Questions about present germany:)

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Questions about present germany:)

Post by Dsy »

I saw lot of intresting themes here. Lets burn some really intresting discussion. Saw a lot of german too so i wanna ask some question if you dont mind.

First question is which is a huge and really intresting:
Why Germany's population decrease? I checked the internet and i see everywhere german birth rate smaller than death rate. I find it intresting since i always try to see the reasons behind the facts. Lot says Germany has one of the best eco in eu. Found intresting why people feel uncomfortable to plan with babies and families then.
I found out (if im not wrong) that homes are very expensive in germany and a lot of people rent instead have them. In theory it could be a reason for not too stable life since even if you earn a lot you need to pay a lot for living and that sucks.

Second question (fire):
If the statistics true and people feel their life is unsteable why your government want to import immigrants instead of helping your people who feel uncomfortable in their own country?

I dont want to offend anyone with this post.:)
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Re: Questions about present germany:)

Post by Googol »

Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

First of all the reason why germanys population is dereasing is because some people dont want kids cause they prefer their career. A secound reason for that is that we do have a fairly good pension system. So we dont need to have kids as a compensation for a pension system.

Renting a home is not that expensive everywhere over here there are like really expensive cities like Munic or Hamburg for example. If you can be barely afford to rent a flat you cant afford to buy a flat right? But renting a house or flat is more common in a city than in a village. Almost all people who live in a village own the house they live in. Renting a flat gives you more opportunities to move in case you want to study somwhere else, or get a job in another city. So the reason behind that is flexibility.

To the secound question our constitution grants everybody who is seeking for asylum asylum, if they can bring reseaons for that. For example if you are beeing chased in your home country cause you are gay you can get asylum here. So we dont actually have a choice other than giving people asylum if they bring up good reasons for that. If not we will send them back home again.
The major reason why people fear immigration is because they think the german culture might get lost and the islam becomes the major religion in germany. Some also fear that the state will pay them less if it also pays for refugees. Wjich is not the fact as we do have live in a golden age (economically speaking). Some people are falling behind in terms of globalisation they think the world is changing too fast. It is not that easy to help these german people really.

I hope this answers your question
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

#off-topic but I like your signature
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Yeah pension thing is intresting. You want to get it but someone has to produce it.
But still if everything is fine carreier wise in your home i dont think you reject to have childrens. So i feel it must something that it isnt perfect there...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Der vier-punkt fünften REICH! :chinese:
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Dsy wrote:Yeah pension thing is intresting. You want to get it but someone has to produce it.
But still if everything is fine carreier wise in your home i dont think you reject to have childrens. So i feel it must something that it isnt perfect there...

Maybe it's the other way around... In Belgium as well, the number of 'single families' (one person family) is growing. Same goes for Sweden (50% of the people living single), also for NY apparently ( https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2015/07/06/has-being-single-in-america-changed/a-rise-in-the-number-of-those-living-alone?mcubz=1 ).

So maybe having no childern is more of a factor of economic/political wellbeing then it is of something negative.

Happy single speaking, btw. :chinese:
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ye, in general, if theres more prosperity, people will have less children. Poverty and children are kind of a vicious circle. If youre poor, you will need children to take care of you when youre old. When you have children, you will most likely stay poor. Not just because of what it costs to raise children, but also the time, and immediate needs. So youre less likely to have time for self development, sometimes you dont even have time to work, and usually you dont have the time and peace of mind it takes to make smart long term decisions because you have to focus everything youve got on the present.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

How is the German economy so decentralised compared to other European economies?
Top quality poster.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Laurence Drake wrote:How is the German economy so decentralised compared to other European economies?

thats pretty easy to answer actually, unlike in centralised nations like france and england germany consisted of countless nations withing the HRE (late HRE basically was exclusively on german territory) germany didnt unite until 1871 meaning there had been lots of smaller nations with 1 capital each before, and every monarch tried to get the eco rolling in his capital resulting in lots of smaller eco blobs but not 1 big one like in france with Paris or England with london.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

japanesegeneral wrote:First of all the reason why germanys population is dereasing is because some people dont want kids cause they prefer their career. A secound reason for that is that we do have a fairly good pension system. So we dont need to have kids as a compensation for a pension system.

Renting a home is not that expensive everywhere over here there are like really expensive cities like Munic or Hamburg for example. If you can be barely afford to rent a flat you cant afford to buy a flat right? But renting a house or flat is more common in a city than in a village. Almost all people who live in a village own the house they live in. Renting a flat gives you more opportunities to move in case you want to study somwhere else, or get a job in another city. So the reason behind that is flexibility.

To the secound question our constitution grants everybody who is seeking for asylum asylum, if they can bring reseaons for that. For example if you are beeing chased in your home country cause you are gay you can get asylum here. So we dont actually have a choice other than giving people asylum if they bring up good reasons for that. If not we will send them back home again.
The major reason why people fear immigration is because they think the german culture might get lost and the islam becomes the major religion in germany. Some also fear that the state will pay them less if it also pays for refugees. Wjich is not the fact as we do have live in a golden age (economically speaking). Some people are falling behind in terms of globalisation they think the world is changing too fast. It is not that easy to help these german people really.

I hope this answers your question

golden age for whom tho. ? The average german doesnt benefit at all from the economic prosperity. Not by increased wages ( in some branches wages would have to get raised by 10 % or more to get to wagelevel of 2000,
not by better infrastructure, its being estimated that germany would have to invest 150 billions to fix streets schools etc, and that doesnt even include faster internet, if they wanted to gove fiber glass connections to everybody theyd need another 100 billions at the very least.
Eco is great but to many people dont benefit from it.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

uh, I thought this thread would be about uhlan semi ffs or tower rushes.... :unsure:

out
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

NWO

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Dsy wrote:Why Germany's population decrease?

I can answer this. The same thing is happening in The Netherlands (though on a smaller scale since our population is much smaller). After World War II, almost all European countries saw a spike in newborns. If you google stats from France, The Netherlands, Germany, etc they'll all confirm that. The reason for this is that people didn't feel comfortable in getting children during a war and that husbands were away fighting in the war. In the years following the war, lots of children were born - an unprecedented amount. Another important occurrence is the introduction of the contraceptive pill in the 70's, which, naturally, reduced childbirth. The result, 70 years after the baby boom after World War II, is that there are far more elderly than young people. This is putting governments in an awkward position because they're forced to increase the age at which people receive retirement funds. It has led to a lot of unrest in recent years and there's no real solution other than "importing" immigrants, which is what we're already doing.

The problem for me, an almost-18-year-old, is that my age of retirement will be 8-10 years higher than my parents' age of retirement according to the latest calculations. Basically, I will be paying more and retiring later. And that is providing that there will be enough money - pension funds lost a lot of money in assets and stocks during the recession of 2008. You can figure out why that has angered a lot of people and has led to unrest all around the country.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

They got less people because settler wagons cost 2 pop
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

umeu wrote:If youre poor, you will need children to take care of you when youre old.

I'm not sure since I don't live in a poor country with high demographic curve, but I think because they just randomly fuck as monkeys but without contraception so it ends up that they have a lot of babies and they got even poorer.

Mr_Bramboy wrote:The problem for me, an almost-18-year-old, is that my age of retirement will be 8-10 years higher than my parents' age of retirement according to the latest calculations. Basically, I will be paying more and retiring later.

Yeah those pensions systems are litterally awful, there is not any single positive aspect about that. And right now, we are kinda fucked because of that, and I'm afraid our parents will pay for it :(
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Rikikipu wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:The problem for me, an almost-18-year-old, is that my age of retirement will be 8-10 years higher than my parents' age of retirement according to the latest calculations. Basically, I will be paying more and retiring later.

Yeah those pensions systems are litterally awful, there is not any single positive aspect about that. And right now, we are kinda fucked because of that, and I'm afraid our parents will pay for it :(

It's not awful, it's just outdated. Same with the tax-system here since everyone earns more in general compared to 50years ago but the tax stages are still the same. Pension and tax systems face the same problems in Ger at least
United States of America frostibite
Musketeer

Post by frostibite »

War wagons take up too much pop so German's had to stop producing more settlers since they don't have enough houses. It's really unfortunate.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

@Rikikipu Why do you think pension systems are awful?
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:@Rikikipu Why do you think pension systems are awful?

Because I find totally logical that people save money for their own retirement and I don't see the point of paying for other people. No one is benefiting from that, except the first one who went to retirement with the pension system. They didn't had to pay for anyone cause they were the first one. That's a pyramidal system to sum up.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I dont know how pension works cause im too young to be involved. But i guess if i pay every month my pension tax could be the same if i save myself it. Right?
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

It's not really true that the population is decreasing. The GROWTH of the population is decreasing (at least in The Netherlands). There are still more people every year again. After ~2050 we will see a slight decrease.

Right now, there are more young people (18-) than older people (65+), but this won't last long. After 2020-2025 the population of the older people will be more than the younger people and this will grow incredibly fast. This means there is more pressure regarding care and old-age pensions. The consequence is that younger people have to work longer and can't stop at the age of 65. Right now this age is 67 and it seems likely that this age gets higher. From the one side it's not ideal for us, but on the other side, life expectancy increases so that makes possible. However, there should be a hold since the age can't go higher unlimited, I hope the government realises that ;)

This story applies for the Netherlands, but I assume Germany isn't that much of a difference.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Rikikipu wrote:
umeu wrote:If youre poor, you will need children to take care of you when youre old.

I'm not sure since I don't live in a poor country with high demographic curve, but I think because they just randomly fuck as monkeys but without contraception so it ends up that they have a lot of babies and they got even poorer.

Yeh, you don't know anything. Obviously its a vicious circle with education too, which i figured i didnt have to explain... If your parents are poor and poorly educated, you're likely to stay in the same social class. Either they dont have money for contraceptives, religion or culture forbids it, they may not be educated about it, or all of the above.

What you say may be true at facevalue, but it is also an ignorant generalisation which shows complete lack of understanding of the situation most other people on the planet live in.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

MCJim wrote:It's not really true that the population is decreasing. The GROWTH of the population is decreasing (at least in The Netherlands). There are still more people every year again. After ~2050 we will see a slight decrease.

Right now, there are more young people (18-) than older people (65+), but this won't last long. After 2020-2025 the population of the older people will be more than the younger people and this will grow incredibly fast. This means there is more pressure regarding care and old-age pensions. The consequence is that younger people have to work longer and can't stop at the age of 65. Right now this age is 67 and it seems likely that this age gets higher. From the one side it's not ideal for us, but on the other side, life expectancy increases so that makes possible. However, there should be a hold since the age can't go higher unlimited, I hope the government realises that ;)

This story applies for the Netherlands, but I assume Germany isn't that much of a difference.

That's completely true, my bad.
Rikikipu wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:@Rikikipu Why do you think pension systems are awful?

Because I find totally logical that people save money for their own retirement and I don't see the point of paying for other people. No one is benefiting from that, except the first one who went to retirement with the pension system. They didn't had to pay for anyone cause they were the first one. That's a pyramidal system to sum up.

If you take a bunch of money and just let it sit there for 50 years you'll be able to buy less stuff with it than if you had spent it immediately. That's due to inflation. To combat inflation, pension funds invest the money and collect the dividend. Due to the recession of 2008, many pension funds have lost a lot of money, though no one could have seen the recession coming. It doesn't have to be always bad though. Norway's national pension fund currently has 1 trillion USD in the bank.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:If you take a bunch of money and just let it sit there for 50 years you'll be able to buy less stuff with it than if you had spent it immediately. That's due to inflation. To combat inflation, pension funds invest the money and collect the dividend. Due to the recession of 2008, many pension funds have lost a lot of money, though no one could have seen the recession coming. It doesn't have to be always bad though. Norway's national pension fund currently has 1 trillion USD in the bank.

I disagree with you here, because when you place money at bank with the lowest and safest interest, you end up receiving money at exaclty the same rate as the inflation one, in order to never lose money. Maybe Norway is dealing well with pension, but if you do your own one it can always goes well (if it goes bad it's 100% your fault and your issue so). Also I would like to remind you that this kind of system may work well in Norway because from what I know, it's a country really well organized and with really few corruption. Souther you go, less reasonable it seems to make pension funds.