Apple announced iPhone 8 and iPhone X

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Re: Apple announced iPhone 8 and iPhone X

Post by Rikikipu »

gamevideo113 wrote:
Dolan wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:Why does it cost 40% more in italy? (I guess in the rest of europe as well). This is clearly bullshit.

Import taxes + retail markup. Imported electronics are always more expensive in Europe.

Ok but there should be taxes and such stuff in the USA as well... 10/15% more would be reasonable imo, but 40% or even worse in brazil is not just extra taxes and import cost imo. Shipping one thing from america to here (e.g. When i buy stuff on amazon) could cost roughly 150-200 dollars including taxes. But Apple is a brand, they don't ship every single phone separatedly. 400 dollars to ship a phone is not really believable. I don't know precisely what the import taxes are here in italy though. I think that these are the prices because Apple knows that a lot of people will still buy their phone even if it costs as much as an average monthly wage :roll:

Don' forget that iphone are also imported to the USA. They are made in China, by a company called Fowconn. If you want to see how far in the hell humans have gone, I advise you to watch a documentary about Foxconn
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

I have this Walmart/T-Mobile offer since a few years, $30 for 5GB on 4G and 1h call. Just checked and my french plan used to be 15e for 15Go 4G + unlimited call. Not sure why plans are so expensive in the US
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I love my Samsung phone, this is the 3. I have. Will never buy iPhone - ever. Had enough of the Ipad really. There is just no way iPhone can compeat with Samsung! and tbo, maybe my next phone will be a Huawei!!! btw my last phone is a samsung A3 2017, third of the cost of an iPhone 7 : https://youtu.be/encFB54v6uo
buy your pricy iphones . suckers :maniac:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Learn from spanky, people. Buy cheaper phones and donate the saved money to ESOC!
Pay more attention to detail.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Gendarme wrote:Learn from spanky, people. Buy cheaper phones and donate the saved money to ESOC!

yeah, put your money in things that really matters 2 u :love:
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

iwillspankyou wrote:I love my Samsung phone, this is the 3. I have. Will never buy iPhone - ever. Had enough of the Ipad really. There is just no way iPhone can compeat with Samsung! and tbo, maybe my next phone will be a Huawei!!! btw my last phone is a samsung A3 2017, third of the cost of an iPhone 7 : https://youtu.be/encFB54v6uo
buy your pricy iphones . suckers :maniac:

I've always found android to be pale iphone’s imitations with less intuitive navigation, and your video is no exception. This, FaceTime/imessage which I constantly use, the apple store (truth is I have no clue if the android equivalent is better, just heard that from friends), better pics, the great customer service (24/7 store in nyc, I've had a destroyed keyboard replaced for free) and macbook pro made me choose the Iphone. When you plan to keep a phone 3-5 years like I do, paying a premium for a quality product is arguable, at least it was a few years ago with Apple. I can't recall how many time I heard friends with androids complaining about their phones.
However $1000+ for the iphone X sounds way too much, like if FaceID that will wake me up each time I check my phone at night, animated emoji and wireless charging that doesn’t seem to be on par with androids were solid arguments.
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@benj89 thinking your friends will give you the review that you can trust? the ppl in my family, relying on iPhone, just struggle more. The phone goes offline all the time. I dont know, from my near family, I would say I have much less probl with my Samsung.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

Well at the same time most of my family use iphone/ipad since years, and I don't hear any complains, but I truly chose it for the other reasons I mentioned, not this one.
I had iphone 5s since 3+ years I believe, it falls every week from desk/bed etc (almost never outside), screen is intact and I just reboot it once every 2-3 months to prevent any bug. Works perfectly fine, same charger. The only complain I would have to make, is that somehow those pricy earpods start having bugs after 8-10 months so I have to constantly change them
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

@spanky4ever I've never had any problems with my iPhone 7. Then again I only use my phone for texting and calling people. Each to their own I suppose :flowers:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I can't hardly recall a time my iphone 6 has ever crashed or turned off when it wasn't on 1% battery or otherwise worked to a tee. If I didn't have hand-me-down phones I'd never pay the apple price, though.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:@spanky4ever I've never had any problems with my iPhone 7. Then again I only use my phone for texting and calling people. Each to their own I suppose :flowers:

iPhone 7 is a new phone though. When I by a phone, I expect it to last for 4 - 5 years :idea: Guess thats just me, wanting some quality :P

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

iwillspankyou wrote:
NyxAchlys9 wrote:@spanky4ever I've never had any problems with my iPhone 7. Then again I only use my phone for texting and calling people. Each to their own I suppose :flowers:

iPhone 7 is a new phone though. When I by a phone, I expect it to last for 4 - 5 years :idea: Guess thats just me, wanting some quality :P

I like to stay up-to-date on technology. Usually keep it for two or three years. :love:
United States of America Blondie1011
Crossbow

Post by Blondie1011 »

Most people I know do the 2-3 year phone then upgrade, many of the recent Samsungs are 800-1000 so I see not much difference in price.
I used to use andriod but where I am my service is weird . Goes from 4 bars to 1 bar...I have a cellspot router. My blackberry and andriod phones would constantly drop wifi calls. So that was our reason to switch to Iphones...Ive never missed a call on my Iphone ....
I probally will just upgarde to the seven this year . I could get the up new one as its really not a lot for me like ive said, but I dont feel the need to have the lastest phone , becsuse every year or 2 theres another one.
Plus the last time I ordered the 6plus Tmobile had the worst ordering issue it took me 4 hours to get that phone fpr my daughter !!! Because the website crashed !! Never again ill wait a few months if I need the lastest device , plus they always go down in price after. Phones devalue VERY fast .
I am probally the second worst player in the History of AOE :ohmy:

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

I always order off Apple for my phone. Their service is much better directly.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

One thing that i like about Apple is that they are still making phones with not ridicolously big screens (although iphone x will be 5.8 inches). Nowadays if i want a decent phone (from 200 euros or more) the smallest screen that i can get is 5 inches, which imo is unpractical because it is hard to use with just one hand. Larger screens also use more energy and deplete your battery sooner. iPhone SE has a 4 inches screen that would be really sweet, and now it only costs 280 euros so it's actually not a bad deal, but i still prefer android because i am used to it and i feel like i am more free on it, it's easier to manage files and there are a lot more useful applications.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Why do they announce two types of iPhone's at the same time?
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
United States of America Blondie1011
Crossbow

Post by Blondie1011 »

MCJim wrote:Why do they announce two types of iPhone's at the same time?

Options ....For those who wont spend 1000 usd they can spend 850 usd also screen size differs.

I have the SE that I bought about 18 months ago . I went from a andriod huge screen to the smaller screen. I thought I would not like such Small screen , but honestly its a lot more practical to carry around for me.
I phone se is 100-150 USD used with warranty not sure what that is in euros.
I am probally the second worst player in the History of AOE :ohmy:
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Blondie1011 wrote:
MCJim wrote:Why do they announce two types of iPhone's at the same time?

Options ....For those who wont spend 1000 usd they can spend 850 usd also screen size differs.

I have the SE that I bought about 18 months ago . I went from a andriod huge screen to the smaller screen. I thought I would not like such Small screen , but honestly its a lot more practical to carry around for me.
I phone se is 100-150 USD used with warranty not sure what that is in euros.

But still wondering why exactly at the same time since the iPhone 8 is in the background now that the iPhone 10 is out as well. Seems like not the best marketing, though it's Apple so I expect them to know what they do lol
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming