Cooking

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Cooking

Post by deleted_user0 »

SenorCallen wrote:what is the point of being vegan

Sweet, vegan-meat warzzz!!

@gibson if the fat man with a moustache in the shop around the corner is snuddys wife, then yes, his wife makes it for him
United States of America rickytickitembo
Dragoon
ESO: RickyTickiTembo

Post by rickytickitembo »

- Healthier
- Better for the environment
- Perdue and large corporations basically torture chickens, cattle, etc (if you watch the documentaries on Netflix you'll realize how terrible the conditions are)

Don't get me wrong I love me a good steak but I've been trying to eat more on the vegan/vegetarian side.
My favorite donut is chocolate Aiz.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

umeu wrote:

Sweet, vegan-meat warzzz!!

@gibson if the fat man with a moustache in the shop around the corner is snuddys wife, then yes, his wife makes it for him

my vegan god is way goddier than your meat god! I'm currently preparing the crusade, brace yourself!
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

I have a simple fried chicken recipe from my gmas cook book that I'll share.
"Pollo Broaster"
Butterfly Chicken Breast(s)
Get two plates (about the size of the chicken breast) and pour cornmeal (breading) on one and use the other for an egg wash (beat 1 egg per 2 chicken breasts).
Pat the chicken onto the egg wash and then onto the cornmeal (both sides)
Season with salt (to taste), pepper (lightly), and ajinomoto (umami seasoning) the last one is important :P
Then fry them up in a medium hot pan for 4 - 5 minutes per side (until golden brown)
I usually prepare these in pairs. Enjoy! :biggrin:
De Funk
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

rickytickitembo wrote:

- Healthier
- Perdue and large corporations basically torture chickens, cattle, etc (if you watch the documentaries on Netflix you'll realize how terrible the conditions are)

Don't get me wrong I love me a good steak but I've been trying to eat more on the vegan/vegetarian side.

1) not true. That's such an oversimplification it loses all value.
2) true to a certain extent, but still doesn't explain why you should be vegan over vegetarian.
3) true, but what if you don't care about that? also, this is an argument against the western-style meat industry, not necessarily against eating meat in general.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

umeu wrote:
rickytickitembo wrote:

- Healthier

2) true to a certain extent, but still doesn't explain why you should be vegan over vegetarian.
3) true, but what if you don't care about that? also, this is an argument against the western-style meat industry, not necessarily against eating meat in general.

care to explain why?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

tedere12 wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

care to explain why?

why what?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

If they choose to, if they enjoy it, if it produces a smaller footprint on the environment, and if it errs on the side of morally just -- "why not?" becomes the better question.

And the answer is because meat is very, very delicious.

I've never felt the need to get in an argument with someone over what they choose to eat. I've never tried to tell someone what they choose to eat is wrong. I find vegetarianism and its variants even admirable. That's just my take that no one asked for on this debate.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I don't care much about the ethics , I just want to be healthy, look healthy, and save money. Legumes and soy products are way cheaper than meat and dairy. Also vegan dishes are IMO easier to prepare. I still eat meat when my parents force feed me on christmas :?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

deleted_user wrote:If they choose to, if they enjoy it, if it produces a smaller footprint on the environment, and if it errs on the side of morally just -- "why not?" becomes the better question.

And the answer is because meat is very, very delicious.

I've never felt the need to get in an argument with someone over what they choose to eat. I've never tried to tell someone what they choose to eat is wrong. I find vegetarianism and its variants even admirable. That's just my take that no one asked for on this debate.

If it was a response to me, then you must've misread what i said. Otherwise, carry on
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'll carry on!
No Flag dave_12
Skirmisher

Post by dave_12 »

Markus Ruehl Fish Soup

- 1 can of tuna (150g, get the ones without oil)
- 2 rice waffles
- some pepper
- some salt
- 500ml water
- mix it up
- enjoy your 45 gramms of protein + some carbs + good taste drinkable taste
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Bananas

Peel
eat
nicey
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

tedere12 wrote:I don't care much about the ethics , I just want to be healthy, look healthy, and save money. Legumes and soy products are way cheaper than meat and dairy. Also vegan dishes are IMO easier to prepare. I still eat meat when my parents force feed me on christmas :?

Why do you think its healthier to eat vegan compared to eating some good (no cheap) meat now and then?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
tedere12 wrote:I don't care much about the ethics , I just want to be healthy, look healthy, and save money. Legumes and soy products are way cheaper than meat and dairy. Also vegan dishes are IMO easier to prepare. I still eat meat when my parents force feed me on christmas :?

Why do you think its healthier to eat vegan compared to eating some good (no cheap) meat now and then?

in what way is meat benefical to your health? And yes I guess you can eat junk now and then and get away with it in every diet if you try to eat healthy in general.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

tedere12 wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:

in what way is meat benefical to your health? And yes I guess you can eat junk now and then and get away with it in every diet if you try to eat healthy in general.

How does not being a vegan imply you eat junkfood every day?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Jerom wrote:
tedere12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

It doesn't. However there is no denial that the vegan diet is the healthiest amongst all other diets. Is that a general question or you are asking because of something I said? If so you might want to re-read my post
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I sincerely doubt a vegan diet is healthier. If anyone would pay that much attention to what he was eating any diet would be very healthy. The truth is that you have to pay close attention to what you eat as a vegan because you risk some defficiencies while you do not really risk those witha normal diet.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

i think this post was not made to go off topic ... to disscus about vegans
makes me sad
shit juice :hmm:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

tedere12 wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

It doesn't. However there is no denial that the vegan diet is the healthiest amongst all other diets. Is that a general question or you are asking because of something I said? If so you might want to re-read my post

there's actually quite a lot of debate about that. so I don't see how you can just through around statements like that lol...
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Jerom wrote:I sincerely doubt a vegan diet is healthier. If anyone would pay that much attention to what he was eating any diet would be very healthy. The truth is that you have to pay close attention to what you eat as a vegan because you risk some defficiencies while you do not really risk those witha normal diet.

I guess you have done 0 research on the topic.
Take a look at these links:
Vegan Less Heart Disease: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073139/
Vegan 63% less Hypertension: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4144107/
Vegans 10% less Hypothyroidism: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21983060/
Vegan Less Mortality: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamain ... le/1710093
Vegans have lower IGF-1: http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/ce ... 1.full.pdf
Vegans have 15% lower total cancer: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26853923
Whole food vegan diet unclogs arteries clinical trial: http://dresselstyn.com/JFP_06307_Article1.pdf
and the list goes on and on.
anyways this is my last post concerning veganism. If you want to debate veganism its probably better to make a new thread.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Like for most things, being in the excess is bad. While this is true for eating meat (we probably eat way too much meat compared to what we need/what is good for the environment etc), it is imo also true for being a vegan. I don't think we need to eat absolutely no meat, no eggs or whatever other products coming from animals... If anything it's unhealthy to not eat that, and if everyone was just eating meat in reasonable amounts, it would probably be fine for the environment and the animal living conditions or w/e.
Also like umeu said you can still choose to eat better quality meat. Yes, it's more expensive. But then, just eat less often meat, but better quality one, and you'll find a balance where you eat healthy/you respect animals/you respect the environment/you can enjoy a good steak from time to time/you don't throw your money down the drain.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Hopefully, this post will bring back the balance.

Rice with orange-colour sauce
-1 glass of rice (~250gr)
-3 (maybe more) glasses of water
-1 lemon
-tomato sauce (preferably plain, not the prepared ones)
-1/2 orange pepper
-1 carrot
-salt, pepper, oregano, mustard

Heat the rice with a spoonful of oil for some seconds and then add water. Let it boil based on the package instructions, usually around 10mins. When the rice is boiled, squeeze a lemon into the pot and let the rice absorb it. Add some oil in a pan, chop pepper and carrot into small pieces. Put them in the pan. Until they have started to soften a bit, pour in the tomato sauce. Add salt, oregano, pepper and a spoonful of mustard. If you want it extra spicy, add more pepper. I like to add a bit of honey, it enhances the texture. The sauce will be ready in about 5mins. Tastes perfectly along with some feta cheese!
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Like for most things, being in the excess is bad. While this is true for eating meat (we probably eat way too much meat compared to what we need/what is good for the environment etc), it is imo also true for being a vegan. I don't think we need to eat absolutely no meat, no eggs or whatever other products coming from animals... If anything it's unhealthy to not eat that, and if everyone was just eating meat in reasonable amounts, it would probably be fine for the environment and the animal living conditions or w/e.
Also like umeu said you can still choose to eat better quality meat. Yes, it's more expensive. But then, just eat less often meat, but better quality one, and you'll find a balance where you eat healthy/you respect animals/you respect the environment/you can enjoy a good steak from time to time/you don't throw your money down the drain.

i didnt say that :P I know I'm sexy, but I'm not your queen.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Here's a classic drunken staple:

Garlic Noods
-cook spaghetti noodles (one whole box minimum)
-coat cooked noodles in olive oil
-season mixture with garlic salt (liberally)