Las Vegas Mass Shooting Thread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Las Vegas Mass Shooting Thread

Post by deleted_user0 »

lordraphael wrote:The USA is not vietnam or afghanistan, those countries are just made for guerilla warfare,scenically speaking, while the USA, for the most part, is not. Anyawys weve strayed pretty far from the OP.

that's not even relevant. the US army never put their full force on the ground. if they did, none of those wars wouldve last that long. but ofcourse (counter)insurgency is different than fighting a normal war.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

This thread is just satire, except that its serious. A ton of people die and then you muricans think it's an appropriate time to defend your gun laws, talk about respect.
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

Jerom wrote:This thread is just satire, except that its serious. A ton of people die and then you muricans think it's an appropriate time to defend your gun laws, talk about respect.

About as appropriate as non Americans weighing in on the topic instead of just offering condolences.
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Yes, its simply satiric.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Jerom wrote:This thread is just satire, except that its serious. A ton of people die and then you muricans think it's an appropriate time to defend your gun laws, talk about respect.
What
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Jerom being Jerom
Pay more attention to detail.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

iwillspankyou wrote:@Gendarme there will be a revolution in USA, very soon (I hope) - cos more and more ppl are awake now and educate themself on political issues. The corupt politicians will be voted out of office and there will be a democratic revolution. That is my sincere hope.
Imagine how it would turn out if ppl started shooting at corupt politicians, the police and the army > marital laws, and army shooting back? Total disaster, and a civil war would come out of that

there won't be a revolution in the us anytime soon lol
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Jerom wrote:Yes, its simply satiric.

learn2approachfrom2sides
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Do you mean to suggest Jerom should have flanked the shooter? Please, show some decency.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

sc wrote:

About as appropriate as non Americans weighing in on the topic instead of just offering condolences.

Then there's nothing to discuss. Everyone just offer your condolences.

And prepare for some more condolences, because things aren't gonna change one bit.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:@Gendarme there will be a revolution in USA, very soon (I hope) - cos more and more ppl are awake now and educate themself on political issues. The corupt politicians will be voted out of office and there will be a democratic revolution. That is my sincere hope.
Imagine how it would turn out if ppl started shooting at corupt politicians, the police and the army > marital laws, and army shooting back? Total disaster, and a civil war would come out of that

The revolution is on right now, a peacefull one, meaning that ppl will vote the corupt politicians out of office. A Bernie Sanders kind of revolution, more accurate speaking.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

>vote corrupt politicians out of office
>vote Trump into the highest office

choose one
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It is sad though that the firearm industry is as large a recreational field as it is a self defense and/or vermin/hunting field, most likely even greater.

There are very real applications for firearms in the United States outside of semi-automatic rifles. The rural populace depends on them. Hunting depends on them as a means of population control and safe recreation and revenue and food. Handguns provide reasonably sized self defense.

The gun industry in America is a multi billion dollar industry. It does not disappear overnight and has large political ties and influence. There are already hundreds of thousands of weapons in the United States. The United States is very large and the frame work for black market gun sales is certainly already established. There are logistical obstacles that must be considered even outside of the very apparent cultural obstacles.

In my opinion there needs to be a large crackdown and/or ban on the firearms which do not satisfy the utilitarian uses of firearms mentioned above. Semi automatic rifles and surely fully automatic rifles fall under this ban. I just find the talk here of an outright gun ban a little too... ignorant?

Nonetheless I agree with posters that find sadness in the almost certain opposition that any sort of restrictive gun legislature will be met with in America. But to simply approach the issue as the antithesis and antithesis alone is as narrow-minded as the typical gun slingin, trigger firin "murican."
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

iwillspankyou wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:

The revolution is on right now, a peacefull one, meaning that ppl will vote the corupt politicians out of office. A Bernie Sanders kind of revolution, more accurate speaking.

I subscribe to those sorts of pages on Facebook, e.g 'I support Bernie Sander' (Because I did support Bernie and imo he only lost because of Hillary etc, that is a story for another day!) They make up complete nonsense about racial inequality. On MTV nowadays its even worse. Until these organisations employ people who have an IQ of above 10, they won't be able to achieve anything.

When Trump a few weeks ago described a clash between Black Lives Matter and the KKK / Confederates, he said both sides were to blame and he was exactly right. It takes two sides to start a fight. Both sides are just as bad. Until the 'revolutionaries' start acting properly and caring about what they do absolutely nothing will happen.

Violence is never the answer and it gets nothing done at all.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I have only one answer to that @JakeyBoyTH :lol:
no further comments :cry:

If you walk in the steets, protesting things like; you dont like facist marching and showing off, I guess you own half the blame if a maniac rams you with a car :uglylol:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Dolan wrote:
sc wrote:

And prepare for some more condolences, because things aren't gonna change one bit.

ye might as well create some programs that releases generic condolences whenever sth like that happens, so basically almost every day, depending on your definition of mass shootings.
Watch him pretty moving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruYeBXudsds
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

iwillspankyou wrote:I have only one answer to that @JakeyBoyTH :lol:
no further comments :cry:

If you walk in the steets, protesting things like; you dont like facist marching and showing off, I guess own half the blame is a maniac rams you with a car :uglylol:

The full blame really is with the driver but I wouldn't walk in the middle of the road - especially in the US!
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:When Trump a few weeks ago described a clash between Black Lives Matter and the KKK / Confederates, he said both sides were to blame and he was exactly right. It takes two sides to start a fight. Both sides are just as bad.
There is a difference between "both sides are bad" and "both sides are just as bad". The notion that BLM is as bad as the KKK is absolutely ridiculous, and of course Trump knows who his supporters are so he will take every opportunity to reiterate it.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Goodspeed wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:When Trump a few weeks ago described a clash between Black Lives Matter and the KKK / Confederates, he said both sides were to blame and he was exactly right. It takes two sides to start a fight. Both sides are just as bad.
There is a difference between "both sides are bad" and "both sides are just as bad". The notion that BLM is as bad as the KKK is absolutely ridiculous, and of course Trump knows who his supporters are so he will take every opportunity to reiterate it.

I don't think he was equating both sides but rather denouncing both. Thats how it should be anyway.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
I don't think he was equating both sides but rather denouncing both. Thats how it should be anyway.
Maybe not, but you were. And given Trump's history, I think he actually should take every opportunity to distance himself from groups like the KKK. A more politically (and morally) correct way of saying it would've been: "Of course we need to do all we can to stop the KKK, but this is not the way to do it".
Instead, again because he knows who his supporters are, he keeps it vague and allows an interpretation where the groups are equally bad. That's what he always does.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Goodspeed wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Maybe not, but you were. And given Trump's history, I think he actually should take every opportunity to distance himself from groups like the KKK. A more politically (and morally) correct way of saying it would've been: "Of course we need to do all we can to stop the KKK, but this is not the way to do it".
Instead, again because he knows who his supporters are, he keeps it vague and allows an interpretation where the groups are equally bad. That's what he always does.

Well at the end of the day thats what politicians do to stay in power. Not much we can do!
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

Dolan wrote:
sc wrote:

Yeah, exactly. Expecting one side of the argument to sit out of a discussion while the other side forges ahead is hypocritical. Too soon? Perhaps, but it's an important issue.
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Well at the end of the day thats what politicians do to stay in power. Not much we can do!
We can at least not listen to him. You literally just said he is "exactly right". That BLM is as bad as the KKK...
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Goodspeed wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Show hidden quotes
We can at least not listen to him. You literally just said he is "exactly right". That BLM is as bad as the KKK...

BLM is a pretty racist organisation to be honest. Both organisations are built on misinformation, prejudice and violence and have no place in the modern world. On the day, thats what matters in terms of Trumps statement, both sides use violence to amplify their message. He was right to denounce both sides equally but some people twist the context of what he says - which of course you need to take with a grain of salt.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Lol. I rest my case.