Trust in institutions

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: Trust in institutions

Post by spanky4ever »

Snuden wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:fuck I never thought I would be on the side of @Snuden in any discussion, but here I am ;)

Repeat after me: H A I L S A T A N!

That is overstepping it thoug. if I dont beleave in "god" - I shure dont beleave in "satan"
"
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I beleave in the good in ppl, and that it will prevail, whatever shenanigans are thrown at them. Sanity will prevail, even in Trump land ( first in Trump land prolly)
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Snuden wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:fuck I never thought I would be on the side of @Snuden in any discussion, but here I am ;)

Repeat after me: H A I L S A T A N!

That is overstepping it thoug. if I dont beleave in "god" - I shure dont beleave in "satan"
"

Satan is a metaphor.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Snuden wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes

"

Satan is a metaphor.

Light bearer. <3
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Snuden wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes

"

Satan is a metaphor.

Satan is a metaphor for evil. DONT condone THAT
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Snuden wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:Why do you get triggered by christianity? Or any religious sort of talk i guess

In case this was for me... Even if it wasn't;

IMO most believers cling on to fake hope, rather than take responsibility for their own happiness/wealth/health/etc
There is no God... It's a hoax, designed for the weak minded in order to give them false hope, and of course take their money.

I'll admit that I don't read or watch a whole lot about it, but sometimes it's served right in my face if I have the misfortune of watching a Republicunt defending some kind of absurdness. If my remote control is a little low on battery I am sometimes exposed to such retardness for up to 8-10 seconds, without being mentally prepared.

It is not written in the bible that God will do the laundry for you or find you a job if you don't have one, your responsibilities don't all go immediately on God's shoulders at the very moment you become christian :lol: If fake hope can give you motivation to achieve your goals in life then i guess it's not that bad... Obviously what you believe and what you don't believe will always come down to you as a person in the end, some people might take it too far but at that point i'd rather blame it on the people. It is my fault if i am so obsessed with the bible that i actually believe that God took a rib bone from Adam to create Eve and i am unable to see the figurative image behind the metaphore. People are naturally inclined to believe what is easy to believe, be it religion or pseudo-science, it's a flaw in the human nature. Until proven wrong with actual evidence we tend to stick closely to our beliefs (e.g. flat earth vs round earth question in the middle ages/renaissance).
The religious authorities might disagree with what i do but personally i like to take what i like from religions, rather than the full package containing both the stuff i like and the stuff i don't like. I think christianity has a lot of good teachings to offer, so if i hear something i like, i will keep it in mind, if i hear something i don't like or that i disagree with instead, i'll take it with a grain of salt and eventually leave it or investigate further. If i end up embracing some beliefs that lead me to harming others then it is my fault in the first place, i should have known better. If religion/someone tells me to harm others i won't do it because my ability to judge and to act coherently to my principles should have the priority over what religions/other people say.
Obvioulsy this is my personal point of view on religion and it is not properly christian or whatever. My point was that imo it's not just black or white, you don't have to either hate christianity or fully and blindly embrace it. As there are both a good and a bad side (as with everything) i like to look at the whole thing and not just at one of the sides. I like to look into things before dismissing them completely.
"It's easier to notice one tree falling rather than the whole forest growing."

Anyway this is true topic derailing, i'm sorry :cry:
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

gamevideo113 wrote:
Snuden wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:Why do you get triggered by christianity? Or any religious sort of talk i guess

In case this was for me... Even if it wasn't;

IMO most believers cling on to fake hope, rather than take responsibility for their own happiness/wealth/health/etc
There is no God... It's a hoax, designed for the weak minded in order to give them false hope, and of course take their money.

I'll admit that I don't read or watch a whole lot about it, but sometimes it's served right in my face if I have the misfortune of watching a Republicunt defending some kind of absurdness. If my remote control is a little low on battery I am sometimes exposed to such retardness for up to 8-10 seconds, without being mentally prepared.

It is not written in the bible that God will do the laundry for you or find you a job if you don't have one, your responsibilities don't all go immediately on God's shoulders at the very moment you become christian :lol: If fake hope can give you motivation to achieve your goals in life then i guess it's not that bad... Obviously what you believe and what you don't believe will always come down to you as a person in the end, some people might take it too far but at that point i'd rather blame it on the people. It is my fault if i am so obsessed with the bible that i actually believe that God took a rib bone from Adam to create Eve and i am unable to see the figurative image behind the metaphore. People are naturally inclined to believe what is easy to believe, be it religion or pseudo-science, it's a flaw in the human nature. Until proven wrong with actual evidence we tend to stick closely to our beliefs (e.g. flat earth vs round earth question in the middle ages/renaissance).
The religious authorities might disagree with what i do but personally i like to take what i like from religions, rather than the full package containing both the stuff i like and the stuff i don't like. I think christianity has a lot of good teachings to offer, so if i hear something i like, i will keep it in mind, if i hear something i don't like or that i disagree with instead, i'll take it with a grain of salt and eventually leave it or investigate further. If i end up embracing some beliefs that lead me to harming others then it is my fault in the first place, i should have known better. If religion/someone tells me to harm others i won't do it because my ability to judge and to act coherently to my principles should have the priority over what religions/other people say.
Obvioulsy this is my personal point of view on religion and it is not properly christian or whatever. My point was that imo it's not just black or white, you don't have to either hate christianity or fully and blindly embrace it. As there are both a good and a bad side (as with everything) i like to look at the whole thing and not just at one of the sides. I like to look into things before dismissing them completely.

did not take you for a brainwashed one, my bad :shock: And I am sorry for not reading all of those horseshit
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

iwillspankyou wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

did not take you for a brainwashed one, my bad :shock: And I am sorry for not reading all of those horseshit

It’s his own belief and his own standard to believe so. Not nice to say it’s a horseshit even if you disagree. I am not Christian myself and I don’t believe in Christianity but I respect him.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@Googol why dont he make a thread about that, and stop swapning all the interesting ones with Jesus, Jesus!!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Its fucking crazy why the admins dont stop this
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

princeofcarthage wrote:There's probably some 14 year old brainwashed kid out their who is reading what you have posted and getting ready to strap a suicide vest to his chest and blow up a a market in Pakistan under name of religion.
That's oddly specific... :hmm:
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

iwillspankyou wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

That's really insensitive and offensive, I would like to ask you to read it again and reconsider your words.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

iwillspankyou wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Woww the d i s r e s p e c c is real :unsure:
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

sorry @edeholland this was never a thread about religion, but some ppl made it, So I will not read it carefully, cos I am quite angry about the derailing. and being a mod, you could do something about that!
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

iwillspankyou wrote:@Googol why dont he make a thread about that, and stop swapning all the interesting ones with Jesus, Jesus!!

Why don't you post what you have to say on the topic instead of complaining about what other users are posting?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

gamevideo113 wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:@Googol why dont he make a thread about that, and stop swapning all the interesting ones with Jesus, Jesus!!

Why don't you post what you have to say on the topic instead of complaining about what other users are posting?

cos the original topic is derailed, cos of you and your friends. You just ruin every good discussions with your wishywasy bs :shock:
Some would maybe say, game completed, we got what we wanted? no real debate here, but I really loath what some ppl are doing in almost every thread. Hence I dont debate more, anymore! Your loss :cry:
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Arguably your complaints are more irrelevant to the topic than my posts.
I'd be glad to see more discussion about the original topic here.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

This isn't directed at you in particular, spanks
. @kami_ryu did not think it was, and I apreciate the job that mods are doing. Wish they would be a little harder on the ppl who derail the topics. Sometime I did that 2. and somone should spank me 2 for doing that. No hard feelings
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Jam wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:There's probably some 14 year old brainwashed kid out their who is reading what you have posted and getting ready to strap a suicide vest to his chest and blow up a a market in Pakistan under name of religion.
That's oddly specific... :hmm:

Maybe I have some secret CIA source :hmm:
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

iwillspankyou wrote:
This isn't directed at you in particular, spanks
. @kami_ryu did not think it was, and I apreciate the job that mods are doing. Wish they would be a little harder on the ppl who derail the topics. Sometime I did that 2. and somone should spank me 2 for doing that. No hard feelings

This thread had not really derailed, because, like Kami said, religion is an on-topic subject here. Also, it's not always bad when a discussions takes a different turn, especially in the off-topic board.

Once again, I would like you to be a bit more respectful about the worldview of other members. I am hoping you can continue the original discussion now (whatever you deem that to be), no hard feelings :flowers:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

about trust in the institutions, this should be one big concern;
phpBB [video]

This is no where fair, or democratic, In any way

1 persent got 86 of the profits :mad:
This was last year, guess how much it will be in 2018 :uglylol:
This is what we should debate imo :huh:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lejend wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
lejend wrote:Although today's struggles aren't economic or political or material.
:hmm:

Well, what about it? Today, people have air conditioning, cars, modern housing, limitless entertainment, plentiful food, and a whole host of material luxuries. But at the same time, they are lonely, depressed, bored, lazy. Their parents are selfish or missing. Their romantic life is essentially one empty and temporary relationship after another, or just no relationship at all. They are drug addled or drunks. They are unaware of their worth and constantly debase themselves. They have no sense of community. Their societies are constantly being invaded by foreign elements that slaughter and torture their women/children.

It's because they are not Christian. Christianity is the cure to all this. Which makes you think: what entity is trying to keep this cure to people's ills away from them? Why are people today so unaware of it?

Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2 Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”

10 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”

11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15 For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’[a]

16 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17 For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.

18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

How is christianity the cure? It's one thing to diagnose the problem, it's another thing to fix it. If you say christianity will fix the worlds problems, then please explain how.

As for Vienna, it's funny how you invoke it constantly, just like tours. You talk so much about times past, while being totally ignorant of history. Just like dolan in that regard.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Hi. I feel like it's very important to the overall health of our community to write this. There seems to be an inherent disrespect and even straight up hate towards religions. I get it.

As some of you know, I grew up extremely religious. IFB, specifically if you wish to look it up. (Links for you scholars and/or bored people: a nice overview, go a bit deeper, blog and forum that helped me so very much in recovering. I was very damaged by religion. When I left home, I knew nothing about the real world. I won't get into all that here. Needless to say, I developed an extreme hate towards religion. I was the militant atheist that gives all atheists bad reps. Some of the things that people say here, I would have said and given standing ovations. My ire was incredibly strong. I went out of my way to be offensive to religious people. I'm not proud of it; rather, I'm quite ashamed now. I have grown so much as a person since then. I still have remnants of those feelings, I still say offensive religious things. I try to limit myself, but things slip out sometimes and for that I apologize. Change takes time. More healing is required for deeper cuts and mine are quite deep and there are many of them. I am sorry for offenses.

I say all this because an individual choosing to believe in something that you do not, doesn't make them any less of a person. Getting to this point was difficult for me. I don't know if others of you have also been hurt by religion. Based upon some of the things I've read (not just this thread, but other threads here as well), I would venture to say that perhaps some of you have. I feel for you if so. Respecting one another and our differences is critical for humanity. You say, "well, logic and reason dictates x". That fine, but please refrain from making personalized attacks on an individual, such as "you're an idiot for believing in such illogical beliefs". It's not helpful for anyone and actually does the opposite effect. It fosters negativity within as well as without.

Just remember, you do not always know the life that others have had. Please, at the very least, be respectful of the person even if you aren't respectful of their religion. Maybe someday you can then appreciate their religion and maybe take some useful things out of it to apply to your life. My personal favorite chapters of the bible are: Matthew 5,6, and 7 and 1 Corinthians 13.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html