sexism and racism and humanity

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Re: sexism and racism and humanity

Post by jesus3 »

I agree with goodspeed
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

@deleted_user4 I have noticed these assholes too, but what do you want to do about it tbh? They're stuck in the penultimate century, and absolutely nothing will make them get out of it. At this point it's probably better to just ignore them instead of giving them attention.
Though I must admit I'm confused that ESOC let one of them in their team...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Snuden wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:... Kind of like a "no you're wrong can you please catch up with the world" sort of way of thinking.
But of course THEY are wrong and you are not!
Yes. Yes they are. I know it's 2017, but it's still possible to be wrong.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Problems here usually leads to grudge matches. Who wins got the superior opinion in the holy name of Innos. Thats pretty simple. :food: :wood: :export: :ship: :pop: :coin:
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Kaiserklein wrote:@deleted_user4 I have noticed these assholes too, but what do you want to do about it tbh? They're stuck in the penultimate century, and absolutely nothing will make them get out of it. At this point it's probably better to just ignore them instead of giving them attention.

I guess you wont mind me calling you an idiot?
[Sith] - Baphomet
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Snuden wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:@deleted_user4 I have noticed these assholes too, but what do you want to do about it tbh? They're stuck in the penultimate century, and absolutely nothing will make them get out of it. At this point it's probably better to just ignore them instead of giving them attention.

I guess you wont mind me calling you an idiot?

I couldn't care less about what you call me tbh
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Snuden wrote:About racism, some of the nicest people I have met was in Jordan and Iraq, them being Muslim.

The good old "I have muslim friends so I'm not racist"... How ridiculous
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

What is ridiculous about saying I have met great Muslim people but at the same time disliking the way they change the values of my country?
[Sith] - Baphomet
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I think you talk about migration.
Btw wouldnt be easier to bring help there what eu can spare? I guess it would be just a fine solution.

No brexit, no hate, no problems. Yeah it would be just too easy. :D
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I found the solution guys!
1.use friend or foe feature
2.stop.bitching about people with different views
:hmm:
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

sorry callen. ill try to change myself <3. i love u
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Dear @deleted_user4

You are the sun that shines brightly throughout my day.
You are the gravity that holds me down in every way.
You are the moon that shimmers throughout my night.
You are stars that glimmer oh so bright.

You are the oxygen that keeps me alive.
You are my heart that beats inside.
You are the blood that flows through me.
You are the only guy I can see.
You have the voice of when a mockingbird sings.
You are my everything.

You are my one and only.
You stop me from being so lonely.
We plan our future as if we have a clue.
I never want to lose you.

So Dear Callen
I want you to be my husband, and I want to be your wife.
I want to be with you for the rest of my life.
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

And yet, if you think about it, this is the state of most cultures on this planet. Little do we realise that most cultures are quite racist, think about the caste system in India, where they have "untouchable" classes of people. Nobody from an upper scale would marry an untouchable. You could say India is not modernised enough to be a good example. But what about Japan? They are known for their policy of refusing to integrate foreigners or allow any kind of ethnic migration. Since there are lots of weeaboos here ( :flowers: ), you know what gaijin means.

So how come Japan is allowed to be racist, while the West is constantly blackmailed with the threat of being labelled racist?

On the other hand, I've seen another type of Westerner: the kind who pretends to be offended by all these issues (racism, sexism, all sorts of "politically incorrect" phobias), who doesn't care one bit about them, but pretends to be much offended, so that he can score social esteem points with others (basically, what the alt-right calls virtue signalling, for lack of a better word). It's like a new kind of social competition: who can score more points and gain more social capital from pretending to care about these issues?

So, imo, let's put things into perspective here. If you wanted to move to Japan and live there, you'd be met with facade niceness and hospitality, but that's all. If you're from a mixed family in Japan, chances are people will stay away from you.

Western culture, based on the ideal of "universal" human rights (unrecognised by China or major Arab/muslim states from the Gulf as being universal) tends to grant equal rights/status to every person, regardless of their ethnic, religious or cultural background, but the reverse is not true. We just have to realise that the feeling is not reciprocal. Otherwise, if you claim that your egalitarian mindset is the true way of treating people, you might be accused of Western-centrism (or Eurocentrism), for imposing your own cultural biases onto other cultures.

phpBB [video]
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

I wish I could express myself just like Dolan just did. I think he is right on the money there!
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Funny how people in this thread who (un)knowingly share(d) these views tend to clear themselves of any responsibility Image
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Dolan wrote:And yet, if you think about it, this is the state of most cultures on this planet.
And it was way worse in the past, too. Why does that matter? Equal rights for all is still an absolute no-brainer. That the world hasn't quite caught up to it yet doesn't mean we shouldn't advocate it.
Western culture, based on the ideal of "universal" human rights (unrecognised by China or major Arab/muslim states from the Gulf as being universal) tends to grant equal rights/status to every person, regardless of their ethnic, religious or cultural background, but the reverse is not true. We just have to realise that the feeling is not reciprocal.
Why is that important to realize? Does the way we would be treated in their home country change the way we should treat them in ours?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

on top of that most of what dolan says is blatant nonsense, as i pointed out to him in another thread.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

The most important thing is the money btw. If you have a lot of money to help people then you can do that.
But i guess lot of people are poor even in the eu. And they dont really want send their own money (by taxes) to help others.

And i feel western countries have these idea: we bring lot of people in give shelter and will see what happens. But if their brought people stay poor (since you need lot of money to change that) then: Poor people = angry people. Thats what some countries wants to avoid.

If you want to discuss how eu should react, you should talk about money not ideologies. Who pays the burden?

And thats where brussel come in picture. It wants to be the dictator who tells that every eu countries wear the burden how brussel decide. And some countries didnt accept brussel dictatorship and left (see brexit) and some try to fight for their own decision in the eu (like hungary).

About the real ideology: You help 10 000 people outside of eu is equal to dont send to help for 10 000 people in the eu. Since money isnt infinite.
So in theory, if you live in a country where 0 people needs help and give taxes doesnt hurt them you can help people without hesitation.
But if you have a country where 10 000 of your own people need the same help like they other needs, then "helping" is a camouflage.

And thats why some countries wants to decide their own whats THEIR own resources to spear.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

What a lovely thread! Unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to read this thread thoroughly right now as I am on the quest to get drunk in Copenhagen, but I will surely do later. I however do want to say that I am flattered. I never expected to get all this attention I didn't ask for. Cheers! :flowers:
Pay more attention to detail.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Goodspeed wrote:And it was way worse in the past, too. Why does that matter? Equal rights for all is still an absolute no-brainer. That the world hasn't quite caught up to it yet doesn't mean we shouldn't advocate it.

Well, a cultural relativist would say your point of view is Eurocentric and shows typical Western arrogance, by assuming that your culture knows what's best for everyone.

Why is that important to realize? Does the way we would be treated in their home country change the way we should treat them in ours?

Do their beliefs and attitudes really change in a snap of a finger, if they migrate to Western countries? Or do they bring their customs to the West and demand to be respected as cultural diversity? The burqah or the hijab, for example. But what about halal meat? How far should the West go to accommodate the customs they bring from their cultures? Or maybe the West should just accept them as part of their cultural baggage? But why shouldn't the West accept their racism, religious intolerance and sexism that they bring as part of their cultural baggage?

Where do you draw the line between the egalitarianism that "respects their diversity" and the Eurocentric view that their cultures haven't "caught up" with ours?
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

kami_ryu wrote:The only way to make progress on these topics is to discuss them, really. I just ran out of time to dick around in off topic like I used to. Callen though I very much agree with what you have to say for the most part. I find myself silently agreeing with your posts.

These issues are actually more prevalent than I thought in the society of the United States (maybe it's just where I'm at?). I don't know. I'm surrounded by good people but there are times I listen to what's being said and I just can't bring myself to agree. Kind of like a "no you're wrong can you please catch up with the world" sort of way of thinking.

Welcome to the USA brother! Can sympathize with your mentality 100%
De Funk
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Snuden wrote:What is ridiculous about saying I have met great Muslim people but at the same time disliking the way they change the values of my country?

Because you are using it as a front though it is obvious you don't care for those people and what you said demonstrates part of your mentality toward them and immigrants. You lack empathy for other humans. Your "life plan" includes a subjugated woman, you also have no ability to place yourself in the minds of these immigrants. You care so much about preserving your culture and values that you cannot think for a second about how it would be like to be born in a country in which your own leaders destroy your lifestyle and values, forcing you to emigrate in order to give your family better oppprtunities in life. You cannot understand that those immigrants want the exact same thing as you. They want to live somewhere where they are able to express themselves as they want. Their being there doesn't hinder you from doing that on your own or educating your kids how you'd like. You simply lack the ability to coexist with these people and cannot admit it.
De Funk
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

kami_ryu wrote:The only way to make progress on these topics is to discuss them, really. I just ran out of time to dick around in off topic like I used to. Callen though I very much agree with what you have to say for the most part. I find myself silently agreeing with your posts.

These issues are actually more prevalent than I thought in the society of the United States (maybe it's just where I'm at?). I don't know. I'm surrounded by good people but there are times I listen to what's being said and I just can't bring myself to agree. Kind of like a "no you're wrong can you please catch up with the world" sort of way of thinking.
you probably thought you were right leaning til you moved to the US :lol: :lol:
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Hidddy_ wrote:
Snuden wrote:What is ridiculous about saying I have met great Muslim people but at the same time disliking the way they change the values of my country?

Because you are using it as a front though it is obvious you don't care for those people and what you said demonstrates part of your mentality toward them and immigrants. You lack empathy for other humans. Your "life plan" includes a subjugated woman, you also have no ability to place yourself in the minds of these immigrants. You care so much about preserving your culture and values that you cannot think for a second about how it would be like to be born in a country in which your own leaders destroy your lifestyle and values, forcing you to emigrate in order to give your family better oppprtunities in life. You cannot understand that those immigrants want the exact same thing as you. They want to live somewhere where they are able to express themselves as they want. Their being there doesn't hinder you from doing that on your own or educating your kids how you'd like. You simply lack the ability to coexist with these people and cannot admit it.

Haha... You are as dumb as your profile picture suggests.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Lol typical. When faced with a very reasonable post resort to insults.