Mark Meechan the Scottish man who taught his girlfriends pug to perform a Nazi salute to annoy her is facing his final t

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: Mark Meechan the Scottish man who taught his girlfriends pug to perform a Nazi salute to annoy her is facing his fin

Post by spanky4ever »

Snuden wrote:I personally think it's bad taste.

For once I agree with you :o
totally :love:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Mark Meechan the Scottish man who taught his girlfriends pug to perform a Nazi salute to annoy her is facing his fin

Post by deleted_user »

Count Dankula wrote:High Chancellor of 420th Meme Legion. Professional Shitposter. Anti-PC. Pro Free Speech. Edgi Boi. I'm not a Nazi, but my dog is.

A story almost as ridiculous as 29 yr. old Markus himself.

This won't actually lead anywhere.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

gibson wrote:
oats13 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

logical fallacy-false equivalence, it wasn't dogs giving salutes or even the salutes that caused the genocide and you surely mean WW2?

I just said world war.....the I was an i lol, and I was pointing out your false equivalence of equivocating nazism to adultery.

No I'm explaining that just because sth that is wrong doesn't mean it must be illegal i.e adultery. We are talking about a dog doing a salute not nazism itself. In fact my equivalence was qualified and within the context of an argument- yours wasn't.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

oats13 wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I just said world war.....the I was an i lol, and I was pointing out your false equivalence of equivocating nazism to adultery.

No I'm explaining that sth that is wrong doesn't mean it must be illegal we are talking about a dog doing a salute not nazism itself.
And yet many things that are wrong are also illegal, and if you can't understand why countries which fought tooth and nail not to destroyed by nazism are still trying their best to not have anything to do with nazism I don't even know what to say to you.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

phpBB [video]

I actually like this guy.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

gibson wrote:
oats13 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

No I'm explaining that sth that is wrong doesn't mean it must be illegal we are talking about a dog doing a salute not nazism itself.
And yet many things that are wrong are also illegal, and if you can't understand why countries which fought tooth and nail not to destroyed by nazism are still trying their best to not have anything to do with nazism I don't even know what to say to you.

Oh jesus we are talking about a dog doing a salute- the dog CANNOT BE A NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and nor is it's owner- making a salute however poor in taste is not equivalent to replicating the murderous actions of the nazi's.

In fact the countries that defeated Hitler (Britain, America, Russia) allow nazi salutes because even though they are stupid, ignorant and offensive they are no more than that, the countries who were defeated by the nazis (holland), rolled over and conspired with the nazis (France) and were actually responsible for both world wars (Germany) are the ones where you can't do the salute...............................

Can someone do a poll here? should a man who trains his dog to do a nazi salute in order to piss off his girlfriend be sentenced to jail or not? I want to find out who the real fascists here are :P
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

oats13 wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Oh jesus we are talking about a dog doing a salute- the dog CANNOT BE A NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and nor is it's owner- making a salute however poor in taste is not equivalent to replicating the murderous actions of the nazi's.

In fact the countries that defeated Hitler (Britain, America, Russia) allow nazi salutes because even though they are stupid, ignorant and offensive they are no more than that, the countries who were defeated by the nazis (holland), rolled over and conspired with the nazis (France) and were actually responsible for both world wars (Germany) are the ones where you can't do the salute...............................

Can someone do a poll here? should a man who trains his dog to do a nazi salute in order to piss off his girlfriend be sentenced to jail or not? I want to find out who the real fascists here are :P
Its very clear that this man should be imprisoned for a very long time and you don't think so you're just objectively wrong.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Ah?
[Sith] - Baphomet
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

oh, you're being ironic now? cancel the may-ball, all bets are off......... irony has been deployed and therefore all rules of debate are meaningless from this point both forwards and backwards in time, he was being ironic! oh what a fool I feel now, how can I ever recover from this? clearly you have won every possible debate in every possible way. Gratz.
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Post by j_t_kirk »

oats13 wrote:the countries who [...] were actually responsible for both world wars (Germany)

:hmm:
ImageImageImage
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

And LadyCallen will soon join in and the very second the Ear guy's mother allow him to go online, he will give his $0.02 as well.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

oats13 wrote:oh, you're being ironic now? cancel the may-ball, all bets are off......... irony has been deployed and therefore all rules of debate are meaningless from this point both forwards and backwards in time, he was being ironic! oh what a fool I feel now, how can I ever recover from this? clearly you have won every possible debate in every possible way. Gratz.
no, you're just objectively wrong.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I'm okay with the guy being imprisoned if only for being a disgrace to comedy. What a dumb joke
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Theodore wrote:Here is some information about the UK legislation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_the_United_Kingdom

This is a clash of different philosophies regarding free speech. Some jurisdictions tend to have a rather broad understanding of what is protected by free speech (U.S.A.) other tend to have a more limited scope. Still, all "Western" countries agree that free speech is to be protected and all agree that some forms of speech interefere too much with the rights of others (it is almost always illegal to insult sb).

Hi Theodore, thank you for being the only one to actually give a proper response in regards to the law (alongside Ear and Gibson before getting annoyed by another user), which is the main issue here.
The emotionally loaded debate about who has a monopole on thought is not the actual issue, it's a single case of hate speech filed against someone who taught his dog the hitler salute and made a publically available video of it with the intention to piss off people.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

Goodspeed wrote:I'm okay with the guy being imprisoned if only for being a disgrace to comedy. What a dumb joke

Really? I mean really? obviously the guy is a bit of a jerk but people are ok with the guy going to jail for probably six months?!?!?!? it's no joke for him anymore or his family.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

oats13 wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:I'm okay with the guy being imprisoned if only for being a disgrace to comedy. What a dumb joke
Really? I mean really?
Of course not really. Still a dumb joke though
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

kk good, I really think that many would be pleased with him going to jail though and it worries me tbh.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

I know what I wrote. Having a bad taste is not necessarily against the law.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

gibson wrote:
oats13 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Its very clear that this man should be imprisoned for a very long time and you don't think so you're just objectively wrong.

If you think this man should be imprisoned for teaching a DOG to do a nazi salute then i think you are a lost cause.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

oats13 wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

This statement tells me a lot about you as a person. I can safely say that I wouldn't like to be around you if we worked at the same place, regardless of your political views. For the record, the nazi salute is banned in Russia and Canada, but I suppose that doesn't fit your rhetoric. Neither Germany nor the German people were responsible for both world wars. I suggest you pick up a history book and start learning before you spread more fake news, whether that's intentional or not.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

InsectPoison wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

If you think this man should be imprisoned for teaching a DOG to do a nazi salute then i think you are a lost cause.
Yes he should be imprisoned and probably executed.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
oats13 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

This statement tells me a lot about you as a person. I can safely say that I wouldn't like to be around you if we worked at the same place, regardless of your political views. For the record, the nazi salute is banned in Russia and Canada, but I suppose that doesn't fit your rhetoric. Neither Germany nor the German people were responsible for both world wars. I suggest you pick up a history book and start learning before you spread more fake news, whether that's intentional or not.

A fantastic display of intolerance oh preacher man- oh look an article where 9/10 historians list germany as the cause of world war1 and only two that lists Britain- I'm assuming you agree that germany caused ww2?- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26048324
In russia it is only illegal to 'popularise' the salute in fact.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

phpBB [video]
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
oats13 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Germany wasn't responsible for the second world war, you wot m8 :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol: