Alt-Left Discussion

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Alt-Left Discussion

Post by noissance »

I hear a whole lot about the alt-right being total losers and haters, but the left has their fair share of morons as well.

For example:
Idealist BernieCucks
Antifa
Pseudo-Anarchists
Anti-Corporatists
Pedestrian who punches a trump supporter 'just cuz'

http://time.com/4919011/donald-trump-alt-left-antifa/

Discuss
Error 404: Signature not found
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: Alt-Left Discussion

Post by Goodspeed »

No shortage of morons anywhere.

The "alt-left" probably finds its origin in "passionate" opposition of other extremist groups. I'd say it's not as much about policy with them.
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

Goodspeed wrote:No shortage of morons anywhere

FTFY.
[spoiler=spoiler]joking, its only lejend and his ilk[/spoiler]
But, have you had an experience with a really radical left wing nut? This guy by the university pestered me for a donation to fight trump or some shit during finals week.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

To be fair, you need to have a pretty high IQ to understand the ideology of alt-leftism.
Top quality poster.
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

Laurence Drake wrote:To be fair, you need to have a pretty high IQ to understand the ideology of alt-leftism.

That must mean treaty players are alt-leftists, or at the very least they understand them.

:unsure: :shock: :!: :maniac:
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I have decided to become alt-satanist.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

Snuden wrote:I have decided to become alt-trumpistsatanist.

You, my acquaintance, are a trend-setter.

:kinggreen:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

noissance wrote:But, have you had an experience with a really radical left wing nut?
Haven't met any if that's what you mean. Much less of a thing where I live.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

noissance wrote:
Snuden wrote:I have decided to become alt-fetishistsatanist.

You, my acquaintance, are a trend-setter.

:kinggreen:

Just getting started :santa:
[Sith] - Baphomet
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

Goodspeed wrote:
noissance wrote:But, have you had an experience with a really radical left wing nut?
Haven't met any if that's what you mean. Much less of a thing where I live.

Is your country primarily left wing to begin with? I assume much of europe is.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

By your definition, probably. By ours, not so much. A right-wing party has won the last couple of elections.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Nederland ist schön
Top quality poster.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

This whole "alt"-phrase is nothing but a marketing term, aimed at trying to differentiate from the already known extremist left or right line of thought (mostly tied to certain organisations) while being awfully similar in ideology and structure. It doesn't even mean anything at this point and it didn't mean anything from the beginning in my opinion.
The conversation in the US is completely out of control and either "side" (since apparentely you gotta "choose" a side) just plays the blame and insult game. Alt, cuck, tard and so on, the sheer use of those terms doesn't go well with profound argumentation, if you even want one that is.
Also, the American perception of left and right is quite unique due to several phases of state propaganda in its history (openness and acceptance while WW2, anti-everything leftist in cold war times, world supremacy after the cold war and anti-terrorist (and then anti-muslim) really starting off 2001), please bear that in mind.

On ESOC you're very likely to talk and argue with people from different countries and cultures, each arguing with a different set of terms and ideas.
So I'd really like everyone to think a little more outside the box since theres rarely a common understanding of fundamental terms, dooming the conversation before it started and eventually leading to hate-driven comments.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Indeed @deleted_user4. It's not a political ideology as much as an anti-X movement
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's a strategy used by the right. By equating the two movements (which in name sake "alt left" does) it accomplishes one of the following:

1) EITHER it delegitimizes the broader left, OR
2) it creates a divide between the alt right and (what is mainstream today, i.e. Trump's) conservatism that doesn't really exist (if in defense the broader left claims the "alt left" is not associative then the same can be said of the broader right and the alt right. However in reality Trump's broader right relies on this fringe subsect's support and normalizes it (i.e. delegitimizing it's reaction) in the media. Not to mention the two movements, if you can call them that, are not comparable.)

That is why it is so strange seeing it's use in this article which otherwise is very level headed. Violence is bad, I get that. However the use of the term alt left aids in the alt right's agenda.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

This whole political climate is just frustrating. For as much as I come out as a leftist on these forums the left can sometimes participate in their own slandering of "the other side" in their own misleading ways. It very much feels like the most polarized period I've come to know (granted I'm young). The recovery seems so very far away.

Ok I'm going back to bed I just randomly woke up at 3:30 am and decided to check ESOC and now two hours later...
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

deleted_user wrote:This whole political climate is just frustrating. For as much as I come out as a leftist on these forums the left can sometimes participate in their own slandering of "the other side" in their own misleading ways. It very much feels like the most polarized period I've come to know (granted I'm young). The recovery seems so very far away.

Ok I'm going back to bed I just randomly woke up at 3:30 am and decided to check ESOC and now two hours later...

Political polarisation has been the norm throughout history. The post-war period of moderation and consensus was an anomaly; what we are seeing now is regression to the mean.
Top quality poster.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

deleted_user wrote:This whole political climate is just frustrating. For as much as I come out as a leftist on these forums the left can sometimes participate in their own slandering of "the other side" in their own misleading ways. It very much feels like the most polarized period I've come to know (granted I'm young). The recovery seems so very far away.

Lol, almost any sane politicilas stance is viewed as alt-left, in a country (USA) where the alt-right are in office. :o
https://youtu.be/eGhlTCiGLmE

why would I say that?
1. gigantic taxcuts for the rich, that will be followed up by cutting the entitelments (=you payed for it as an insurance over your taxbill, meaning you are entiteled to collect it later on) like social security. And the Affordable care act, are threathened. https://youtu.be/lXZnogf7NOs
2. Net neutrality are rekt, and now the gigant net providers can do pretty much what they like towards the consumers.
3. News are called "fake news", and propaganda are portrayed as "news".
4. Politicians are bought by Big Corp, Big Pharma, Military Industrial complex, Wall street etc etc, finansing elections/re elections.
5. Police brutality is the new normal, and police are given military training and military equipment.
6. New massive hikes in military spendings, even USA where the top spender with no comparison. And a president that just yesterday said he will rule and speak with force agains any nations that he wants, threathening Russia and China for unfair trading, and not in complaience with "American values" :ugly:
7. Threaths to other nations world wide, Venezuela, Russia, China, North Korea, Iran.
8. 800 Military bases in more than 70 countries all over the world (Britain, France and Russia have 30 combined - just as a contrast). In a speach yesterday on National Security, Trump are complaining about USA massive spendings, and that other nations should pay more. I say, get the hell back home with your soldiers and most of your bases.
9. Rekting the workers unions and trahing their rights, step by step over the last 40 - 50 years)
10. Scapegoating refugees and immigrants, and blaming them for the economic downturn, and stealing jobs.
11. Undermining public education. Trump has said he loves "the porly educated" - and his son has said that Colleges and Universities are breeding grounds for left wingers.
12. Undermining, pulling back on Paris agreement, denying scientific evidence or man-made global warming.
13. Cutting regulation (read=protection) as there where no tomorrow.

This guy is as scary as they come:
phpBB [video]

So why are anyone surprised that the left are surging, and have the momentum now. Some on the left may be called alt-left, BUT most of the left are just demanding common sense politics that serve most ppl, and not only the very rich.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
United States of America godzillaking
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by godzillaking »

I think everything just gets so hyped up through the media and internet.
Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Skirmisher
ESO: JulyBurnsOrange

Post by JulyBurnsOrange »

Antifa are domestic terrorists.