Locking posts because someone disagrees.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Re: Locking posts because someone disagrees.

Post by Laurence Drake »

Perhaps immigration has gone overboard and there are undoubtedly problems with cultural integration but a lot of the posts in that thread were downright hysterical. No wonder it was locked.
Top quality poster.
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

oats13 wrote:@gibson you are just not getting it- formal fallacies are ones of 'form' the form itself is wrong, informal ones are ones that may follow an apparently permisable form but contain within themselves other fallacies which are self evident- his assertions MAY be wrong but they are not self evidently wrong- we have evidence in the thread of good reasons to separate bathrooms- many women want separate bathrooms.

His appeal to emotion is perfectly reasonable- quite evidently letting in men to womens bathrooms will allow men to come into contact with young children- in what way is it self evident that these may may not possibly be perverts? they quite obviously could be perverts- his argument is not slam-dunk but it is not a fallacy either because he is not making these assertions as 'statements' merely asking the question which does not constitute any fallacy.

You could argue that men will come into contact with children in male bathrooms too. He also supplied no evidence to suggest that allowing males and females to share a bathroom in any sense would lead to an increase in sexual related crimes.
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

oats13 wrote:@gibson you are just not getting it- formal fallacies are ones of 'form' the form itself is wrong, informal ones are ones that may follow an apparently permisable form but contain within themselves other fallacies which are self evident- his assertions MAY be wrong but they are not self evidently wrong- we have evidence in the thread of good reasons to separate bathrooms- many women want separate bathrooms.

His appeal to emotion is perfectly reasonable- quite evidently letting in men to womens bathrooms will allow men to come into contact with young children- in what way is it self evident that these may may not possibly be perverts? they quite obviously could be perverts- his argument is not slam-dunk but it is not a fallacy either.

And I take the bait once again. You're literally repeating what I said in my first post

There aren't any formal logical fallacies in his statement. Since you're so smart you know that a formal fallacy is a fallacy based upon the form of an argument rather than the content. Since we weren't having a formal argument I obviously meant informal fallacies, which are fallacies based on content, but I'm sure you knew that too.

I have already answered the whole " IF WE ALLOW MEN INTO WOMENS BATHROOMS EVERYONE IS GONNA GET RAPED" argument at least once and probably twice and have no interest in repeating myself as its become apparent that you either aren't reading my posts or are just trolling me. Actually I changed my mind and went back and found them

Yea I forgot a sign on a bathroom door is going to keep a sexual predator out. That's as stupid as saying that a sign that says gun free zone is gonna keep guns out. If stalls in bathrooms are properly sealed there is literally no reason in the world for bathrooms themselves to be for only a single biological sex.

I dont understand why its not okay? I have never understood why bathrooms were divided by biological sex. Why can't there be a single barrier (the stall) that protects a person who is either peeing or shitting from everyone else? There literally are 0 consequences for it lol. As long as stalls are properly sealed there is no reason that I can think of for bathrooms to be divided by biological sex.

Men are already allowed in bathrooms with children and its not been an issue. No evidence has been supplied that if the child is of the opposite biological sex anything would be any different.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

thomasgreen6 wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:
thomasgreen6 wrote:@CelticCrusader I work as a safety steward at the football (soccer) stadium where I go to university with two muslim coleagues. Should I be concerned and if so what should I do?

No , I know muslims that are sound too. Its just we continue importing from countries that still carry out brutal Islamic practices. Hence why there has been a huge increase in child marriage, forced marriage, fgm, terrorism, hate preaching, acid attacks, and many more crimes related to the islamic community. There was none of this in the nineties, but once Blair got in and opened the floodgates, this has happened . Remember the London bombings ? Then last year, Manchester, and London again.

Here is a question , if you had a pack of sweets, and someone told you some of them poisonous would you still eat them all ?
No you wouldn't. Thats why we shouldn't let mass immigrants in. Its just stupid and suicide for public services.

Would you therfore advocate keeping everyone locked up in thier homes and spied upon similar to George Orwell's 1984? Otherwise you're opening that bag of sweets everytime you leave the house.

I would advise to read this document provided by the government regarding all "Policy and legislative changes affecting migration to the UK"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... k-timeline

LOL When did I say keep everyone locked in their homes ? I am totally against a Orwellian state. They are using Islam to destroy European culture, mass immigration only serves the elite. Islam is the tool they are using to help break the free world.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

@gibson "Your entire basis for him not using logical fallacies is that he has already given evidence that having bathrooms welcoming to all biological sexes is bad," no you are using the fallacies not him, he does NOT have to demonstrate that having bathrooms for ALL sexes is bad IN ITSELF as in at all times.

He merely needs to demonstrate that some women don't want to share bathrooms with men in order for it to be a valid argument and it is- we KNOW that some women don't want this.

As for "Men are already allowed in bathrooms with children and its not been an issue. No evidence has been supplied that if the child is of the opposite biological sex anything would be any different." - false equivalence there are more heterosexuals than homosexuals- this is a fact- look he has not made a 'statement' as such he has merely asked questions- that is precisely why people use rhetoric- they aren't fallacies they just aren't proofs.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

CelticCrusader wrote:
thomasgreen6 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Would you therfore advocate keeping everyone locked up in thier homes and spied upon similar to George Orwell's 1984? Otherwise you're opening that bag of sweets everytime you leave the house.

I would advise to read this document provided by the government regarding all "Policy and legislative changes affecting migration to the UK"

LOL When did I say keep everyone locked in their homes ? I am totally against a Orwellian state. They are using Islam to destroy European culture, mass immigration only serves the elite. Islam is the tool they are using to help break the free world.

You can't claim to be supportive of European culture while failing to endorse the Christian faith. The decline of religion is driving Europe's cultural erosion. Atheism and multiculturalism go hand-in-hand.
Top quality poster.
Lancer

Post by thomasgreen6 »

CelticCrusader wrote:
thomasgreen6 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I was refering to your comment in which you said that becuase some muslim people were extemist it's like opening and eating a bag of sweets where some of them have been poisoned. I was suggesting that your analagy could be applied to allowing any kind of people walk the streets, becuase they could potentially have mental illness, crimial ambition or just bad decision makin such as drunk driving and then hitting you accidnetally. I did not suggest you said that everyone should be kept locked in their homes, I asked if that would be something you would advocate to minimise the risk that you some into contact with any of these people who are the potntial posioned sweets in your bag.

Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

Laurence Drake wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You can't claim to be supportive of European culture while failing to endorse the Christian faith. The decline of religion is driving Europe's cultural erosion. Atheism and multiculturalism go hand-in-hand.

I support some christian beliefs and traditions, but I have never been brought up in the church. I am not convinced on any religion , there are so many questions regarding all of them. You label me atheist, but i am open minded and not convinced. I will not commit my life to something that may be total bullshit.
Lancer

Post by thomasgreen6 »

CelticCrusader wrote:They are using Islam to destroy European culture, mass immigration only serves the elite. Islam is the tool they are using to help break the free world.

I don't belive this to be the case. According to the 2011 census of the UK from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) Muslims only constituted 4.8% of the total population.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... 2012-12-11

Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

thomasgreen6 wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:They are using Islam to destroy European culture, mass immigration only serves the elite. Islam is the tool they are using to help break the free world.

I don't belive this to be the case. According to the 2011 census of the UK from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) Muslims only constituted 4.8% of the total population.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... 2012-12-11

Yes they are a small population. But look at how much influence they already have in the areas they populate. The government are bending to the will of Islam. Such a small population of muslims and such a high terrorist attack rate too, OP nerf it please.
Lancer

Post by thomasgreen6 »

CelticCrusader wrote:Yes they are a small population. But look at how much influence they already have in the areas they populate. The government are bending to the will of Islam. Such a small population of muslims and such a high terrorist attack rate too, OP nerf it please.

Do you have any evidence to prove that there is a 'high' terroist attack rate?

United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

There is a difference between locking a post when someone disagrees and when the post has gone off topic to the point of attacking a religion because you are afraid of them.
mad cuz bad
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

thomasgreen6 wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:Yes they are a small population. But look at how much influence they already have in the areas they populate. The government are bending to the will of Islam. Such a small population of muslims and such a high terrorist attack rate too, OP nerf it please.

Do you have any evidence to prove that there is a 'high' terroit attack rate?

Have you been hiding in a cave for the last few years ? Who did all the recent attacks except for one? Muslim fanatics attacking children and innocent people. We never had this in the 90s before Blair.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

n0el wrote:There is a difference between locking a post when someone disagrees and when the post has gone off topic to the point of attacking a religion because you are afraid of them.

Im not afraid of islam, that is a huge buzzword 'islamaphobe' , to label anyone with credible criticism about Islam. Not one of you against me have actually argued my points about Islam. No answers. And anyway the thread went off topic way before I turned up.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

So because you don't understand Islam, you label all Arabs as terrorists and act is if you are afraid of anyone you know going to a Mosque or interacting with a Muslim. Sounds like the definition of an Islamaphobe.
mad cuz bad
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

CelticCrusader wrote:
Laurence Drake wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I support some christian beliefs and traditions, but I have never been brought up in the church. I am not convinced on any religion , there are so many questions regarding all of them. You label me atheist, but i am open minded and not convinced. I will not commit my life to something that may be total bullshit.

Faith is belief in spite of uncertainty. You clearly don't have enough faith in your nation's culture and heritage to support it whole-heartedly. Religious doubt has led to the decline of many old social institutions, and it is this that has created the conditions for radical Islam to thrive.
Top quality poster.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

@CelticCrusader you seem old enough for this to be relevant...

http://www.newsweek.com/london-attack-i ... ism-573629

do you hate all Irish people for being terrorists in the later part of the 20th century? Oppose any Irish immigration to England? Refuse your children to interact or learn Irish traditions?
mad cuz bad
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Post by j_t_kirk »

I don't agree with everything what @CelticCrusader said, but he made some good points. Indeed muslims have much influence in our culture and politics. Not everything what he wrote is wrong, but a bit too generalizing and radical.
ImageImageImage
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

It's really amusing how you can often tell someone who has never read the Koran- they are too busy defending it :P
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

j_t_kirk wrote:I don't agree with everything what @CelticCrusader said, but he made some good points. Indeed muslims have much influence in our culture and politics. Not everything what he wrote is wrong, but a bit too generalizing and radical.

Don't Christians also? At least in the US, evangelical Christians have a LARGE influence over politics.
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

oats13 wrote:It's really amusing how you can often tell someone who has never read the Koran- they are too busy defending it :P

Have you? And the Bible? I will admit I have not finished the Quran but I am in the process of reading it.
mad cuz bad
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

yes @noel- Bible, quran, Upanishads, Bhagavad Vita etc. you must be finding it totally horrible- the quran- yes?
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Not any worse than the Bible honestly. I just can only read a few chapters at a time to be able to digest it.
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Actually I was planning on reading the Rigveda and other Hindu texts next because Hinduism is very intriguing to me. May need a topic on that too!
mad cuz bad
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Post by j_t_kirk »

n0el wrote:
j_t_kirk wrote:I don't agree with everything what @CelticCrusader said, but he made some good points. Indeed muslims have much influence in our culture and politics. Not everything what he wrote is wrong, but a bit too generalizing and radical.

Don't Christians also? At least in the US, evangelical Christians have a LARGE influence over politics.

Yes, but christians are the majority and we have a christian culture.
ImageImageImage