Medium sized drinks vs large drinks

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.

Drink size

Medium
55%
Large
45%

Total votes: 29

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Medium sized drinks vs large drinks

Post by deleted_user »

_NiceKING_ wrote:McDonald’s offers soft drinks of any size for just $1.

It's a great way to get people addicted to soda in an increasingly obese nation.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I would rather be obese than not have soda. I have soda addiction and get fatter by the day but taste goo
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

evilcheadar wrote:I would rather be obese than not have soda. I have soda addiction and get fatter by the day but taste goo

'murica
Top quality poster.
United States of America godzillaking
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by godzillaking »

I quit drinking soda. It was hard, but it is so bad in America. Just look at the amount of sugar in it. Coincidental that I lost weight and feel so much better several months removed from it?
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

My fitness pal says karbachs hopadillo ipa has no sugar in it yet I'm feeling fatter by the day :mad:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Well yesh cuz calories.

They seriously need to teach simple caloric awareness and personal nutrition in middle school health class. Sooooo much misinformation and misguided beliefs out there. Misleading pyramid is misleading.

I mean I can cut 300 calories out of a Jimmy John's sandwich by just omitting mayonnaise - and mayonnaise is definitely not helping me feel more full or preventing me from getting hungry earlier. It's just ridiculous! Read the labels people! Drink less soda!

There's hardly any reason to consume liquid calories on a consistent basis that isn't alcohol or maybe milk.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

deleted_user wrote:Well yesh cuz calories.
There's hardly any reason to consume liquid calories on a consistent basis that isn't alcohol or maybe milk.

Or pear juice to go with rum :!:
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

deleted_user wrote:Well yesh cuz calories.

They seriously need to teach simple caloric awareness and personal nutrition in middle school health class. Sooooo much misinformation and misguided beliefs out there. Misleading pyramid is misleading.

I mean I can cut 300 calories out of a Jimmy John's sandwich by just omitting mayonnaise - and mayonnaise is definitely not helping me feel more full or preventing me from getting hungry earlier. It's just ridiculous! Read the labels people! Drink less soda!

Soda tastes good, that's a reason to consume liquid calories. Similar to the way people choose to take in iced calories, because ice cream tastes good.

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

deleted_user wrote:

It's a great way to get people addicted to soda in an increasingly obese nation.

Can you blame the companies though? There are McDonalds everywhere, also in the NL, yet we have very low obesity rates.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Jerom wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

Can you blame the companies though? There are McDonalds everywhere, also in the NL, yet we have very low obesity rates.

Only Americans are affected by (((calories)))
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

From experience the easiest way to lose weight/feel better is too cook your own food. People tend to eat out way too often and eat unhealthy processed food. That way you'll consume much less sugar/bad quality salt/bad fats. Although it's hard to resist a coke at fast food places, just drink water rest of the time. The diet: lots of vegetables especially greens, lots of good fats, moderate amount of protein, low/moderate (depending on weight loss target) amount of carbs.
I think doing that without necessarily focusing on calories, drinking 1.5L+ of water per day and walking 30min+ every morning beats any strict weight loss diet in the long run. cheat day once a week
I've been asked many times how can french people be so fit while eating baguette and butter. Answer: We cook our own food, eat out less often (if we do it's either to a proper restaurant or relatively healthy sandwiches at the bakery), drink less sodas/eat less unhealthy sauces, eat less in general, take the time to have proper meals and walk more.
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

benj89 wrote:From experience the easiest way to lose weight/feel better is too cook your own food. People tend to eat out way too often and eat unhealthy processed food. That way you'll consume much less sugar/bad quality salt/bad fats. Although it's hard to resist a coke at fast food places, just drink water rest of the time. The diet: lots of vegetables especially greens, lots of good fats, moderate amount of protein, low/moderate (depending on weight loss target) amount of carbs.
I think doing that without necessarily focusing on calories, drinking 1.5L+ of water per day and walking 30min+ every morning beats any strict weight loss diet in the long run.
I've been asked many times how can french people be so fit while eating baguette and butter. Answer: We cook our own food, eat out less often (if we do it's either to a proper restaurant or relatively healthy sandwiches at the bakery), drink less sodas/eat less unhealthy sauces, eat less in general, take the time to have proper meals and walk more.

Would making my own soda using a sodastream carbonator also be healthier?

Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

I replaced soda with sparkling water
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

evilcheadar wrote:
benj89 wrote:From experience the easiest way to lose weight/feel better is too cook your own food. People tend to eat out way too often and eat unhealthy processed food. That way you'll consume much less sugar/bad quality salt/bad fats. Although it's hard to resist a coke at fast food places, just drink water rest of the time. The diet: lots of vegetables especially greens, lots of good fats, moderate amount of protein, low/moderate (depending on weight loss target) amount of carbs.
I think doing that without necessarily focusing on calories, drinking 1.5L+ of water per day and walking 30min+ every morning beats any strict weight loss diet in the long run.

heard it doesn't taste good. might as well stick to regular soda
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

If you're looking for a healthier alternative to soda try Mio flavored water. It comes in caffeinated version too.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

evilcheadar wrote:

I have that, but it doesn't make any difference from normal soda afaik. I usually only use it to make sparkling water and it's great.
I think artificial sweeteners might be a good alternative to sugar but the best thing one can do imo is to get used to eating less sweet stuff in general. Same goes for salt. Once you start eating less of it, you don't feel like you really miss it as much.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think doing that without necessarily focusing on calories, drinking 1.5L+ of water per day and walking 30min+ every morning beats any strict weight loss diet in the long run. cheat day once a week

I think going out for food is a very American thing. At least in the netherlands and seemingly in most EU countries Ive been to it's just common to cook your own food very frequently. I would say I go for fast food (order pizza usually, which isn't even that bad) once per month, maybe twice, on average, and maybe go out for dinner once (but then actually fancy dinner not mc donalds dinner).
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

go to the butchers and buy some nice meat, go to the green grocers and buy some nice vegetables, get some herbs and spices and learn to cook- cheaper,healthier,tastier and fun.

As for medium vs large drinks- is this a straight fight between gin and tonic and a pint? in which case why not go for both?
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

oats13 wrote:go to the butchers and buy some nice meat, go to the green grocers and buy some nice vegetables, get some herbs and spices and learn to cook- cheaper,healthier,tastier and fun.

As for medium vs large drinks- is this a straight fight between gin and tonic and a pint? in which case why not go for both?

The "green" grocers ain't cheaper

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I eat out close to once a day and its great! I wouldn't want to live any other way.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

@oats13 Who are you and why have you been inactive all this time?
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America godzillaking
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by godzillaking »

gibson wrote:I eat out close to once a day and its great! I wouldn't want to live any other way.

When you are in your early 20's its no big deal. When your metabolism slows down you blow up.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

evilcheadar wrote:
oats13 wrote:go to the butchers and buy some nice meat, go to the green grocers and buy some nice vegetables, get some herbs and spices and learn to cook- cheaper,healthier,tastier and fun.

The "green" grocers ain't cheaper

Well, they are here in UK
Gendarme wrote:@oats13 Who are you and why have you been inactive all this time?

An unintended digital detox........ whom am I? indeed.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Uh oh we got a potential smurf problem on our hands boiz
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

I feel the phrasing could suggest the sarcasm slightly better with more time spent- c+