Las Vegas Mass Shooting Thread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Re: Las Vegas Mass Shooting Thread

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Goodspeed wrote:Lol. I rest my case.

I'm not sure you fully follow. In my view a violent organisation is just as bad as another. Both sides spread disgusting propaganda and influence people to join them. If you take a look at what the modern day KKK is they are essentially a white-power version of BLM. Both sides need to take a long, hard look at themselves. It's not really a laughing matter at all. If you break the law, then you break the law.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Watch "Dear white people". Some much needed perspective.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Goodspeed wrote:Watch "Dear white people". Some much needed perspective.

:dry: sorry for being white then
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

:?:
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Goodspeed wrote:i saw your edit u sneaky

I actually got lost and am confused
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Just watch the show
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

lordraphael wrote: Watch him pretty moving. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruYeBXudsds

In contrast to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvzOH60HqA4

With regards to those of you who don't feel it's okay to bring up topics of gun control, etc right after things like this happens, I feel you. I'm the same way. I cannot do it. I don't wish to discuss it. Processing the feelings takes a lot out of me. Trying to grasp why others don't seem to feel the same way and can just go on as normal deepens the hurt and pain. But, I've learned over the many shootings and other attacks that have occurred over the years that I need for people to talk about how to resolve the issues while things are still fresh in people's minds. People forget things. Life continues on. The memory fades until it's just a shadow that only occasionally emerges. I gain no solace, nothing from these discussions, but perhaps someone else does. I'm glad that people are able to detach from their emotions and discuss things rationally straight away. I envy that.

Thank you all for the discussions. I hope it's been beneficial. To be honest, I've really just skimmed through because nothing is really sinking in. I hope, for those of you who are like me, you can at least appreciate those who are different than us. They are the ones who can set things in motion. Those of you who don't understand, nor don't care that some people take offense to your being able to discuss things like this right now, please be patient with us. Lashing back hurts more. Be patient. Don't try to educate us as to why its important. We already know. It still hurts.

I apologize if I've offended anyone.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night itā€™s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I'd rather watch "Dear Black People," you racist fuck. :chinese:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

XeeleeFlower wrote:
lordraphael wrote: Watch him pretty moving. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruYeBXudsds

In contrast to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvzOH60HqA4

With regards to those of you who don't feel it's okay to bring up topics of gun control, etc right after things like this happens, I feel you. I'm the same way. I cannot do it. I don't wish to discuss it. Processing the feelings takes a lot out of me. Trying to grasp why others don't seem to feel the same way and can just go on as normal deepens the hurt and pain. But, I've learned over the many shootings and other attacks that have occurred over the years that I need for people to talk about how to resolve the issues while things are still fresh in people's minds. People forget things. Life continues on. The memory fades until it's just a shadow that only occasionally emerges. I gain no solace, nothing from these discussions, but perhaps someone else does. I'm glad that people are able to detach from their emotions and discuss things rationally straight away. I envy that.

Thank you all for the discussions. I hope it's been beneficial. To be honest, I've really just skimmed through because nothing is really sinking in. I hope, for those of you who are like me, you can at least appreciate those who are different than us. They are the ones who can set things in motion. Those of you who don't understand, nor don't care that some people take offense to your being able to discuss things like this right now, please be patient with us. Lashing back hurts more. Be patient. Don't try to educate us as to why its important. We already know. It still hurts.

I apologize if I've offended anyone.
I am deeply offended. A pox on you!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Lol. I rest my case.

I'm not sure you fully follow. In my view a violent organisation is just as bad as another. Both sides spread disgusting propaganda and influence people to join them. If you take a look at what the modern day KKK is they are essentially a white-power version of BLM. Both sides need to take a long, hard look at themselves. It's not really a laughing matter at all. If you break the law, then you break the law.

typical phallacy. just because 2 things are wrong, doesn't mean they're equally wrong. and it even remains to be seen if there is something really wrong with BLM. Sure, if you break the law, then you break it. But that's trivial. Not all laws and law-making organs are the same. Polish or any other national resistance broke the law during ww2. So? You're not bound to obey laws that don't protect all humans in society equally. Now I'm not saying the US is in that state of disrepair. And not everything is acceptable, I think a non-violent road is better. But if you can't see the difference between a group that wants equality for all citizens, and demands this equality which is in so many ways denied to them, if necessary by protest and force, and another group that wants to deny basic humanity to about half the worlds population, if necessary by protest and force. If all you see is protest and force if necessary, and then say theyre the same... then you're part of the problem, in a very messed up way. I don't agree with many of BLM's methods and even theories. But they're cause is beyond reproach. Something you can't say for the KKK. and that should count for something, for a whole lot of something.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes

The revolution is on right now, a peacefull one, meaning that ppl will vote the corupt politicians out of office. A Bernie Sanders kind of revolution, more accurate speaking.

I subscribe to those sorts of pages on Facebook, e.g 'I support Bernie Sander' (Because I did support Bernie and imo he only lost because of Hillary etc, that is a story for another day!) They make up complete nonsense about racial inequality. On MTV nowadays its even worse. Until these organisations employ people who have an IQ of above 10, they won't be able to achieve anything.

When Trump a few weeks ago described a clash between Black Lives Matter and the KKK / Confederates, he said both sides were to blame and he was exactly right. It takes two sides to start a fight. Both sides are just as bad. Until the 'revolutionaries' start acting properly and caring about what they do absolutely nothing will happen.

Violence is never the answer and it gets nothing done at all.

both sides are just as bad, i think that's the excuse hitler used when he gassed them. Takes 2 to start a fight... lol you're absolutely insane.
It does takes to sides for a fight, but that doesnt mean both sides need to start it. And let's not make any mistake about where and how this shit started... but more importantly, how its been kept alive until now. Which is the bigger disgrace of the two.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

"Violence is never the answer and it gets nothing done at all."

He's hardly insane.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
It takes two sides to start a fight. Both sides are just as bad.

If I hit you, you're trying to defend yourself after and it ends up in a fight, you'd also say that? :hmm:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

deleted_user wrote:"Violence is never the answer and it gets nothing done at all."

He's hardly insane.

You are insane if you think that all types of violence are the same. 2 sides fought in ww2, but do you really dare to say 2 sides are equally to blame? Theres a difference still between aggression and self-defence. You're also insane if you think that people should just suffer injustice idly. I agree violence is nrver the best answer. But sometimes its the only answer left to people whose voices aren't heard, whose words arent headed.

Freedom is not something that can be given. You can't give it away, and you can't give it back. It can only be taken. If its taken from you, you must take it back. This requires action.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Could also call someone insane for calling another person who is largely reasonable but holds perhaps misguided beliefs insane.

Probably no one in this thread is insane.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/08/white-people/

Some elements of the BLM are just as racist and idiotic as the KKK and the Nazis. They want people who were not slaveowners to pay reparations to those who weren't slaves just because they had the same skin color. Not because they owned slaves or are actually racist, but just because of their skin color.
As for Charlottesville, Antifa, the people who provoked the clashes, aren't your average citizen taking action on the streets against the evil Nazis. They are organised in cells, post lookouts for cops during their riots, give out metal bats with "FK NZI" written on them, throw balloons filled with urine at cops, raise funds to stockpile weapons and bus protestors in from other cities. The white supremacists were peacefully, and legally, marching for their despicable cause when Antifa showed up, looking for trouble. The violence would wholly be Antifa's fault if the kid didn't plow his car into the crowd. Both sides were to blame for the violence.
Trump often gets it right, but I do wish he would very clearly show his abhorrence for white supremacy...his remarks proved very easy for the media to take and spin into their "Trump is a nazi" narrative. Hearing the man complain about the media so much, you'd think he'd be careful to say things they can't hijack as easily
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

http://www.snopes.com/2017/08/24/did-bl ... -up-homes/

a less biased article based on the exact same topic with loooaaadds more context ^ took me like 30 seconds of googling

note the list was written by a BLM organizer to her personal facebook and it in no way reflects the org as a whole. note they were intended suggestions for affluent whites wanting to combat socioeconomic inequality. note the additional quotes from the author about the original list and its and her meaning.

her suggestions could be totally wrong but, ya know, that's not what is being perpetuated by various articles. It'sh all about that narrativesh. BLM so racist for wanting equality after generations of institutionalized actual racism and the leftovers its left.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

stuff like this is why i'm sort of disillusioned with left-leaning organizations. given that this clip is of antifa and not blm, i say they're in a similar boat. so i'm skeptical of folks who choose to identify with these sorts of organizations when these are the people that represent them. at the end of the day i don't need to identify with these organizations to espouse the same core beliefs. i choose not to allow collective groups make up how people perceive me
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

ye you're right.

antifa sucks though.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Cometk wrote:stuff like this is why i'm sort of disillusioned with left-leaning organizations. given that this clip is of antifa and not blm, i say they're in a similar boat. so i'm skeptical of folks who choose to identify with these sorts of organizations when these are the people that represent them. at the end of the day i don't need to identify with these organizations to espouse the same core beliefs. i choose not to allow collective groups make up how people perceive me
Come on thats an extreme example. The vast majority of left leaning people and organizations aren't like that. That person is delusional and belief wise no better than a racist right wing extremist. Not sure why I just said that though cause I realize that I've stopped identifying myself as left leaning because of associations like that lol.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

umeu wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I subscribe to those sorts of pages on Facebook, e.g 'I support Bernie Sander' (Because I did support Bernie and imo he only lost because of Hillary etc, that is a story for another day!) They make up complete nonsense about racial inequality. On MTV nowadays its even worse. Until these organisations employ people who have an IQ of above 10, they won't be able to achieve anything.

When Trump a few weeks ago described a clash between Black Lives Matter and the KKK / Confederates, he said both sides were to blame and he was exactly right. It takes two sides to start a fight. Both sides are just as bad. Until the 'revolutionaries' start acting properly and caring about what they do absolutely nothing will happen.

Violence is never the answer and it gets nothing done at all.

both sides are just as bad, i think that's the excuse hitler used when he gassed them. Takes 2 to start a fight... lol you're absolutely insane.
It does takes to sides for a fight, but that doesnt mean both sides need to start it. And let's not make any mistake about where and how this shit started... but more importantly, how its been kept alive until now. Which is the bigger disgrace of the two.

You can always walk away from a fight champ. Rioting in the streets aren't going to chance peoples opinion its going to make it much worse. To get things done you don't go crying around acting like children, you win by having peaceful protests. Things that make people want to take you seriously. Misinformation, especially in the media, doesn't help anyone.

Just because the KKK are a bunch of racists doesn't mean you should be racist towards them. Everyone knows its history, so lets try and keep it in the past - you certainly don't go about doing that by inciting violence. That will just aggravate the situation.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You can always walk away from a fight champ. Rioting in the streets aren't going to chance peoples opinion its going to make it much worse. To get things done you don't go crying around acting like children, you win by having peaceful protests. Things that make people want to take you seriously. Misinformation, especially in the media, doesn't help anyone.

Just because the KKK are a bunch of racists doesn't mean you should be racist towards them. Everyone knows its history, so lets try and keep it in the past - you certainly don't go about doing that by inciting violence. That will just aggravate the situation.

And you know this because youre a hardcore activist right? For which cause again? Some things won't change unless confronted. You can't walk away from some things, some times you have to stand your ground. Initiating violence is wrong and should be condemned. But that doesnt mean each cause should be equally condemned. You mistake actions with intention. Practice with vision. That just shows a large degree of ignorence about the reason why these groups exist.

Sure everyone knows the past, but many people havent learned from it, including some people om the blm side, no doubt. So until people start to apply those lessons, the past should stay relevant, as it still impacts the present.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

zoom wrote:
I'd rather watch "Dear Black People," you racist fuck. :chinese:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dea ... 397684c473
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Going back to the topic at hand, the killer amassed a whole arsenal of 47 weapons that were found in the hotel room and at his house. This points to a very carefully executed plan that took a lot of time to complete. He bought all the weapons from across 4 different states. This guy had his mind set on this plan for quite a while, this wasn't a snap decision. Renting a hotel room in advance by using someone else's ID, then lugging almost half of that arsenal in the hotel room, that was most likely carefully chosen to have a good vantage point over the country concert.

No fallback plans, no manifesto, no affiliations. If he wanted to just kill lots of random people, he could have picked other events, but he specifically chose a country music concert. It's a well-known fact most country music fans are likely to be Republican voters and gun cause supporters. Without having any other clue or hint about his motives at this point, it seems to me that his purpose was to prove gun ownership supporters how easy it is to get access to a truckload of weapons, haul them to a hotel room and open fire on an unaware crowd of the self-same pro-gunners. So now their own families will feel on their own skin what gun ownership can do if left unrestrained in the hands of whomever may happen to use them.

This is just a hypothesis at this point, though, and it could happen that more things will come out once his girlfriend gets questioned, that could topple this interpretation completely.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Some videos indicate the shots were fired from a lower floor. Some "experts" even say that 2 different weapons were fired at the same time.
[Sith] - Baphomet