ESOC Crypto Corner

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: ESOC Crypto Corner

Post by momuuu »

Goodspeed wrote:
Gendarme wrote:With $50 your best bet is an ICO. I myself invested $100 into Krios which seems like a great project.
How is it new?
Reading about this I'm getting some real dotcom flashbacks lol. Just do something that's already been done but add tokens/crypto to it and you will automatically get a ton of investors. So many of these startups are exactly that.

Actually iirc amazon was part of the big dotcom crash. After that they just continued and they are that huge company that they are right now. So if this is really like the dotcom crash, then some bitcoin currencies might prevail in the end.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

bitcoin currencies
Lmao
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Dont ridicule me for being totally out of the loop with any terminology. I'm just trying to suggest maybe the best bitcoin thing (better now, you fucking nazi) will pull an amazon.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

<3
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

momuuu wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Gendarme wrote:With $50 your best bet is an ICO. I myself invested $100 into Krios which seems like a great project.
How is it new?
Reading about this I'm getting some real dotcom flashbacks lol. Just do something that's already been done but add tokens/crypto to it and you will automatically get a ton of investors. So many of these startups are exactly that.

Actually iirc amazon was part of the big dotcom crash. After that they just continued and they are that huge company that they are right now. So if this is really like the dotcom crash, then some bitcoin currencies might prevail in the end.
I'm aware. My money is on Ripple (literally) because it has an actual use case and targets a massive market. Proof of concept is already there.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I was thinking maybe after a big crash I might invest some in whatever company people think is best. I'd have 100 bucks to invest at most though.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Gendarme wrote:
bitcoin currencies
Lmao

Deserves another Lmao.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

LmaoCoin?
Whenever you "Lmao" you generate new coins.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

I would make a billion a day just by reading some of the comments on this forum!
[Sith] - Baphomet
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

I think Ripple deserves more Lmao than Jerom's quote.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

The reason I didn't Lmao RIPple is because I am actually buying some more.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon

Post by Radix_Lecti »

omg. this is crashing hard. Remember that dutch guy who sold his house for BTC and is now living in a trailer. He was a father of 2 as well.
I considered getting in with a grant I had received from the government mistakenly and which I now have to pay back, glad I didnt use it for investing in BTC. omg. :biggrin:
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Let's hope he bought a big trailer.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Up we go again, at last. Let's hope the rollercoaster ends soon.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Probably need those CMI contracts to expire tomorrow(?) And the other contracts a week latersh.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag cblack
Musketeer

Post by cblack »

Goodspeed wrote:
momuuu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I'm aware. My money is on Ripple (literally) because it has an actual use case and targets a massive market. Proof of concept is already there.

Lul, XRP is a shit coin. You realize that all of the banks using "Ripple" technology is not the same as using the token? SO many misinformed people on this website.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

cbrown1170 wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Lul, XRP is a shit coin. You realize that all of the banks using "Ripple" technology is not the same as using the token? SO many misinformed people on this website.
Indeed there are. And by informing yourself you can make that one less ;)

Imagine if I receive a million dollar payment from a bank in Thailand. And then I want to wire that million dollars over a conventional, US domestic payment system. What does my bank do with the Thai bankā€™s token?

Banks tokens can be used for payment and netting. But they canā€™t be used to settle without millions of dollars being invested with no way to make revenue from that investment. We can be pretty sure banks arenā€™t going to do this because they havenā€™t done it. You donā€™t need a blockchain or Ripple to have a private token.

So why might XRP be the universal settlement asset, or at least capture a significant amount of that market?

Well, first, why a settlement asset at all? Because it concentrates liquidity. This is why many international payments today go through US dollars. If youā€™re going from Singapore dollars to Thai Bhat, thereā€™s usually not enough direct liquidity, so you go through an intermediary.

And, second, why a digital asset rather than using dollars? Because digital assets are universal. Anyone, anywhere can hold XRP, Bitcoin, or Ethereum, and itā€™s the exact same asset everyone else is holding. They can transfer them anywhere in the world in a short period of time. They donā€™t require a counterparty to hold them. And they canā€™t be debased by any one government.

So, lastly, why XRP? Again, several reasons. XRP has a decent amount of liquidity already, beaten only by two or three others. It provides full confirmation much faster than any other major asset. It supports much higher transaction rates than any other such asset. It has features such as on-ledger escrow, payment channels, key rotation, and managed multisign that optimize it for this exact use case.

But most importantly, it has Ripple, the company. Ripple holds more than 60 billion XRP. So Ripple can justify spending millions of dollars incentivizing institutions and traders to make the pools of liquidity needed. Ripple is also committed to continuing to innovate and deliver to keep XRP positioned specifically for this use case. Nobody is doing that for any other asset.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Choo Choo...
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Ugh please stay down a couple more days :sad:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Goodspeed wrote:Ugh please stay down a couple more days :sad:

you wanna buy more?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Allah smiled upon him and crashed the market right after he temporarily sold his crypto. He is looking to get back in now.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yeah.. I sold about half of my XRP at $2.40, so if it goes past that before I can get back in I'll be pretty mad.
No Flag cblack
Musketeer

Post by cblack »

Goodspeed wrote:Yeah.. I sold about half of my XRP at $2.40, so if it goes past that before I can get back in I'll be pretty mad.

Don't expect that shitcoin to go past $2.40 again. Even a moneygram partnership can't save that sorry coin.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

You sound like someone who bought BTC at $17k and then panic sold it yesterday at $10k.
But I'll play along. Why is XRP a shit "coin"?
Did you read the quote I posted earlier?
Did you even do any research on it at all? Or are you just repeating FUD you picked up at whatever echo chamber you reside in?
Of course, nothing is certain. It's still a risky investment. But it's obvious that XRP, in a sea of coins and tokens with questionable use cases, stands out.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Oh Smart! So omniscient, yet so naive...