dirty money, new netflix documentary

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Re: dirty money, new netflix documentary

Post by Snuden »

deleted_user wrote:
Snuden wrote:Only if Callen do it first!

I'm doing it now to extraordinary lengths you can only dream of

huehuewheahawhehewueheuhhehaehwhehahewhewhehewhwehwehuiehuehhewhahahahuehwhehahew
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

I know about "extraordinary length" (no homo)
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Snuden wrote:I know about "extraordinary length" (no homo)

slam it in my ass, big boi
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

deleted_user wrote:

You didn't do it!
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Snuden wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

You didn't do it!

rub my prostate like a tactile cupid
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Wtf
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Googol wrote:Wtf

Callen want Viking dick, ain't happening though ^_^
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Knock it off, or you both will be drunk tanked. I asked you politely..... :sad:
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Yes.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Reply to PM: Zap.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

A little spoiler, if some of your are interested in this serie:
[spoiler=spoiler]First episode of the serie, is about the WW scandal. I will never buy a WW, In fact I prolly will never buy a German car again, after watching this (unless its electric). It also show that the US system, where more effective at revealing the cheat, and punish it! To get a picture of how EU are handling this issue, you should watch it yourself. In EU its more important to protect the engine, than ppl. What? - you read this right!!

Second episode is about Pay-day-loans - a lucurative buisness, profiting biggly of the poor ppl.

3rd episode is about medical buisness, run like a hegdefond. Predatory buy ups of other companies, espesially if they have a product that no other company make , giving them the opertunety to hike the price for the drugs in a BIG WAY. It takes close look at the firm Valiant, the rice and the fall of this particular company.

4th episode is about spesific banks who deal with drug money, and how little the US goverment are willing to punish them. I mean, if you white wash drugmoney, you go to jail for a very long time. These banks only get a slap on the rist, nobody go to jail, and buisness return to "normal".

6th episode is about Trump! Nothing much there though, that most ppl already knows? But it gives you a thicker story of how crocked this guy are[/spoiler]
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Snuden wrote:As I have 2 children I might be able to translate, allow me;

I think what Callen is trying to say is that Lejends generalization of Jews also apply to Caucasian westerners, or to most other ethnic groups.
It can also be seen as a passive aggressive way of saying, we are all equal.

Lejends post can be interpreted in a rather negative way, so Callen want to point out that Caucasians are no better.

How can it be interpreted negatively to say that Jews are more likely to be highly-educated or artistic? It's a popular subject of Jewish humor and the data back it up.

Education plays a major role as a part of Jewish identity; as Jewish culture puts a special premium on it and stresses the importance of cultivation of intellectual pursuits, scholarship and learning, American Jews as a group tend to be better educated and earn more than Americans as a whole.[100][101][102][103][104] Jewish Americans also have an average of 14.7 years of schooling making them the most highly educated of all major religious groups in the United States.[105][106]

Forty-four percent (55% of Reform Jews) report family incomes of over $100,000 compared to 19% of all Americans, with the next highest group being Hindus at 43%.[107][108] And while 27% of Americans have had 4 year university or postgraduate education, fifty-nine percent (66% of Reform Jews) of American Jews have, the second highest of any religious group after American Hindus.[107][109][110] 75% of American Jews have achieved some form of post-secondary education if two-year vocational and community college diplomas and certificates are also included.[111][112][113][106]

31% of American Jews hold a graduate degree, this figure is compared with the general American population where 11% of Americans hold a graduate degree.[107] White collar professional jobs have been attractive to Jews and much of the community tend to take up professional white collar careers requiring tertiary education involving formal credentials where the respectability and reputability of professional jobs is highly prized within Jewish culture. While 46% of Americans work in professional and managerial jobs, 61% of American Jews work as professionals, many of whom are highly educated, salaried professionals whose work is largely self-directed in management, professional, and related occupations such as engineering, science, medicine, investment banking, finance, law, and academia.[114]

Much of the Jewish American community lead middle class lifestyles.[115] While the median household net worth of the typical American family is $99,500, among American Jews the figure is $443,000.[116][117] In addition, the median Jewish American income is estimated to be in the range of $97,000 to $98,000, nearly twice as high the American national median.[118] Either of these two statistics may be confounded by the fact that the Jewish population is on average older than other religious groups in the country, with 51% of polled adults over the age of 50 compared to 41% nationally.[109] Older people tend to both have higher income and be more highly educated.

A possible origin of this stereotype is anthropologist Margaret Mead's research into the European shtetl, financed by the American Jewish Committee.[44] Although her interviews at Columbia University, with 128 European-born Jews, disclosed a wide variety of family structures and experiences, the publications resulting from this study and the many citations in the popular media resulted in the Jewish mother stereotype: a woman intensely loving but controlling to the point of smothering and attempting to engender enormous guilt in her children via the endless suffering she professes to have experienced on their behalf. The Jewish mother stereotype, then, has origins in the American Jewish community, with predecessors coming from Eastern Europe.1 In Israel, with its diversity of cultural backgrounds and where most mothers are Jewish, the same stereotypical mother is known as the Polish mother (isha Polania).[45][46]

Comedian Jackie Mason describes stereotypical Jewish mothers as parents who have become so expert in the art of needling their children that they have honorary degrees in "Jewish Acupuncture".[47] Rappoport observes that jokes about the stereotype have less basis in anti-Semitism than they have in gender stereotyping.[48] Helmreich agrees, observing that the attributes of a Jewish mother—overprotection, pushiness, aggression, and guilt-inducement—could equally well be ascribed to mothers of other ethnicities, from Italians through Blacks to Puerto Ricans.[49]

The association of this otherwise gender stereotype with Jewish mothers in particular, is, according to Helmreich, because of the importance that is traditionally placed by Judaism on the home and the family, and on the role of the mother within that family. Judaism, as exemplified by the Bible (e.g. the Woman of Valor) and elsewhere, ennobles motherhood, and associates mothers with virtue. This ennoblement was further increased by poverty and hardship of Eastern European Jews immigrating into the United States (during the period 1881–1924, when one of the largest waves of such immigration occurred), where the requirements of hard work by the parents were passed on to children via guilt: "We work so hard so that you can be happy." Other aspects of the stereotype are rooted in those immigrant Jewish parents' drive for their children to succeed, resulting in a push for perfection and a continual dissatisfaction with anything less: "So you got a B? That could have been an A there." Hartman observes that the root of the stereotype is in the self-sacrifice of first-generation immigrants, unable to take full advantage of American education themselves, and the consequent transference of their aspirations, to success and social status, from themselves to their children. A Jewish mother obtains vicarious social status from the achievements of her children, where she is unable to achieve such status herself.[49][50]
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Season 2 has been out a little while now. Each episode I get more and more horrified with the world I live in.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”