Locking posts because someone disagrees.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Re: Locking posts because someone disagrees.

Post by CelticCrusader »

n0el wrote:So because you don't understand Islam, you label all Arabs as terrorists and act is if you are afraid of anyone you know going to a Mosque or interacting with a Muslim. Sounds like the definition of an Islamaphobe.

I understand Islam more than you would think. Obviously not all people of muslim origin are terrorist, I never said that . What I am against is many aspects of islam that are carried out in the UK and worldwide. They continue to use these medieval practices against people to this day, but no one seems to bat an eyelid. Not one of you replying has actually answered to any of the issues i raised earlier. Still waiting for an answer ....
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@Lecturing Americans

Tbh, it's easy for you to talk, but you shouldn't ignore when there are historical reasons why people have particular phobias.

Think about the Armenian genocide, that Turkey still does not recognise. Could you call an Armenian bigoted or Turkophobe because he does not want anything to do with Turkey?

It's similar with Eastern European states and Islamism, since they've been plundering these territories, raping, and killing many innocents for centuries. Why did they do this? In the name of Allah and their religion. That was their objective back then, to conquer Europe. And we, Eastern Europe, paid the price for Europe's security. While those faggots were "busy" discovering the world, doing scientific research and writing poetry, we were busy defending the gate entrance to Europe with our blood.

There's a similar feeling towards Russia, after the USSR maimed and deformed our history for 5 fucking decades. Who are you to tell us we have to forgive?

You live in your fucking island/continent, in a very comfortable position and come here lecturing us about how "bigoted" we are, how paranoid and whateverphobes we are. Try living next to your enemies for a few centuries, not protected by two oceans and let's see how tall you walk and how proud you talk about yourselves.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

n0el wrote:Not any worse than the Bible honestly. I just can only read a few chapters at a time to be able to digest it.

I'm really surprised at this tbh the quran is really not very philosophically interesting or beautiful at all IMO just constant brutality- Buddhist and Hindu texts really are much more interesting but I personally hold the bible as being most enlightening. I mean where is the equivalent quranic wisdom in comparison to lets say- Kings?

edit- I mean I'm surprised at the relative comparison with the Bible not that it is taking a while to digest- it really is very fragmentary and kinda dark and repetitive- I felt almost soiled after reading it, so much so that after a month or so I read it again to see if I had been in some weird mood whilst reading it but really felt that it confirmed my initial response- I really am not a fan and don't mind stating it.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

If you don't support genderless washrooms then hold it until you get home or piss on the grass like the dog that you are. Have a nice day everyone. :smile:
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

Pretty poor on the ESOC team's part :/ Quit being fascist and let people discuss their views
c0ns!
United States of America TheInvincibleJannisary
Dragoon

Post by TheInvincibleJannisary »

CelticCrusader wrote:Shame on you esoc mod, locking threads because someone disagrees with your pathetic PC views.
Maybe you should stop being so offended by different views and find your little safe space somewhere. Then no one can offend you there and your little ignorance bubble will feel like bliss. You guys honestly make me laugh. And now i am starting to understand why some people are anti esoc.

You are using microagressions against my ESOC safe space! You can't really blame the mods though because they grew up with the PC culture ingrained in them and at universities you are brainwashed to think a certain way.

Just be a little understanding.
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

CelticCrusader wrote:
thomasgreen6 wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:Yes they are a small population. But look at how much influence they already have in the areas they populate. The government are bending to the will of Islam. Such a small population of muslims and such a high terrorist attack rate too, OP nerf it please.

Do you have any evidence to prove that there is a 'high' terroit attack rate?

Have you been hiding in a cave for the last few years ? Who did all the recent attacks except for one? Muslim fanatics attacking children and innocent people. We never had this in the 90s before Blair.

In the last 18 years there have been 5 Muslim related terroist attacks according to my rough reading of Wikipedia. Here is an article and graph (from the online version of the Telegraph newspaper) detailing the number of people killed by terroist attacks in each of the 4 countries of the UK since 1970.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/many- ... ttacks-uk/

It appears that the number of people killed and possibly even the number of attacks has fallen drmatically since the 70s and 80s.
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

CelticCrusader wrote:
thomasgreen6 wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:Yes they are a small population. But look at how much influence they already have in the areas they populate. The government are bending to the will of Islam. Such a small population of muslims and such a high terrorist attack rate too, OP nerf it please.

Do you have any evidence to prove that there is a 'high' terroit attack rate?

Have you been hiding in a cave for the last few years ? Who did all the recent attacks except for one? Muslim fanatics attacking children and innocent people. We never had this in the 90s before Blair.

Also, statistically there were more people killed by terroist attacks in the UK in the 1990s ("before Blair") then there have been since 2000. Which I can prove running statistical analysis. This would suggest that there is not high terroist attack rate and only 0.00035885575% of the total Muslim population in the UK have actually been involved in successful terroist attacks based on my rough working out. Even with a proper estimate this is hardly a large fugure and would probably not be statisticaly significant to the number of non-Muslim people involved in terroist attacks since 2000.
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

CelticCrusader wrote:Shame on you esoc mod, locking threads because someone disagrees with your pathetic PC views.
Maybe you should stop being so offended by different views and find your little safe space somewhere. Then no one can offend you there and your little ignorance bubble will feel like bliss. You guys honestly make me laugh. And now i am starting to understand why some people are anti esoc.

is that what you will say to the judge when he locks you up? SHAME ON YOU FOR LOCKING SOMEONE UP WHO DISAGREES WITH YOUR PATHETIC PC LAWS?!!? CANT EVEN BLOW UP SOME MUSLIMS ANYMORE?! WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT GOOD OLE BRITAIN OF DA CRUSADES!? YOU LIBTARDS ARE RUINING THE COUNTRY!

or... you know. you know the rules. you have signed up to the rules. so you should keep to the rules. or else... you can go to reddit.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

umeu wrote:

is that what you will say to the judge when he locks you up? SHAME ON YOU FOR LOCKING SOMEONE UP WHO DISAGREES WITH YOUR PATHETIC PC LAWS?!!? CANT EVEN BLOW UP SOME MUSLIMS ANYMORE?! WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT GOOD OLE BRITAIN OF DA CRUSADES!? YOU LIBTARDS ARE RUINING THE COUNTRY!

or... you know. you know the rules. you have signed up to the rules. so you should keep to the rules. or else... you can go to reddit.

Cringe post from umeu once again...I am surprised as ever
c0ns!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

very insightful post from @vardar too, unsurprisingly! Magnificent contribution as ever!

You choose to be here, and when you do, you choose to agree to the rules. nobody makes you be here. you werent born here. you have a choice. if you don't like it, you can actually fuck off. unlike when you're talking about citizens of an actual country. It's fucking hilarious he believes the thread was shut down because of a dispute about opinions, rather than because the disgusting display of a lack of human decency and respect for the values they are crying immigrants are defiling.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

umeu wrote:very insightful post from @vardar too, unsurprisingly! Magnificent contribution as ever!

You choose to be here, and when you do, you choose to agree to the rules. nobody makes you be here. you werent born here. you have a choice. if you don't like it, you can actually fuck off. unlike when you're talking about citizens of an actual country. It's fucking hilarious he believes the thread was shut down because of a dispute about opinions, rather than because the disgusting display of a lack of human decency and respect for the values they are crying immigrants are defiling.

Lol wut?

So when there is something you dont like and thus complain about, maybe you should just fuck off? Goes both ways then.
-
-
-
You choose to be here, and when you do, you choose to agree to the rules. nobody makes you be here. you werent born here. you have a choice. if you don't like it, you can actually fuck off.
c0ns!
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Thought ESOC is supposed to support people from many backgrounds and views...apparently only support the ones they agree with I guess?

I am in support of helping immigrants, a view I have recently changed actually in light of realizing it is the good thing to do. But that doesnt mean everyone has to and they can express that as well...
c0ns!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

are you being persecuted? nobody says you cant be here.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@deleted_user nah, I thought we can express views here? Apparently not all because they dont fit some people's perfect mold of what is right
c0ns!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

vardar wrote:Thought ESOC is supposed to support people from many backgrounds and views...apparently only support the ones they agree with I guess?

if that was the case all those users would be banned. That thread wasn't locked cause of "people saying things against PC agenda" or any such shit. It was locked cause it was a shitfest of of trolling and and flame.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

vardar wrote:Thought ESOC is supposed to support people from many backgrounds and views...apparently only support the ones they agree with I guess?

I am in support of helping immigrants, a view I have recently changed actually in light of realizing it is the good thing to do. But that doesnt mean everyone has to and they can express that as well...

There’s a difference between not wanting to accept immigrants and attacking a group of people who happen to have a presence in this community as well.
mad cuz bad
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Reminder: viewtopic.php?f=325&t=5351

Thank you :flowers:
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Lancer

Post by vardar »

n0el wrote:

There’s a difference between not wanting to accept immigrants and attacking a group of people who happen to have a presence in this community as well.

I never really said anything negative about any communities. Maybe I did via in a way I didnt realize?
c0ns!
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

not talking about you, sorry if it came off that way.
mad cuz bad
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@n0el ahh, got it now
c0ns!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

vardar wrote:@deleted_user nah, I thought we can express views here? Apparently not all because they dont fit some people's perfect mold of what is right

you actually can discuss your views and you do it all the time, until you cross certain boundaries explicitly mentioned that you shouldnt cross. you know this. you refuse to keep to it. which is fine, but atleast be a grown up about it and don't whine when you face the consequences. which are mild in any case anyway.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

I never studied anatomy, but I know that good things come from the heart, and that we all have one.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Grilled cheese
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums