Good Tower Defense Games?

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Good Tower Defense Games?

Post by deleted_user »

I've played more hours of Bloons Tower Defense 3, 4, 5 than I care to admit (peaked top 1% on leaderboards on 3 and 4 for months back in high school as if that's something to pride), back when the upgrades were unlocked through gameplay and not monetarily released. They've since become too much a grind/cash grab for my taste. Such a fun franchise though. The levels are innovative and require different strategies for each despite the waves always being the same for each round. This allows for the perfect mix of game experience and adaptation. The level tiers are well made and new packs are frequently released. The most difficult levels are very difficult but not necessarily impossible with tower rewards. Fantastic mobile app and interface. 9.5/10

Desktop Tower Defense is another good one but quite repetitive after awhile as all you do is craft a maze. Games becomes predictable and actually the waves become too powerful quite soon. 5/10

Kingdom Rush 1 and 2 are very fun and I've played through both of these a couple of times each. Levels increase in difficulty. There is incentive to do well in the levels to unlock upgrade points. Special moves like sentires and meteor add an interesting personal strategy to it. The final level I probably had to redo 3-4 times. Stealth characters are unfairly OP. 8/10

Canyon Defense 1 and 2 I've also played and beaten. A bit too easy imo. 6/10

Games I haven't played yet: Gemcraft (well I tried it and couldn't get into it really) and Plants vs Zombies both of which are extremely popular. Have you played these games? What do you think of them and what might you recommend?

I actually remembered my old login info for BTD5! Playing a game right now!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Good Tower Defense Games?

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Just play AoE3 tower defense scenario? :hmm:
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Kingdom rush and these crazy monkeys are really good. I played monkeys td battles timing is fun there. In td genre, while concept is fun if not done good enough it can be quite boring. In addition to your suggestions, i loved a tower defence map on warcraft lll but cant remember its name.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Call of Duty: World at War Zombies
hit me up xoxo
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

[video=99]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh5e1BqHLEE[/video]
Pay more attention to detail.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

after kingdom rush every tower defense seemed so dull to me
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Post by Timba »

I recommend Plants vs Zombies. The mechanic where towers are placed on the same space that enemies travel allows for some interesting dynamics. Might be too easy, though. Haven't played PvZ2 much so can't say if it's a better game, but probably worth trying out as well.
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m