Locking posts because someone disagrees.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Locking posts because someone disagrees.

Post by Gendarme »

@deleted_user2 We don't tolerate people talking about AoE3 here. This place is for politics and cryptocurrencies.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

The point is, some mod powers should be taken away lul.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

n0el wrote:This is the problem @Dolan. You are taking your anti immigration stance to defend attacks on a religion. Those are two different things. If you can’t see that then I’m afraid you are beyond help. I don’t think that view has anything to do with my favorable geographic postition. In fact we have quite a big issue with immigration here. People disagree with immigration but only the lunatics decry it for because Mexicans and other Central Americans are going to come attack Americans or rape them etc...it is fine to disagree with the concept of immigration but it’s entirely disrespectful and bigoted to attack the religion of a quarter of the world. That is the issue and that will not be tolerated.

Yeah, well, the Enlightenment is as dead as a rock (which includes this attitude of religious tolerance your are talking about). Proven unworkable and naive. It doesn't work with some religions. As long as they stay true to their roots, religions are mutually exclusive, like all gods. Gods don't accepts other gods, so why would their followers accept the followers of other gods? You can only be tolerant as long as you're no longer true to your religion, ie, you're a moderate, a lukewarm believer. Which is why integration works for some Muslims, but not all. Those who stay true to their medieval beliefs don't fail to integrate, they are not willing to even try.

But anyway, it wasn't me attacking Islamism. My position was against mass immigration. I couldn't care less if they continued to practise their medieval beliefs in the Middle East, ie where their home is.

That is a slightly different position. A case-by-case immigration for talented and civilised immigrants can work and should be encouraged, but not mass migration of millions over a short period of time. That kind of mass migration is not properly manageable and will lead to unreasonable burden on public expenditure too.

..And one more point. If we were ever true to Enlightenment, we wouldn't have tolerated any kind of religion in Western society. Since Enlightenment argued in favour of reason and education, not violent beliefs dictated by "gods" and prophets. So, when we tolerate religions which include violent tenets, we aren't even true to our cultural heritage. It's just that nobody seems capable of living up to the mighty goals of Enlightenment, so here's another reason why it's dead.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

somppukunkku wrote:The point is, some mod powers should be taken away lul.

The person/persons who deleted your posts wasn't/weren't actually part of the Community Team, just certain members with moderator rights. I have been trying to stop it from happening . If your posts are still being deleted you can contact me via Discord or PM. :smile:
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

oats13 wrote:It's really amusing how you can often tell someone who has never read the Koran- they are too busy defending it :P

Tbh this argument does not make any sense because if you read the bible you can see it also says horrible things. Also different things can be interpreted different ways.
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Dolan wrote:@Lecturing Americans

Tbh, it's easy for you to talk, but you shouldn't ignore when there are historical reasons why people have particular phobias.

Think about the Armenian genocide, that Turkey still does not recognise. Could you call an Armenian bigoted or Turkophobe because he does not want anything to do with Turkey?

It's similar with Eastern European states and Islamism, since they've been plundering these territories, raping, and killing many innocents for centuries. Why did they do this? In the name of Allah and their religion. That was their objective back then, to conquer Europe. And we, Eastern Europe, paid the price for Europe's security. While those faggots were "busy" discovering the world, doing scientific research and writing poetry, we were busy defending the gate entrance to Europe with our blood.

There's a similar feeling towards Russia, after the USSR maimed and deformed our history for 5 fucking decades. Who are you to tell us we have to forgive?

You live in your fucking island/continent, in a very comfortable position and come here lecturing us about how "bigoted" we are, how paranoid and whateverphobes we are. Try living next to your enemies for a few centuries, not protected by two oceans and let's see how tall you walk and how proud you talk about yourselves.

You seem more envious of western europeans than being invaded by Islam, which one is it?
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

edeholland wrote:

The person/persons who deleted your posts wasn't/weren't actually part of the Community Team, just certain members with moderator rights. I have been trying to stop it from happening . If your posts are still being deleted you can contact me via Discord or PM. :smile:

Lmao what? how can you say that with a straight face, so you're telling me there are people who have mod powers actively deleting posts from people they don't like or disagree with???
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

No. People don't actively delete posts. He just meant that if Somppu ever experiences that again (this happened a while back) he can contact him directly and he'll solve the issue.
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Post by j_t_kirk »

InsectPoison wrote:
edeholland wrote:

Lmao what? how can you say that with a straight face

Did you see him? Maybe he didn't say that with a straight face :hmm:
ImageImageImage
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

What Gendarme said. It's a response to @deleted_user2 's "The point is, some mod powers should be taken away lul.", because as far as I know, that should have been solved already. He can't blame the current Community Team members for what happened in the past.

Maybe I should not have said "I have been trying", that makes it sound like I am still trying, sorry :P
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

InsectPoison wrote:You seem more envious of western europeans than being invaded by Islam, which one is it?

The way things work in the West right now, I don't think I am envious of Western Europeans anymore. I do feel like I'm part of the same culture, even if my country is positioned at the periphery of Europe.

I don't like that Western Europe has grown complacent thanks to the last seven decades of pacifism and material wellbeing. Europe seems to have gone in conservation mode, it's like it doesn't have any more ambitions, nothing else to achieve, there's a fatigue of motivation to achieve more than just perpetuating the status quo and improving its stats a bit. When Communism was still a thing, the Western bloc had been kept on its toes by the Cold War. Now that there are no official enemies, Europe is wallowing in complacency. And it's starting to look like those species of apex predators which have lost all their enemies, but are now endangered or in conservation status.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Goodspeed wrote:
Jerom wrote:There's spam and trolling. The staff has always been against deleting little troll posts. Threads that get out of hand are locked, never deleted. The posts that ruin a thread are left there and then the ruined thread is locked. It's bad moderating, and it's because at the start of the forum people at the staff were strongly of the opinion that you should never delete posts. Or actually moderate beyond locking a thread. This is like troll heaven.
The rampant locking of threads is actually a new thing.

What about locking posts though?
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

edeholland wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Jerom wrote:There's spam and trolling. The staff has always been against deleting little troll posts. Threads that get out of hand are locked, never deleted. The posts that ruin a thread are left there and then the ruined thread is locked. It's bad moderating, and it's because at the start of the forum people at the staff were strongly of the opinion that you should never delete posts. Or actually moderate beyond locking a thread. This is like troll heaven.
The rampant locking of threads is actually a new thing.

What about locking the forums?
Top quality poster.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Laurence Drake wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Show hidden quotes

What about the droid attack on the wookies?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

I have Golad and Tiriosh, and a 525 skill in lockpicking. Fear me.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

edeholland wrote:
Laurence Drake wrote:
Show hidden quotes

What about the droid attack on the wookies?

Wookiees*
Top quality poster.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

thomasgreen6 wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:Well when you are including all the violence from Northern Ireland well the stats will look like that. What you are ignoring is that islamic terror is on the rise in direct correlation with mass muslim migration. As the muslim population increases so will the number of attacks. We are also seeing many more crimes on the increase like acid attacks, which originate in Bangladeshi community and now gangs have started using it. You are simply ignoring a very real problem by using pointless stats which include the war in Northern Ireland.

I'm not ignoring any problem and my statisitcs aren't meaningless. I recognise that the confilct in Northern Irelend does skew the results and the point of the graph I posted was to demonstarte that terroist incidents are not more likely or more regular now then in the past.

Ok so lets carry out further statistics. If you were to compare the number of people killed as a result of islamic related terroist attacks in the last 10 years (2018-2008) with the number of people killed in the 18 years before that (2008-1990) then there is no statisticaly significant differnece. This means that although there has been a larger then usual number of Islamic related teroist attacks in the UK is the past few years this could be an anomaly.

CelticCrusader wrote:What you are ignoring is that islamic terror is on the rise in direct correlation with mass muslim migration

I would also like to point out that the attacker at Westminister was British and one of the attackers in the London Bridge attack was also British and born in Britain. I don't think 'mass' Muslim migartion has much correlation at all with terroist attacks. Also the nuber of Muslim people in the UK has grown at a similar rate to the to the total population gorwth i.e the % of Muslims that make up the total population is not much different now to what it was in 2000.

It is not an anomaly that there has been more islamic attacks recently, its a direct correlation between increased muslim migration and an increase of islamic terror attacks. Dont be so fucking stupid. In the past we had no islamic terror attacks because there were no muslims here. Go and read about the history of islam. Since its inception its been at war. Its the most oppressive ideology out there and continues to follow the warlord muhammeds vile ways.

Yes that attacker was british born, but not british at all. He follows the word of allah, not british law. And you are trying to defend or deflect from the real issues with your statistics. We had 4 major terrorist attacks in the UK last year, many others were stopped before they could happen. Did you not see the manchester attacks? That was probably one of the worst we have suffered, do you want this to become normal ? Because it will if they continue to be given free will. We also have hundreds of people who have fought for isis roaming the country, which our spineless government let back in. There are so many people on the terror watch list that we cant actually monitor them all. But our government continue to import another culture that wishes for our annihilation. We just keep adding to the problem by letting masses of migrants in. Not forgetting our public services are crippled already. Stop defending a culture that wishes you dead. If you dont believe then me go read the Koran, there are over 100 verses of violence directed towards non believers.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

You are wrong, every statistic supports thomasgreens point on the correlation between immigration and terrorist attacks and you will find exactly the same if you google it, taken that you don't scroll to google page 93847246z38474 for some niche "alternative" facts you will most likely find there
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

jesus3 wrote:You are wrong, every statistic supports thomasgreens point on the correlation between immigration and terrorist attacks and you will find exactly the same if you google it, taken that you don't scroll to google page 93847246z38474 for some niche "alternative" facts you will most likely find there

Jesus has spoken. Praise be to God.
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Amen.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

It is no coincidence that since the syrian war and mass migration from the middle east and africa, we have begun to see far more attacks over europe not just the UK. Anyone trying to say otherwise is clearly ignorant. How can you miss it, its all over the news. One day you will understand , but it will be too late then. Anyway I had an official warning off Noel, so I suppose I should stop offending all you delicate souls in your ESOC safe space.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

CelticCrusader wrote:How can you miss it, its all over the news.

oof
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

CelticCrusader wrote:It is no coincidence that since the syrian war and mass migration from the middle east and africa, we have begun to see far more attacks over europe not just the UK. Anyone trying to say otherwise is clearly ignorant. How can you miss it, its all over the news. One day you will understand , but it will be too late then. Anyway I had an official warning off Noel, so I suppose I should stop offending all you delicate souls in your ESOC safe space.

"its all over the news"

Once again, you are not giving any statistic. There has been a lot more focus on the attacks, which might be the reason you say its all over the news.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Oh, is the discussion on again? BRB popcornsh!
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Gendarme wrote:Oh, is the discussion on again? BRB popcornsh!

This thread is more fun since your password thread was only about SirCallens 600c