ESOC Fitness Thread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Re: ESOC Fitness Thread

Post by Googol »

Im working out on my beer belly, going good so far.
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

If by running you mean sprinting then I might agree with you - long distance running is probably the most detrimental form of exercise.
The majority of injuries that I see on a day to day basis are caused by long distance running. If by healthy you mean from a cardiovascular standpoint you can get similar results from weights without the repetitive stress issues.
Most athletically average people suck at running and need to be taught how to do so efficiently.

Basketball - depends on where the athlete is in the year. Some times they will be doing a lot of dynamic stuff and sometimes you want to stay far away from it.

I love yoga but more for the meditative and cortisol lowering properties of it.

The big question is - when are you starting back up?

Sorry meant to quote @deleted_user4
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

hehe i havent been to the gym in like 4 months
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

I've gone to gym now for perhaps year and 8 months. Started as bodybuilding like most of the guys who are clueless what to do with some guidance of my friend. then I moved to study to other city and meet new faces who introduced me to powerlifting and been enjoying it ever since. I came a to conclusion that natural bodybuilding is bullshit, because you'll just never look like those who are on the stages or even just instagram "celebrities". If I ever switched back I'd be injecting for sure. It is possible to get strong naturally but the aesthetics part is damn hard if you want to keep some amount of mass aswell along with it. Weightlifting is also interesting but unfortunately it does need some amount of guidance of professional cause the movements are very hard. Like warno recommended a personal coach(I'd hire him if he would live close by!). So now im just doing basic movements and keeping it simple.

The running is a whole other story for me. Hell I'd be dead for running more than 10 meters probably lol.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

Warno wrote:If by running you mean sprinting then I might agree with you - long distance running is probably the most detrimental form of exercise.

The majority of injuries that I see on a day to day basis are caused by long distance running. If by healthy you mean from a cardiovascular standpoint you can get similar results from weights without the repetitive stress issues.

Most athletically average people suck at running and need to be taught how to do so efficiently

What lifting regime rivals actual running in terms of cardiovascular health?
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

Garja wrote:
deleted_user wrote: then mysteriously stopped working out forever.

aoe3 happened

garja share you experiences?
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Bodyweight workout is the best for me,free of injuries
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Garja wrote:
deleted_user wrote: then mysteriously stopped working out forever.

aoe3 happened

something like that
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Sargsyan wrote:Bodyweight workout is the best for me,free of injuries
phpBB [video]
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Gendarme wrote:
phpBB [video]

HAW HAW HAW HAW
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

Gendarme wrote:
phpBB [video]

haha i love elgin's videos
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Gendarme wrote:
phpBB [video]

Do u even lift bro ?
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

The guy is retard and this has nothing to do with bodyweight workout
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08

Post by Warno »

oxaloacetate wrote:
Warno wrote:If by running you mean sprinting then I might agree with you - long distance running is probably the most detrimental form of exercise.

Most athletically average people suck at running and need to be taught how to do so efficiently

What lifting regime rivals actual running in terms of cardiovascular health?

The tabata method comes to mind - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8897392

Also understanding your athlete's lactate threshold and designing programs around it as well - https://www.unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article%2 ... shold.html
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08

Post by Warno »

Running (jogging) is the most overused and abused form of fitness.

Coincidentally, walking is one of the most underused and underappreciated forms of fitness. You can basically get all the benefits of jogging without the major drawbacks.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Warno wrote:Running (jogging) is the most overused and abused form of fitness.

Coincidentally, walking is one of the most underused and underappreciated forms of fitness. You can basically get all the benefits of jogging without the major drawbacks.

With a non elevated heart rate? How does that work? Also, time.

Jogging can be poor on your joints if improperly done but it is a great way of increasing cardiovascular capacity and health?
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08

Post by Warno »

deleted_user wrote:
Warno wrote:Running (jogging) is the most overused and abused form of fitness.

With a non elevated heart rate? How does that work? Also, time.

Jogging can be poor on your joints if improperly done but it is a great way of increasing cardiovascular capacity and health?

Sorry should have clarified - when I said walking I mean a brisk walk. Most of the studies are done around 3.5 mph with a slight incline... it definitely raises your heart rate. It keeps your stride long (jogging stride is much shorter) which engages more posterior chain.

Obviously jogging will increase cardio work capacity - it just isn't the best or the safest like many people believe it to be. Running can be very therapeutic which I will not argue and some people enjoy it.
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08

Post by Warno »

princeofkabul wrote:I've gone to gym now for perhaps year and 8 months. Started as bodybuilding like most of the guys who are clueless what to do with some guidance of my friend. then I moved to study to other city and meet new faces who introduced me to powerlifting and been enjoying it ever since. I came a to conclusion that natural bodybuilding is bullshit, because you'll just never look like those who are on the stages or even just instagram "celebrities". If I ever switched back I'd be injecting for sure. It is possible to get strong naturally but the aesthetics part is damn hard if you want to keep some amount of mass aswell along with it. Weightlifting is also interesting but unfortunately it does need some amount of guidance of professional cause the movements are very hard. Like warno recommended a personal coach(I'd hire him if he would live close by!). So now im just doing basic movements and keeping it simple.

The running is a whole other story for me. Hell I'd be dead for running more than 10 meters probably lol.

By keeping it simple you meaning setting personal bests? Whatever you are doing it is working!
United States of America TheInvincibleJannisary
Dragoon

Post by TheInvincibleJannisary »

Gendarme wrote:
phpBB [video]

Whatever that guy is doing sucks cuz those are pencil arms.... I'd be pissed if I was that small lol
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

TheInvincibleJannisary wrote:
Gendarme wrote:
phpBB [video]

Whatever that guy is doing sucks cuz those are pencil arms.... I'd be pissed if I was that small lol

Show me how big u are
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

If you want cardio do swimming
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

due to shoulder injury, running/cycling/rowing almost everyday provides a decent 50min workout followed by a 10-15min sauna session if I have time. I find that running helps in dealing with stress/anxiety arguably better than weightlifting, although I never really did both at the same time so it's tough to compare.
I hate running though and hate swimming even more (not sure why I did that sport for so long)
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

Warno wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:I've gone to gym now for perhaps year and 8 months. Started as bodybuilding like most of the guys who are clueless what to do with some guidance of my friend. then I moved to study to other city and meet new faces who introduced me to powerlifting and been enjoying it ever since. I came a to conclusion that natural bodybuilding is bullshit, because you'll just never look like those who are on the stages or even just instagram "celebrities". If I ever switched back I'd be injecting for sure. It is possible to get strong naturally but the aesthetics part is damn hard if you want to keep some amount of mass aswell along with it. Weightlifting is also interesting but unfortunately it does need some amount of guidance of professional cause the movements are very hard. Like warno recommended a personal coach(I'd hire him if he would live close by!). So now im just doing basic movements and keeping it simple.

By keeping it simple you meaning setting personal bests? Whatever you are doing it is working!

Yes, after each iteration the goal is to set new personal bests. : )
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Just run as fast as you can then stop and rest then do again easy
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
United States of America TheInvincibleJannisary
Dragoon

Post by TheInvincibleJannisary »

Sargsyan wrote:
TheInvincibleJannisary wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Show me how big u are

is that kinda thing allowed on the forums?