not gonna pretend anymore, I love women more ;)

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Re: not gonna pretend anymore, I love women more ;)

Post by princeofkabul »

gibson wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:So next time you are angry, disapointed, or having negative fealings about a game/subject, I would wish that you choose your words more carefully, before you call it "gay" or "homo" or similar.
I'd like to apologize than. My language is often times colorful and I'm sure I've used words like that negatively multiple times. One of several bad habits I picked up growing up in Tennessee. While my various vulgarities aren't actually directed at people, I can see how people can still be hurt by them.

david i demand your answer in fitness thread pls
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

iwillspankyou wrote:I made this post, and I am not sure weather I regret it or not. But now that its done, I want to talk some about the reasons for making it.
When you enter a forum like this one, you are faces with some stereotypical expectations; that your male, in your late teens or midt 20s, that you are white, and heterosexual. Non of them fitting to me :o
When you join chats in streamed games or discussions in forums, you are faced with sexist and homofobic attitudes both from some streamers, and from ppl in the chat.
It feels kind of like a sting every time, I can tell you.

In the start, when joining this community, I thought; who cares anyway - its not my fight and I will not be the subject of a flame storm stemming from some immature ppls prejucises, so I kept silent, while at the same time, engaging in the chat and in the discussion forums.
Over time, many of you have come to know me, and visa versa. Many of you, I really like, on the background of the attitudes and beliefs you have displayed.

So I guess things have changed over time; in the start I thought it didnt matter cos I dont know any of you, and I dont care enought I guess? Well, that have changed, and the fact that I feel the strayjacket of the usual stereotyped, waying more and more heavely on me.
So that was my personal reasons for displaying this.

The other reasons is this; as far as I know, very few ppl dear to reveal that they dont fit the heterosexual sterotype, cos then they would fear harassment :cry:
stemmng from prejudices and some ppls need to step on others to feel taller themselves.

Knowing, stastisically, that there are many other ppl like myself, taking part in the forums and in the chat, was the second reason for making the thread.

So next time you are angry, disapointed, or having negative fealings about a game/subject, I would wish that you choose your words more carefully, before you call it "gay" or "homo" or similar.
Thats all folks

I will thank many of you for your support in the thread above :love:

most funny remark was from @zoom "I'm a homophone" made my :lol: :lol: :lol:

do you feel bad now zoom :O ?
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

could very well b that you find this issue amusing, or a topic you want to ridicule @lordraphael ?? Tbo, Im kind of disapointed in you, spesially since your studying to become a teacher, meaning that sooner or later, you will be faced with children/teens in distress, or you will face their gay parents (gay ppl also have school kids you should know). What attitude will you display then? Trust me, It matters :huh:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

as for @princeofkabul his response is pretty much what I would expect from previous encounter. :uglylol:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

im not commenting that. You got it wrong and im not in the mood of explaining myself.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

lordraphael wrote:im not commenting that. You got it wrong and im not in the mood of explaining myself.

Thus far you have made 3 nonsense posts in this thread, so why would I question your attitudes :?: And if your not in the mood of explaining yourself, maybe you could keep your nonsence to yourself :?:
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

iwillspankyou wrote:could very well b that you find this issue amusing, or a topic you want to ridicule @lordraphael ?? Tbo, Im kind of disapointed in you, spesially since your studying to become a teacher, meaning that sooner or later, you will be faced with children/teens in distress, or you will face their gay parents (gay ppl also have school kids you should know). What attitude will you display then? Trust me, It matters :huh:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

as for @princeofkabul his response is pretty much what I would expect from previous encounter. :uglylol:

Why are you tagging me and what do you mean by that? What response for what? I don't understand you.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

was referring to this one; @princeofkabul :
david i demand your answer in fitness thread pls.
:unsure: what is the meaning of it? Is it to say that this topic is of no interest, - the interest should be in another post? why dont you just PM the person then?
Im confused :huh:

here is your other post; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ :?: nice tune, but pretty strange :huh:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

iwillspankyou wrote:Is it to say that this topic is of no interest, - the interest should be in another post? why dont you just PM the person then?
It's just joking/trolling/shitposting, and it is very common on fora throughout the web. I am quite confused by your confusion as you are quite active on this forum.
Pay more attention to detail.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Gendarme wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:Is it to say that this topic is of no interest, - the interest should be in another post? why dont you just PM the person then?
It's just joking/trolling/shitposting, and it is very common on fora throughout the web. I am quite confused by your confusion as you are quite active on this forum.

could b I am sensitive to shit posting in this thread, maybe. :P I will take a step back :biggrin:
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

iwillspankyou wrote:was referring to this one; @princeofkabul :
david i demand your answer in fitness thread pls.
:unsure: what is the meaning of it? Is it to say that this topic is of no interest, - the interest should be in another post? why dont you just PM the person then?

here is your other post; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ :?: nice tune, but pretty strange :huh:

He posted the song cause you said "not gonna pretend anymore" and I asked what and why you'd pretend something in the first place
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@Lukas_L99 I already explained that in my lenghty post above at 1146. In the beginning I was anonymous here, but over time that changed.
Hopefully this focus can make ppl more aware of the potential damage their "trolling" can cause others, more fragile, than myself.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i dont wanna sound rude and i dont have anything against you, but i kinda wish women stop craving for attention
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

wow, just wow
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

iwillspankyou wrote:I made this post, and I am not sure weather I regret it or not. But now that its done, I want to talk some about the reasons for making it.
When you enter a forum like this one, you are faces with some stereotypical expectations; that your male, in your late teens or midt 20s, that you are white, and heterosexual. Non of them fitting to me :o

Is it really like that? Why do you think that?

When you join chats in streamed games or discussions in forums, you are faced with sexist and homofobic attitudes both from some streamers, and from ppl in the chat.
It feels kind of like a sting every time, I can tell you.

Just cause someone says "that's gay" it doesn't automatically mean he/she hates homosexual people lol. True there might be some idiots who actually are homophobic, but I am pretty convinced that's a minority.

[...]
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

PMS
#trainableSpahi
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Hazza54321 wrote:i dont wanna sound rude and i dont have anything against you, but i kinda wish women stop craving for attention

I can assure you, that this is not the kind of attention I enjoy.

and now the ugly shit is turning out, like PMS :uglylol: really @aqwer (ps are you 13 or something? - then I could understand)

@Lukas_L99 Even though I know that when ppl say "thats gay" they most of the time dont want to be prejudice or anything (most of the time they want to sound cool I guess)-- BUT sometimes you should know that what words you use have meanings, and how your words are perceived by others could be something very different from what you intended. To ppl that are actually gay, it feels bad when you use the word to describe something you dislike, are stupid, or whatever nasty things you are referring to.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

iwillspankyou wrote:
@Lukas_L99 Even though I know that when ppl say "thats gay" they most of the time dont want to be prejudice or anything (most of the time they want to sound cool I guess)-- BUT sometimes you should know that what words you use have meanings, and how your words are perceived by others could be something very different from what you intended. To ppl that are actually gay, it feels bad when you use the word to describe something you dislike, are stupid, or whatever nasty things you are referring to.

Imo it's much more important how people actually mean things than the 100 ways it could be interpreted.
If you're offended by every little thing then the internet might not be the right place for you...
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

People are so sensitive nowadays they can't handle simple jokes anymore. Btw @spanky4ever the only reason you even made this post is for attention so please don't say you aren't attention seeking.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@Lukas_L99 not 100 ways to interpret "gay" when you use to describe something you dislike/hate or are irritated by. I know only one, but maybe you could supply me with the 99 other ways to interpret it? Im not so offended myself, Im not a snowflake about it, - Im more concerned for the other teens that struggle with sexual identety, that also wach the stream. If you cannot see that, than I am out of words, really.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

or perhaps people no longer accept to be the butt of someone's joke like they have done so before. Perhaps you should consider why you need to make those kind of jokes.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

iwillspankyou wrote:@Lukas_L99 not 100 ways to interpret "gay" when you use to describe something you dislike/hate or are irritated by. I know only one, but maybe you could supply me with the 99 other ways to interpret it? Im not so offended myself, Im not a snowflake about it, - Im more concerned for the other teens that struggle with sexual identety, that also wach the stream. If you cannot see that, than I am out of words, really.

One way is that the person is just annoyed but doesn't actually have anything against homosexual people (I'd say it's like that in most cases). Others would interpret that like the person saying it is actually homophobic etc...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

iwillspankyou wrote:@Lukas_L99 not 100 ways to interpret "gay" when you use to describe something you dislike/hate or are irritated by. I know only one, but maybe you could supply me with the 99 other ways to interpret it? Im not so offended myself, Im not a snowflake about it, - Im more concerned for the other teens that struggle with sexual identety, that also wach the stream. If you cannot see that, than I am out of words, really.

words change meaning all the time. gay used to mean happy. it means homosexual now, but it also has a more mundane meaning of "irritation" or something close. check the southpark episode about it, i guess it sums it up quite well. that said, i see no reason to push someones buttons once they made it clear what their limits are. however, many people are immature, and will push those buttons exactly for that reason. then they say its just a joke, but there is something perverted to it, deep inside.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

lots of bitter people dragging even this thread down, why not just chill out sometimes and accept that spanky just wanted to tell us that? It's really not that hard
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

"even this thread" is quite inaccurate, I think. ESOC threads don't get more controversial than this.
Pay more attention to detail.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

The topic of language is always a hot debate in the online gaming community with respect to slurs (homophobic, racist etc) and a good discussion point.

I don't have a problem with other people using such language since I'd consider the context plus overall message to hold the true value of what someone is saying.

Having said that I'm not at all comfortable using such language myself since I absolutely do not trust every single person who comes across my messages/posts/casts/whatever to fully understand the context and I would hate if that contributed to reinforcing the prejudiced opinions of a few individuals. Which it does do when you use that language.

I guess you can argue it's not your responsibility that everyone hearing you use it fully appreciates the context but then again you don't lose anything by not using it, so why just not use it?

The one derogatory thing I've probably used myself in the past is calling things gay (I've definitely used gaypan) since it seems right at the "soft end" of the insult spectrum. But I think even that can reinforce prejudice so I've tried to cut that out too.