Cooking

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Re: Cooking

Post by InsectPoison »

That looks delicious
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I am going to eat focaccia with tzatziki in a few minutes, and I just realised tzatziki is totally something an Aztec villager would say.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Thats a plate ive made for some local competition. u had to use 2 different pieces of veal meat and put together a plate with atleast 7 components.
So basically on the left u see some kind of mini pot roast. its filled with apricots. the garnish on it is a carrot paper which is basically carrot puree with glucose sugar as a stabilizer. under the pot roast i put a vealjus with cranberrie stomp. the middle part is made up with some different vegetables. a grilled mini corn, pumpkin foam, a glazed radish and salsify puree. on the right side is a blue potatoe basket, in which i placed a veal liver. its sliced in thin stripes and seasoned with some honey and salt n pepper. rolled to a spiral and breaded with macadamia. on top of it are 2 blue potatoe chip.
Attachments
2DAC1046-0027-4F7E-972C-964F52EF6B44.jpeg
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I've eaten 13 granola bars today.

Edit: and that's all I'll eat today. Nice!
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

I was waiting for this all the time! @sebnan12
shit juice :hmm:
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

im very thankful for butifle who actually showed me this thread. i love it when people cook at home. i knew queen is cooking alot but i didnt know so many people here are interested aswell. ive got 3 nice appetizers prepard, which can be easily done and ur quests/friends will love the look of it.

- The soup is basically just a carrot soup with a thin sliced baguette strip. make urself a paste with oliveoil, tomatoes and seasoning. then put it in the oven and bake it crispy. *(ill explain that foam at the end, its also simple and can be added to various dishes)

-The wedgie plate is nothing for meat lovers, but i can assure u it has alot of taste and looks fantastic. ull need mini carrots, zucchini, kohlrabi, and radish for vegetables, if u want to make it look like mine. but u can really go with very different stuff aswell and create ur own garden. the key is to have different colors, different shapes, and different preparations. for example carrots here are steamed, zuchini blanched, radish braised etc etc. the bottom of our own garden is a mix of mango and carrot cream, but u can also go with tomatoe cream, even spinach works really, its there for the taste and to fix the vegetables. and the soil of that plate is a dried pumpernickel bread. which u can do crumbles off and season it after ur flavor. then put together a wonderful looking little garden.

-The fish plate is basically 3 main components. it contains a fried piece of fish, baked black carrots (u have to bake them in whole pieces so they keep their beautiful color), and self made pasta, but again making pasta by urself is such a pain in the ass so u can easily buy them aswell. cook them in water and add some saffran, and ull get beautifully yellow pasta :).

*now about the garnish. i choose these 3 for a reaoson. alot of my family members and friends asked me about that foam. and they all use it now. its a very simple doing. the 2 moste important things u need are a jugs juice, and lecithin. lecithin is made out of soy and it 100% vegan. what u wanna do know is make a juice. mine is made like that: add onions and rosmary to a pan and put very little heat on them. do not use oil or butter! after they start to get slightly brown, add some white whine. add salt to it, and fill it up with the 4 times more water. cook it 2 mins. then pour it through a colander. thats my version. a friend is always using black tea and some lemon juice. anyways, only thing important is not to use any fat for a perfect foam. now ull add lecithin. it doesnt require much. just a bit. its usually a powder. they sell capsules aswell but u want the powder. u get it at the moste drugstores btw. now if its still warm, u take ur jugs juicer and mix it from side. use a plastic pot or something and let the jugs juicer just mix it on the very top. u shud get a nice foam and u can grap it with a spoon and place on ur dishes. it hold for 1-2 mins so be fast and serve it quickly :)
Attachments
323D4E2E-CB8C-4D5B-A2A5-B396831FAED6.jpeg
513592FD-0791-4A60-90D1-8E4ED6C021CC.jpeg
F990C43A-1296-451C-BCA4-F6FAEF1A2309.jpeg
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

NEED MORE XP
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

you some sort of pro chef
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

I ate pizzahut pizza and garlic bread today Keepo
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Wow @sebnan12 are you a chef?
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

HUMMAN wrote:Wow @sebnan12 are you a chef?

yea

NEED MORE XP
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Pity we don’t have chefs like @sebnan12 here in Chokoslovakia EleGiggle.

But with all seriousness this looks very appetizing, and must be expensive as hell too, but I guess the money is worth the experience ;).
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

funny how I scrolled through the text and my eyes instantly fell on the word vegan :roll:
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

tedere12 wrote:funny how I scrolled through the text and my eyes instantly fell on the word vegan :roll:

:food: :salt:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I like my @beef@princeofcarthage medium rare (for dat 10,000 :food:).
Pay more attention to detail.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

A "small" kebab for 2€
The big version cost 3,80€ and after this you feel like puking...
At my favorite kebab house you can add so much...
White and red cabbage, green salad, pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, white cheese, gouda and onions.
And a lot kind of sauce: zaziki, hot sauce, cocktail or hollandaise (with hollandaise it's really really good but so hardcore)

I perfer the small one like on the picture. With green salad, white cabbage, tomatoes and pepper. Sometimes I like some white cheese.
Attachments
20180426_121639.jpg
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

queenofdestiny wrote:A "small" kebab for 2€
White and red cabbage, green salad, pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, white cheese, gouda and onions.
And a lot kind of sauce: zaziki, hot sauce, cocktail or hollandaise (with hollandaise it's really really good but so hardcore)

I perfer the small one like on the picture. With green salad, white cabbage, tomatoes and pepper. Sometimes I like some white cheese.

@iamturk do you approve this kebab or not ?!
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Googol wrote:
queenofdestiny wrote:A "small" kebab for 2€

@iamturk do you approve this kebab or not ?!

i was in turkey 2x and the kebab is very diffrend more like a dĂĽrrum, the sauce is very liqid but more tasty and its not so much meat :grin:
Retired Contributor

Vegetarian food is the best
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

princeofcarthage wrote:Vegetarian food is the best

what's your favourite vegeterian dish?
Retired Contributor

tedere12 wrote:

I can't say anyone as my favourite, I like lot of dishes, but I like specific dishes from specific cooks/hotels. like when I was about 10 I had went to some beach and had a sandwich, it was a simple sandwich with cheese, chutney, cucumber, tomato, and served with ketchup. The sandwich was so delicious that sometimes even today I feel it's taste on my tongue, needless to say I have never had another sandwich like that ever, and unfortunately so no one in family remembers the name of hotel.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

princeofcarthage wrote:
tedere12 wrote:

I can't say anyone as my favourite, I like lot of dishes, but I like specific dishes from specific cooks/hotels. like when I was about 10 I had went to some beach and had a sandwich, it was a simple sandwich with cheese, chutney, cucumber, tomato, and served with ketchup. The sandwich was so delicious that sometimes even today I feel it's taste on my tongue, needless to say I have never had another sandwich like that ever, and unfortunately so no one in family remembers the name of hotel.

So you would just go to the hotel because of the sandwiche?
Retired Contributor

queenofdestiny wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

So you would just go to the hotel because of the sandwiche?
I do that more often than you think, let me give you some examples.

- I like pizza from dominoes more than pizzahut but I often go to pizzahut cuz I like pizzahut appetizers more.
- When I have to go south for work, near the high way we have a very good coffee shop, so I often leave an hour early, sit there enjoy some nice coffee and cookies and then move on with business.
- I will frequently take the car out at 11 pm or later to have nice deserts from belgian waffle or mad over donuts.
- I spend like 4$ ~ 250 INR on a sandwich from subway wheres I can enjoy 10 sandwiches made by me which are great/better than subway btw at home at same cost, just cuz that sandwich has distinctive taste which I like.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lol a sandwich with ketchup... rip
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Retired Contributor

Whats wrong with sandwich with ketchup, I lile it and here its mostly served with ketchups only, well if you go to some fine dining or 5 stars then you might see cheesy dips mayo and some stuff
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ketchup itself is a palate destroying juvenile abomination.