not gonna pretend anymore, I love women more ;)

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Re: not gonna pretend anymore, I love women more ;)

Post by aqwer »

@spanky4ever: whats your point?
#trainableSpahi
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

jesus3 wrote:lots of bitter people dragging even this thread down, why not just chill out sometimes and accept that spanky just wanted to tell us that? It's really not that hard

I don't see what is even so controversial of someone coming out as homosexual. In the end you love who you love.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
jesus3 wrote:lots of bitter people dragging even this thread down, why not just chill out sometimes and accept that spanky just wanted to tell us that? It's really not that hard

I don't see what is even so controversial of someone coming out as homosexual. In the end you love who you love.

Its not controversial, no sane person has a problem with homosexuals.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

You just qualified as insane a good portion of muslim people on earth. Nice job!
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

benj89 wrote:You just qualified as insane a good portion of muslim people on earth. Nice job!

Rightfully so, their ideology is shit :)
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I qualify a good portion of people as insane regardless of their views on human sexuality. How about that?
Pay more attention to detail.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

benj89 wrote:You just qualified as insane a good portion of muslim people on earth. Nice job!

I think muslim people are the bomb. The media tends to blow things out of proportion on this topic. All it really does is explode paranoia.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Muslim culture has historically speaking been leniant towards homosexuality. Though "officially" against it, little problem was made of it irl.

These days there is too much emphsis on the very orthodox/extreme versions of Islam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_in_Islam
http://www.muslims4liberty.org/muslims-have-a-long-history-of-accepting-homosexuality-in-society/
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Asateo wrote:Muslim culture has historically speaking been leniant towards homosexuality. Though "officially" against it, little problem was made of it irl.

These days there is too much emphsis on the very orthodox/extreme versions of Islam.

http://www.muslims4liberty.org/muslims-have-a-long-history-of-accepting-homosexuality-in-society/

You're right, the capital punishments and surveys regarding homosexuality in islamic countries have nothing to do with the religion (not even gonna talk about the holy quran)

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_in_I ... ession.svg
http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the- ... -morality/
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Russia is my favourite muslim country
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

Asateo wrote:Muslim culture has historically speaking been leniant towards homosexuality. Though "officially" against it, little problem was made of it irl.

opened your first link, read this:
A 2007 survey of British Muslims showed that 61% believe homosexuality should be illegal, with up to 71% of young British Muslims holding this belief
Then this:
According to a 2012 poll, 51% of the Turks in Germany, who account for nearly two thirds of the total Muslim population in Germany,[182] believe that homosexuality is an illness

Lucky you I just controlled F "%", not sure what to expect if I read of all it.

I just find it funny that so many pro love people here can't tolerate/find insane a good portion of the world population
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:Russia is my favourite muslim country

I guess that should be a trolly response but there are parts in Russia with a large Muslim majority, e.g. Tatarstan
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:Russia is my favourite muslim country

I guess that should be a trolly response but there are parts in Russia with a large Muslim majority, e.g. Tatarstan

It is a trolly response - but it is interesting to note that Russia is quite dynamic in that respect. Such a vast country is quite amazing.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

Gendarme wrote:I qualify a good portion of people as insane regardless of their views on human sexuality. How about that?

you sound like a cynic and close minded individual, that's about it
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Je vous en suis reconnaissant, et vous remercie beaucoup, mon cher benj89.
Pay more attention to detail.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Why I am even surprised that when people make threads about serious issues their threads get completely derailed by trolls.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

Gendarme wrote:Je vous en suis reconnaissant, et vous remercie beaucoup, mon cher benj89.

just trying to put you on the right track for the ESOC best personality contest!
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Lukas_L99 wrote:

You're right, the capital punishments and surveys regarding homosexuality in islamic countries have nothing to do with the religion (not even gonna talk about the holy quran)

I didn't say anything about present day...

Asateo wrote:Muslim culture has historically (meaning in the past) speaking been leniant towards homosexuality. Though "officially" against it I'm not denying anything, little problem was made of it irl.

From the first article: However, homosexual relationships were generally tolerated in pre-modern Islamic societies, and historical record suggests that these laws were invoked infrequently, mainly in cases of rape or other "exceptionally blatant infringement on public morals". Homoerotic themes were cultivated in poetry and other literary genres written in major languages of the Muslim world from the eighth century into the modern era.

From the second article: At the height of the Islamic Golden Age – a period from the mid-8th century to the mid-13th century when Islamic civilization is believed to have reached its intellectual and cultural zenith – homosexuality was openly spoken and written about. Abu Nuwas (756-814), one of the great Arab classical poets during the time of the Abbasid Caliphate, wrote publicly about his homosexual desires and relations. His homoerotic poetry was openly circulated right up until the 20th century.

I was pointing out that it does not have to be like it is today. Look at the past. Both @Lukas_L99 @benj89 make it political to present day. That was the whole point of my post. There is a problem with homosexuality in Islam today. It was much less so in the past...
No need to jump on me for pointing out an historically accuracy.

I stick to my statement that in general too much emphasis is given to extreme versions of Islam
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Anyone believing in organized religion is either incredibly ignorant & stupid, or incredibly brainwashed, so I fail to see the problem. It has nothing to do with Islam.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Hazza54321 wrote:i dont wanna sound rude and i dont have anything against you, but i kinda wish women stop craving for attention
Don't men do that in equal measure?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

lordraphael wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:I made this post, and I am not sure weather I regret it or not. But now that its done, I want to talk some about the reasons for making it.
When you enter a forum like this one, you are faces with some stereotypical expectations; that your male, in your late teens or midt 20s, that you are white, and heterosexual. Non of them fitting to me :o
When you join chats in streamed games or discussions in forums, you are faced with sexist and homofobic attitudes both from some streamers, and from ppl in the chat.
It feels kind of like a sting every time, I can tell you.

In the start, when joining this community, I thought; who cares anyway - its not my fight and I will not be the subject of a flame storm stemming from some immature ppls prejucises, so I kept silent, while at the same time, engaging in the chat and in the discussion forums.
Over time, many of you have come to know me, and visa versa. Many of you, I really like, on the background of the attitudes and beliefs you have displayed.

So I guess things have changed over time; in the start I thought it didnt matter cos I dont know any of you, and I dont care enought I guess? Well, that have changed, and the fact that I feel the strayjacket of the usual stereotyped, waying more and more heavely on me.
So that was my personal reasons for displaying this.

The other reasons is this; as far as I know, very few ppl dear to reveal that they dont fit the heterosexual sterotype, cos then they would fear harassment :cry:
stemmng from prejudices and some ppls need to step on others to feel taller themselves.

Knowing, stastisically, that there are many other ppl like myself, taking part in the forums and in the chat, was the second reason for making the thread.

So next time you are angry, disapointed, or having negative fealings about a game/subject, I would wish that you choose your words more carefully, before you call it "gay" or "homo" or similar.
Thats all folks

I will thank many of you for your support in the thread above :love:

most funny remark was from @zoom "I'm a homophone" made my :lol: :lol: :lol:

do you feel bad now zoom :O ?
I can't tell while I'm in the act of commiting zoicide.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:Why I am even surprised that when people make threads about serious issues their threads get completely derailed by trolls.

Because esoc pretends to have moderators.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

zoom wrote:
Anyone believing in organized religion is either incredibly ignorant & stupid, or incredibly brainwashed, so I fail to see the problem. It has nothing to do with Islam.

I've found that adults who believe that are either ignorant, stupid, or both. I used to think similarly back when all I knew was AOE and my basement, so I have empathy for you, if that matters.
Sorry to OP for derailing your thread, was too tempting after reading some posts