Wtf is going on in Sweden

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Wtf is going on in Sweden

Post by Dolan »

This just happened a few hours ago, I think -- a police station from Malmo got attacked with hand grenades:
https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/21 ... -stockholm

What is weird is that virtually no major media is reporting this, except RT and the Daily express, which are not the most credible sources of news, but nobody else is reporting it (why):
https://www.rt.com/news/416221-malmo-ha ... de-police/

Australian who moved to Sweden to be with his girlfriend gets randomly stabbed to death in a public square:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... weden.html

A few days ago there was another knife attack, which left another Swede dead:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/90 ... est-latest

Then two people died after a grenade incident:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42597802

Some time ago there was an attempted arson attack on a synagogue:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-swed ... SKBN1E40DD

There was another one in Gotheborg too, mentioned in this article:
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News ... spx/240318
Swedish authorities have failed to protect the country’s Jewish community, the Scandinavian country’s ambassador to Israel admitted Friday following anti-Semitic incidents in Malmo and in Gothenburg, JTA reports.
The ambassador, Magnus Hellgren, made the comments in an interview for the Israeli daily Makor Rishon following an attempted torching of the Gothenburg synagogue and cries about killing Jews in Malmo.

Last year hackers played ISIS propaganda on the radio:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-swed ... SKBN1DA213

Swedish PM threatens to send the army against gangs wreaking havoc in Sweden
http://omni.se/lofven-utesluter-inte-mi ... g/a/3j6o19

What's striking is that perpetrators are never named, it's like there's an active and deliberate effort to hide the identity of those who commit these knife attacks. I didn't know that Sweden had a culture of knife violence until now (just as I didn't know the UK had an acid attack culture until recently). Why are Swedish people so ashamed of admitting they are really violent?

@zoom , @Gendarme are you guys ok? Did you stockpile fish cans and water in preparation for the trench warfare that Sweden seems to be headed to?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Wtf is going on in Sweden

Post by gibson »

More violence than this happens in Chicago on a weekly basis and yet no one cares cause it's largely black people, but when white people are attacked by minorities, everyone throws a shit fit.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Gosh! Crime is a thing?!?! No one told me!! :?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Wew, I am not even searching this shit, it just keeps popping on random news feeds. And yeah, we already know the USA is a warzone. That's why Chicago is called Chiraq, Chicongo and other fun names.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yeah Chicago is bad. It needs a lot of help. Most violence everywhere is bad.

A guy named "The Cantabury Cannibal" moved into my region. Where's the thread about me?!?!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

It's nowhere near as bad as you'd think, but it is a lot worse than it was ten or fifteen years ago. In the entirity of Gothenburg, there used to be a few shootings per year. Now, there's one or two per week. Consider this is still about one millionth of the U.S scenario. Joining the EU has a lot to do with this, failed integration just as much, and immigration less so.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

This is part and parcel of living in big cities; don't be silly. Millions of people around the world die in war, starvation, and disease each year, and you worry about getting just a bit stabbed? The least you can do is to get killed and negate some of the inequality.

Dolan you fucking bigot.
Pay more attention to detail.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@gibson

How come we don't have such a crime rate in Romania? I thought you guys were supposed to be the developed country and we the backward gypsyland.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

deleted_user wrote:Yeah Chicago is bad. It needs a lot of help. Most violence everywhere is bad.

A guy named "The Cantabury Cannibal" moved into my region. Where's the thread about me?!?!

eat or get eaten!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

jesus3 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Yeah Chicago is bad. It needs a lot of help. Most violence everywhere is bad.

eat or get eaten!

:food: :salt: :devil:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

zoom wrote: Joining the EU has a lot to do with this, failed integration just as much, and immigration less so.

That subtle, spicy irony you closed your sentence with...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Dolan wrote:@gibson

How come we don't have such a crime rate in Romania? I thought you guys were supposed to be the developed country and we the backward gypsyland.
Romania isnt a backward gypsyland? I think youre getting me and @sirmusket confused......
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

What a wonderful thread here on ESOC. Glad it doesn't mention pool chemicals, then it would get locked instantly!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

>devolving incredibly complex issues with two data points :ugeek:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

fightinfrenchman wrote:What a wonderful thread here on ESOC. Glad it doesn't mention pool chemicals, then it would get locked instantly!

There's nothing really wrong with the thread itself albeit a bit silly of Dolan and so far, by what might be regarded as the single greatest example of irony, zoi is the only one to respond in a serious and well-thought nature.

My concern with the thread is the apparent lack of questions it asks and more so the not-so-subtle implication it possesses.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well a few years ago I was working and living in Brussels (Belgium). Then, when my contract ended, I left Brussels and returned to my country. After a year or two, the metro station where I used to switch lines while going downtown got attacked with a bomb. 14 were killed, hundreds were wounded.

Damn, I'm glad I don't live in a developed Western country anymore and risk seeing my limbs flying in the air, while I'm just walking through a subway station. :^)

You know, it's just regular crime, mane, nothing out of the ordinary:
deleted_user wrote:Gosh! Crime is a thing?!?! No one told me!! :?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Yeah eastern Europe seems like the best place to be right now.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's not that great, but at least you don't risk dying from random terror attacks and don't have to constantly apologise for being who you are.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I'm in America and I don't fear terrorist attacks or ever apologize for who I am, ask me anything
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:I'm in America and I don't fear terrorist attacks or ever apologize for who I am, ask me anything

You should apologize for being white
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Shit will escalate quite rapidly though, and then it may very well be too late to move there. This shit has just begun. :/
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Dolan wrote:It's not that great, but at least you don't risk dying from random terror attacks and don't have to constantly apologise for being who you are.
Terrorism™

"It works!"
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Gendarme wrote:Shit will escalate quite rapidly though, and then it may very well be too late to move there. This shit has just begun. :/

Something something Jerom's weird demon-poop rants.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Dolan wrote:It's not that great, but at least you don't risk dying from random terror attacks and don't have to constantly apologise for being who you are.

You might be exaggerating a tiny bit, also why would you need to apologize for being who you are :?
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Lukas_L99 wrote:

You might be exaggerating a tiny bit, also why would you need to apologize for being who you are :?

Apologize for being a nazi german
r]