EU4 Multiplayer Campaign – New Dawn of the Cradle

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

EU4 Multiplayer Campaign – New Dawn of the Cradle

Post by hleung »

As far as I am aware of, there are quite a number of people on ESOC who play Europa Universalis 4 regularly as well. As PDS is going to release yet another DLC and free update, I thought it might be an interesting idea to start a multiplayer campaign focusing on the Middle East - worth trying out the new stuff there, and perhaps a few of you might be interested in joining the multiplayer campaign if I take the brave pill and mention it here. Without further ado, the details are as follows.

Event: EU4 Multiplayer Campaign – New Dawn of the Cradle, from 1444 to 1821 with all DLCs (N.B.: Only hosts need the DLCs, and I will be the person hosting anyway)

Time: Every Sunday from 1900 to 2200 GMT, starting from 19th November (excluding 24th and 31st December, and 7th January), until the end of campaign

Regions available for sign-ups (one player per region): Italy, Maghreb, Balkans, Anatolia, Egypt, Horn of Africa, Pontic Steppe, Caucasia, Mashriq, Arabia, Central Asia, Persia, Khorasan, Hindustan, Western India, Bengal, Deccan and Coromandel.

Lobby Name: New Dawn of the Cradle
Password: cradle
(Lobby usually opens at ~1845 GMT, 15 minutes before the starting time)

In order to enhance the interaction between players and make announcements and updates more convenient, you are encouraged to join the discord server at the very least, and the steam group if you would like to follow more updates (links down below).

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/EHwrp92
Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PaInMu

And as usual for most PDS games, there is a set of house rules to follow:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PaInMu ... 260320455/

As for the sign-ups, please follow the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

(N.B.: Please use your in-game name to sign up. Sign-ups close on Sunday the 19th at 1800 GMT. The list of available regions will expand if more slots are needed. We will be selecting countries in the regions we sign up for at the beginning of the campaign in the lobby.)

If you ask me, I am definitely looking forward to the multiplayer campaign (or seeing how (un)successful my advertisement is). Hope to see a few of you there. :flowers:

hleung

P.S.: For those who are playing the Autumn Tourney but are worried about not being able to show up due to tourney matches, please don't worry - just let me know if you have a tourney match to play and your country will be protected for that session. :flowers:

Edit (11 November, 2017): Just updated the trophies for the top three players of the campaign. Please refer to: viewtopic.php?f=315&t=12682#p268101 for details.

Second Edit (15 November, 2017): Updated the link to the newer version of sign-up sheet. Also, please refer to viewtopic.php?f=315&t=12682&start=25#p268946 for another big update regarding region availability for sign-ups and tributary rules when Ming come knocking on your doorsteps.
Attachments
EU4 v1.23 Rules for MP Campaign.pdf
(73.77 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Re: EU4 Multiplayer Campaign – New Dawn of the Cradle

Post by musketeer925 »

Good game, I don’t have enough time to pay it anymore and am like 5 DLCs behind though.

This gonna be streamed?
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

musketeer925 wrote:Good game, I don’t have enough time to pay it anymore and am like 5 DLCs behind though.

This gonna be streamed?

Well the good thing is, in multiplayer campaigns, only the host needs all the DLCs, and I have tanked with my "ducats" a bit and will do so again when they release the next DLC. Too bad you don't have the time. :sad:

Depending on how successful the initial response is (as in how many people are actually playing the campaign), I might stream it. :chinese:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Im in!
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Im in!

Nice. Have you got a specific region in mind? :smile:
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

i wont be getting the dlc i think. Looks very promissing but i cant afford it rn :( .I might be in for this, altho im not the biggest fan of multyplayer in eu4.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

lordraphael wrote:i wont be getting the dlc i think. Looks very promissing but i cant afford it rn :( .I might be in for this, altho im not the biggest fan of multyplayer in eu4.

Yes, the expansion is kind of expensive, but as someone who loves playing EU4, I cannot resist the temptation. :P

Please let me know if you're in and sign up for a region - or just join us in the very last minute when you see me hosting the campaign; or if you want, you can always shoot me a PM and we can do some co-op as well. :flowers:
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

musketeer925 wrote:Good game, I don’t have enough time to pay it anymore and am like 5 DLCs behind though.

This gonna be streamed?

I am pretty much in the same position
Top quality poster.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Game changes so much when you are than many DLC behind (and haven’t played any of the corresponding free updates either). I’d barely know how to play anymore.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Laurence Drake wrote:

This gonna be streamed?

I am pretty much in the same position

Yep, you told me earlier today - though I was kind of expecting you to show up :P

musketeer925 wrote:Game changes so much when you are than many DLC behind. I’d barely know how to play anymore.

Well 5 DLCs aren't really that bad, although it is true that it can take quite a while to learn all the new mechanics (like zone of control) and the changes. Perhaps I haven't noticed it much because of the time I invested into the game recently, but being rusty and not up-to-date can be demotivating. :sad:
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

I about spilled my drink laughing reading the title. Dawn of the Cradle is a hilarious name.

I think I deleted the game a long time ago, and if I downloaded it it wouldn't work anyway, since legitimate and pirate copies of the game don't work together. Maybe you can host a LAN game or whatever they call it. That might work.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

lejend wrote:I about spilled my drink laughing reading the title. Dawn of the Cradle is a hilarious name.

I think I deleted the game a long time ago, and if I downloaded it it wouldn't work anyway, since legitimate and pirate copies of the game don't work together. Maybe you can host a LAN game or whatever they call it. That might work.

You'd probably go afk halfway through anyway
Top quality poster.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

afaik the expansion is just called the "cradle of civilisation" , simply because that region is the focus of this DLC. What they should do next is to implement more national decisions, historical events, missions etc. Could be done as a free update easily. Basically just take the countless mods out there revise them and add it to the game.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

The DLC/update focuses on civilizations in the Mesopotamian region, where the first human agricultural societies were founded. Hence the name "cradle of civilization".
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

lejend wrote:I about spilled my drink laughing reading the title. Dawn of the Cradle is a hilarious name.

Well I was trying to come up with a name that wouldn't be so dull and this came up to my mind just because of the name of the DLC and what mechanics it gives to the area. But of course this also created an unintentional effect like you just mentioned. :P

Not sure about LAN game - it requires everyone to get on something like GR for it to work properly, and I doubt it would be practical at all. And if you are just going to go afk half-way through, well... :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Woow, teach me, quite literally, I have it but can't really play :o
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

pecelot wrote:Woow, teach me, quite literally, I have it but can't really play :o

Surely I think quite a few of us can teach you, or maybe there's a plot twist - you know even more than we do. :P

But anyway, if you have the time, I don't see why not - just shoot us a message on discord. :flowers:

But then, do you really have the time? :maniac:
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Just a quick update. In order to encourage and motivate more players joining the upcoming EU4 multiplayer campaign while increasing the competitiveness of the campaign, I am now announcing the trophies that shall be awarded to the top three players of the campaign. The trophies are as follows:

1st place: Cradle of Civilization Expansion + Content Pack (or any EU4 expansion + content pack; or any games/DLCs up to £20 or local equivalent)
2nd place: Cradle of Civilization Expansion (or any EU4 expansion; or any games/DLCs up to £15 or local equivalent)
3rd place: Cradle of Civilization Content Pack (or any EU4 content pack; or any games/DLCs up to £5 or local equivalent)

This is the very first time we introduce trophies and these trophies do look quite attractive, especially when they are funded by my wallet only. I hope it is decent enough to provide the motivation for more of you to sign up and compete in the upcoming EU4 multiplayer campaign.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

@pecelot hmu tomorrow fam, we make poland great again
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:@pecelot hmu tomorrow fam, we make poland great again

and my prussia shall eat it once goosestep has been reached
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

lordraphael wrote:

Can you even play prussia in this campaign?
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
lordraphael wrote:

You can form and play as Prussia. :chinese:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

hleung wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Culture switch to germanic/prussian/whatever you need and form prussia? :hmm:
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
hleung wrote:
Show hidden quotes

you need to be of germanic culture. Be protestant/ reformed, own both danzig and königsberg and have admin tech level 10. Saddest part is the religion switch. Catholic and orthodox are the best religions in my eyes.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
hleung wrote:
Show hidden quotes

well if you play as Brandenburg right off the start, you don't have to culture shift. Just take Danzig, Konigsberg and the few key provinces, then get to admin tech 10 with protestant as state religion and do the magic switch. :P