Trump shenanigans will be exposed. Flynn are comming clean

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America godzillaking
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Re: Trump shenanigans will be exposed. Flynn are comming clean

Post by godzillaking »

gibson wrote:
godzillaking wrote:msnbc and cnn are doing everything in their power make trump look bad. Lot of it turns into fake news. Careful what you focus on when it comes to propaganda

cnn and msnbc are partisan sensationalism, not fake news.
This is actual fake news

http://nationalreport.net/

While I do agree with you about partisan sensationalism. Fake news is not the same as posts from an site that is obvious satire.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Trump declares Jerusalem is Israel's capital ...
:?
:shock:
:hmm:
:o
:lol:

What the fuck is the plan here?

Create chaos and jump ship?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Wow cool dude
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

phpBB [video]

Now Mueller have he bankaccounts, and maybe we will see the taxreturns soon :P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

godzillaking wrote:
gibson wrote:
godzillaking wrote:msnbc and cnn are doing everything in their power make trump look bad. Lot of it turns into fake news. Careful what you focus on when it comes to propaganda

cnn and msnbc are partisan sensationalism, not fake news.
This is actual fake news

http://nationalreport.net/

While I do agree with you about partisan sensationalism. Fake news is not the same as posts from an site that is obvious satire.
you're right, I was on mobile and wasn't able to quickly find a legit fake news website.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

gibson wrote:
godzillaking wrote:
Show hidden quotes

you're right, I was on mobile and wasn't able to quickly find a legit fake news website.

gibson is fake news!!!!

am I doing thish right?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

Who is? While they are sensationalist they are reporting facts. Like Goodweed said, the administration does enough things to make themselves look bad.
mad cuz bad
United States of America frostibite
Musketeer

Post by frostibite »

Sources: MSNBC and CNN

LOL
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

God I just want this presidential term to end so badly and for all the loonies to go back into their rightfully ostracized loony bins.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

frostibite wrote:Sources: MSNBC and CNN

LOL

They donā€™t report facts? I donā€™t disagree they sensationalize, itā€™s cable news after all.
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Where would you propose to get news? Fox? Brietbart? Infowars?
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

NPRsh besht newsh
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I get my news from several sourses, TYT Nation are very good imo. Other sourses are TheRealNews, BBC news, Democracy Now, WeAreChange, The Humanist Report, Secular talk (all progressives ;).) Your should check them out 2 :!:
Randomly watch CNN and MSNBC on issues I want to follow up on. And of corse Norwegian news 2 :P

Im not very fond of CNN and MSNBS. One example, how much air time did these 24/7 cable news talk about Net neutrality? Very Very little - only a few minutes all in all. :o

Sometimes though, CNN makes reports like this mindboggling one; https://youtu.be/cy0TrP1S6T0 - https://youtu.be/5YH6uyP-t60 and https://youtu.be/-5NW6Xs30wM got to give them some credit :flowers:
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

iwillspankyou wrote:I get my news from several sourses, TYT Nation are very good imo. Other sourses are TheRealNews, BBC news, Democracy Now, WeAreChange, The Humanist Report, Secular talk (all progressives ;).) Your should check them out 2 :!:
Randomly watch CNN and MSNBC on issues I want to follow up on. And of corse Norwegian news 2 :P

Im not very fond of CNN and MSNBS. One example, how much air time did these 24/7 cable news talk about Net neutrality? Very Very little - only a few minutes all in all. :o

YouTube 'news' channels are left wing Fox news. They aren't news channels, they are opinion channels. Tyt is the only one that hires journalists however.
Error 404: Signature not found
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I share those opinions @noissance - a lot of them anyways. And you get news there, that you will not othervice get. I will recomend you take a look before you put your thumb down.
United States of America godzillaking
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by godzillaking »

gibson wrote:
godzillaking wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You learn something new everyday
Musketeer

Post by frostibite »

n0el wrote:
frostibite wrote:Sources: MSNBC and CNN

LOL

They donā€™t report facts? I donā€™t disagree they sensationalize, itā€™s cable news after all.

They exaggerate anything anti-trump and hush anything pro-trump. Most of the stuff they report on and make predictions on never end up happening to the extent to which they originally portrayed.

Fox is the same way on the other side of the fence.
Musketeer

Post by frostibite »

n0el wrote:Where would you propose to get news? Fox? Brietbart? Infowars?

I propose that you watch as many different news sources as you can and take all of them with a grain of salt. There are no news organizations that are purely neutral anymore. The news picks and chooses what it wants you to focus/think about. There is not enough information technology in the entire world to relay everything that goes on in this world on a daily basis. You are spoon fed what the news wants you to know for whatever reason they have (usually it's to steer you in a political direction)
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Alternatively you could employ a bit of those things called prudence, rationale, and common sense.

A healthy dose of apathy might not hurt either.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Out of US news sources I like the Washington Post, generally. Worldwide, BBC is great.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

For me basically the same regarding US news: Washington Post, New York Times even and the Economist for more scientific input - they at least want and have to preserve image and dignity and underly most articles (I merely don't say all because you can't read ALL articles ever published) with legit sources.

I do understand the insecurity of many American citizens regarding news and you really can't blame them if even their President doesn't promote common sense and rational thought. The whole media blaming didn't and doesn't happen because of Trumps insight or knowledge, you have to see it as part of the Trump or rather Steve Bannon strategy that brought Trump to presidency in the first place. Taking full advantage of sensationalist media itself by spreading fear and misinformation (fake news) to then blame all media outlets as a whole for spreading fake news, completely suppressing any real discussion brought up by legit media sources (debunking fake news with common sense based on reliable and scientifically acknowledged data) by diverting the attention. The Trump administration is really all about attention and diverting attention.

Going back to the original topic, by now you can be sure that Trump or his inner circle is involved in some sort of highly doubtful activities, but It's still way too early to judge which one is true or not from our point of view. The checks and balances system is working just fine rn, you can say it passes the Trump stresstest at this point (except for the new tax reforms) so we just gotta wait for a decision by the law.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Out of curiosity, is anyone in this thread familiar with Project Veritas?
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

iwillspankyou wrote:I get my news from several sourses, TYT Nation are very good imo. Other sourses are TheRealNews, BBC news, Democracy Now, WeAreChange, The Humanist Report, Secular talk (all progressives ;).) Your should check them out 2 :!:
Randomly watch CNN and MSNBC on issues I want to follow up on. And of corse Norwegian news 2

These seem like neutral and objective sources of information. It is totally not an echochamber. :?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Gendarme wrote:Out of curiosity, is anyone in this thread familiar with Project Veritas?

The web site which only runs pieces against NYT and WaPo? Which was behind the failed sting against WaPo? And then who's founder has the gall to publish a book, "fight for truth in the era of fake news?"

And for what, exactly, does he go after them for? Literal fake news? Fiction passed as fact? No, nothing remotely incriminating -- just bias against the most polarizing American president in History who oozes classlessness, disrespect, and unpresidential demeanor. Oh, nothing new.

It's "undercover journalism" edited down to the most convenient sound bites with just as much bias and agenda as any other group he's slandering.

Prudence, rationale, common sense!