5 a few months ago but it's still not as fluid as my old iPhone 6 - or even my iPod Touch 2G.

Android is just seems clumsy. I've also had my iPhone crash way less than my Android handset. iPhones are far more reliable and have a solid foundation.

Not to mention the cameras on the iPhones are leaps ahead then on an Android device.

I'll stick with Apple until any Android handset has anything decent compared to Apple. Nothing really amazes me about Android.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:iphone not so cool

I'll stick with Apple until any Android handset has anything decent compared to Apple. Nothing really amazes me about Android.

i guess for "casual basic" users an iphone might still be an option.. i bought a 300 dollar phone with android that i can root without loosing varranty and that has a micro sd slot that currently gives me an additional 64 gb (but could buy much more), rooted android gives me incredible freedom compared to iOS. if i want to make good quality pictures, i just use a real camera ..(which i could easily buy with the price difference between my phone and a new iphone..)

so if you just do the most basic things with your phone, you could be right and an iphone might still be the best option, for all other users its like goodspeed said its stubborn and stupid to buy an overpriced product who gives you less options than most other phones.. (that said i still think the majority of ppl just use their phones to make pictures, use whatsapp, scroll trough facebook and casually google stuff)

Goodspeed wrote:
Blondie1011 wrote:Its really not to much of a splurge....Its like 40 extra a month interest free tacked on the phone bill....

yeah lol, i pay 10€ a month, thats like what, 12 US dollar a month..

NyxAchlys9 wrote:I don't like the iPhone X. I need at least one hardware button in my life. Not a fan of the gesture - I imagine it could get quite annoying in Fruit Ninja!

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Watch that scrollbar on the right carefully:

phpBB [video]

Revolutionary, ain't it?

Someone found a solution for the unused space next to the notch:

Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

y'all insane.

Im pretty sure I can buy a equivalent performance android plus a car for the price of an iphone.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

this aint innovative enuff for me i want an iphone with a display the shape of megan fox left boob and software that scales all websites and apps and my dik pix accordingly pls thenks @eppl tim jobs steve innovation main base
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I just made the calculation, 1189 euros equals to 1426 dollars, as opposed to 999 dollars which will be the cost of iPhone X in america. Why does it cost 40% more in italy? (I guess in the rest of europe as well). This is clearly bullshit. As long as people will keep buying their product Apple will keep happily overpricing them. A 250 euros android phone can do just as good as an iphone in basically all tasks except camera and maybe longevity. Besides the fact that i don't see any point in buying a 400+ euros phone, i can even less justify buying a product that i need to spend 40 more euros on if i want to charge it while listening to music. This really feels like a joke. If people can afford it then it's ok, they can go for it, but all this is objectively ridicolous.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

gamevideo113 wrote:Why does it cost 40% more in italy? (I guess in the rest of europe as well). This is clearly bullshit.

Import taxes + retail markup. Imported electronics are always more expensive in Europe.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

gamevideo113 wrote:I just made the calculation, 1189 euros equals to 1426 dollars, as opposed to 999 dollars which will be the cost of iPhone X in america. Why does it cost 40% more in italy? (I guess in the rest of europe as well). This is clearly bullshit. As long as people will keep buying their product Apple will keep happily overpricing them. A 250 euros android phone can do just as good as an iphone in basically all tasks except camera and maybe longevity. Besides the fact that i don't see any point in buying a 400+ euros phone, i can even less justify buying a product that i need to spend 40 more euros on if i want to charge it while listening to music. This really feels like a joke. If people can afford it then it's ok, they can go for it, but all this is objectively ridicolous.

dont worry, in brazil the the price inst anounced yet, but will probably be arroud 1500-1800k usd, and people will makes lines to buy it. (paying in 36x ofc.) and they will carry arround a "earphone adapter" and a "port splitter" to be able to charge it while using their chinese 1usd earphones) (seriouslly, not including earphones and selling it separatedely for 350 usd is insane, everyone who still buys apple here is insane)
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

Dolan wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:Why does it cost 40% more in italy? (I guess in the rest of europe as well). This is clearly bullshit.

Import taxes + retail markup. Imported electronics are always more expensive in Europe.

tbf, everything is produced in china, so import taxes could be more similar for usa and the rest of the world..

In reality I guess its a trade of, americans buy eletronics dirt cheap, but if they have to call an ambulance some day and dont have insurance, they are broke and in debt forever.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

lemmings121 wrote:1500-1800k usd
That's a lot. ;)
Pay more attention to detail.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Dolan wrote:

Ok but there should be taxes and such stuff in the USA as well... 10/15% more would be reasonable imo, but 40% or even worse in brazil is not just extra taxes and import cost imo. Shipping one thing from america to here (e.g. When i buy stuff on amazon) could cost roughly 150-200 dollars including taxes. But Apple is a brand, they don't ship every single phone separatedly. 400 dollars to ship a phone is not really believable. I don't know precisely what the import taxes are here in italy though. I think that these are the prices because Apple knows that a lot of people will still buy their phone even if it costs as much as an average monthly wage :roll:
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

gamevideo113 wrote:even if it costs as much as an average monthly wage :roll:

holy fucking shit, 1400 usd average monthly waging, i'm moving in.

(actually, I could get Italian citizenship, due to my ancestors... but it costs a lot :sad: )

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:
NyxAchlys9 wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:iphone not so cool

i guess for "casual basic" users an iphone might still be an option.. i bought a 300 dollar phone with android that i can root without loosing varranty and that has a micro sd slot that currently gives me an additional 64 gb (but could buy much more), rooted android gives me incredible freedom compared to iOS. if i want to make good quality pictures, i just use a real camera ..(which i could easily buy with the price difference between my phone and a new iphone..)

so if you just do the most basic things with your phone, you could be right and an iphone might still be the best option, for all other users its like goodspeed said its stubborn and stupid to buy an overpriced product who gives you less options than most other phones.. (that said i still think the majority of ppl just use their phones to make pictures, use whatsapp, scroll trough facebook and casually google stuff)

Goodspeed wrote:

yeah lol, i pay 10€ a month, thats like what, 12 US dollar a month..

NyxAchlys9 wrote:I don't like the iPhone X. I need at least one hardware button in my life. Not a fan of the gesture - I imagine it could get quite annoying in Fruit Ninja!

I'm not a fan of the iPhone X. Not even much of an Android or really much of Apple since Steve Jobds ideas got used up. Tom Cook no innovation and following peasant companies such as Samsung.

Still better than Android tho.

To add, You can be more customisable with Jailbreaking than rooting your Android. I've even installed Android on one of my old iPhones :P
Crossbow

Post by Blondie1011 »

Goodspeed wrote:

I pay 100 for four lines on T mobile unlimited everything , (because my plan rates are guaranteed until I switch plans which will be never )
So 40 dollars interest free tacked onto a phone bill
= 140.00 which is not a bad monthy price for all those line and a new phone !!
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

That's ridiculous.
Unlimited international?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Goodspeed wrote:That's ridiculous.
Unlimited international?

Cell phone planes in the united states are very expensive. 100 for 4 lines is insanely cheap. Many pay 80 for 1 line
Crossbow

Post by Blondie1011 »

Yeah Tmobile has a new plan 190 a month for 4 lines I think and free netflix Lmao Ill keep my Tmobile plan the 4 lines I get now 100 taxes all inclused and pay for my netflix ( 10 usd) with the 90 dollars I save !
My plan is actually very reasonable for the usa
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm on that fat plan called, "middle class parents feel sorry for their son." It's pretty inclusive. So far I've bundled phone, car payment, healthcare, and occasionally tuition for an all inclusive $0/mo. Everyone should choose better parents like mine and cost wouldn't be such an issue!