Rap Music Questionary

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Re: Rap Music Questionary

Post by n0el »

Acolyte wrote:
Cometk wrote:
Acolyte wrote:Indeed Primitif music and that kind of music incite poeple to violence, d...g ,st...ling, not complete their school degree, having poor job. I hope it already not took over of your life activity at this moment D: :ohmy:

use your ears for something that isn't ignorance

Sorry, but all poeple I knew who stayed on Rap music, well they never succeded their life, working in poor job with minimun income, they talking about dr...g, st...ling stuff on store, non of them finished their school degree. their clothes its very poor bs. Lets be serious, we all saw in news Rap Singers they quit the world by doing d....g overdose. Also, most of time poeple who stay on Rap world, they always have criminal background. what kind of education poeple want to teach to their family. Every good family would do their maximun of their chance to make sure their kids avoid rap world etc....

I think I am doing pretty well in life. It's my number 1 listened to genre since i was 8 or 9 and bought the Slim Shady LP.
mad cuz bad
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

This is where SirCallen is supposed to interject with "a n e c d o t a l e v i d e n c e" if I'm not mistaken.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Nah, this is where I say Acolyte is spouting paranoid nonsense. It doesn't matter what the rebuttals are because a serious case was never made in the first place
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

GONE PRIMITIF
Russia Acolyte
Dragoon

Post by Acolyte »

:wood:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

What's a classic world? Are you talking about classical music?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Classical and hip hop are my two favorite genres of music! It even says so in my tinder profile.

I think it's clear why Acolyte doesn't like rap.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

deleted_user wrote:Classical and hip hop are my two favorite genres of music! It even says so in my tinder profile.

I think it's clear why Acolyte doesn't like rap.

She hates rap because of tinder?
r]
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

deleted_user wrote:Children are very impressionable. Parents should make sure to control what explicit media they might consume. This is hardly an attack on the genre's musicality.

Oh, as far as an attack on the genre is concerned, rap music appears to be a person just talking, not singing. Rap shouldnt be called music, but it is an art. Personally, i am disgusted at whatever 'rap' songs the neighbors play on full blast in their earthquake generating gangsta car.
Error 404: Signature not found
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Acolyte wrote:This is example that what I said before, the begining of the video , the kid about violence p....w then you see bl.....d on the floor. Later in video, poeple wearing poor bs clothes. Well Classic world and Rap world are incompatible in life..... sorry but that video confirm Rap music related to violence or worse.....
There is nothing prood about it to stay Rap music world .....

what do you think about movies depicting war then...? to exclude such an essential part of human history from what you consider acceptable to express, to me itā€™s just unthinkable. i mean there are classical pieces that are thematically set to represent war and violence, so by your logic you shouldnā€™t enjoy those either?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Cometk wrote:by your logic
:hmm:
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

phpBB [video]
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Acolyte does make a good point, imo, though maybe he didn't get that idea across in a suggestive enough way.

Let's face it, most of the subject matter in rap and hiphop is not about flowers, the environment or philosophical conundrums (though I'm sure you could probably find at least one song about any subject). On average, rap music is mostly concerned with a family of related themes: violence in da hood, guns, drugs, womyn, makin' dough, getting enuff respec etc etc. Sure you can find an outlier like Flying Lotus who could write about anything under the sun, but he's not really part of the typical rap scene, he's more of an experimental sort of rapper.

You could also say that this makes a lot of sense, because initially that's where rap and hiphop came from, from black neighbourhoods that were plagued by lots of social issues. So they tend to reflect those issues mostly. But lately, like during the last 10-15 years, hiphop became a mainstream thing and that's not because it got so much better than it was back when J Dilla and Mos Def were in their prime. It became a mainstream thing because it was promoted by the media and because something changed in society during the last 10-15 years, which made people identify more with the thuglife/hardship/violence themes. People wear their music like warriors wear their totems on their shields, it's a token of what gives them confidence, the battle cry that cancels out any demotivating noise that could come from the outside.

As long as society will wallow in uncertainty, anomie and violence, this kind of values and music will be popular. But I got sick of it, it's such a hackneyed recipe for making music: add a beat, add some rapping and some samples as a background melody, sprinkle lots of swagger/"attitude" on top of it and you got a lit song. Same for all these neuroticising EDM songs that everyone with a PC can make in their bedroom with a DAW.

I'd rather become an audiophile ape who listens to Chubby Checker, Massive attack, Men at work, the Wallace Collection (or some weirdos like Knower), than identify with a bunch of tribes shouting their neighbourhood battlecries in the mic.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Dolan wrote:Acolyte does make a good point

It's clear to me why you dislike rap. It's the same reason Acolyte dislikes rap.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's clear to me why you like rap too. :wood:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Wow! A bundle o wood! Whatever could it mean?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yup, make sure you make it lit.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

The AoE 3 community sucks, I'm gonna move to AoE 2
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:The AoE 3 community sucks, I'm gonna move to AoE 2

Fugg yew
Russia Acolyte
Dragoon

Post by Acolyte »

:wood:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Acolyte wrote:

See poeples, Rap music related to violence and worse soo much that poeple leaving aoe3 community to aoe2 community because Rap music...
:hmm:

Great sentence formation there
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

phpBB [video]
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Do you know da wae?
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

[video=64]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul3BP_YKmDg[/video]